Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbland

Tepper wants a roof on BOA.

1 minute ago, bandu said:

BOA needs to make some noise

so hell yeah put a roof on it.

You don't need a roof for noise.

Trust me.

12 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Artie Blank is gonna make a poo-ton of money for his next ex-wife from MB Stadium.

The City of Atlanta though?  Not so sure.

Really depends on how they managed the deal. I live in Arlington now so I know about att stadium. Cowboys pay 2m in rent plus 500k of att deal goes to the city. Even though they didnt pay for the whole cost 325m plus 150m from the NFL, the city of Arlington still owns the building. The city knows how to do stadium loans tho and pay them off decades early. 

5 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

You don't need a roof for noise.

Trust me.

yeah i know for a fact you're telling the truth 

but bup see the problem is our fans 

34 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

1. I agree with you.

2. You (and those who agree with you, including me) have no reason to complain if/when the organization the Marty and Ron-loving billionaire owns moves to an area with politicians who are stupid enough to write Tepper a blank check.

Yep that's why the NFL and owners should be paying for thier own stadiums so they can't play the "I'll move the team to Alberque card"

7i3U.gif

If a roof expands tourism into events like final four and Rolling Stones concerts and expands tourism from 10 games to 20-30+ events a year, you better be ready for tax payer money to come in strong for this. 

Charlotte pays for the stadium AS IS. An investment that would increase revenue 3x isn’t far fetched. 

Tepper is also dreaming rn.  We would be 3-5 years out on that minimum right now. Smart man. 

58 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

BOA is outdated. A roof won't change that fact. You guys need a new stadium.

No we do not. 

I expect to see us convert to artificial turf whenever Tepper gets a MLS team.  This would open the stadium to more college games, HS Championship games,  and concerts, on top of Panthers & MLS games. It is just a matter of time.

6 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Exactly. You want a multipurpose complex that can be used all year long. Not doing so is a waste. Concerts, basketball, all kinds of different shows..

Wonder how Michael Jordan feels about it?

30 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

No we do not. 

It felt old when I had season tickets back through the mid 00s. You can only add so many escalators, TV screens, etc. The classic oval and bowl-shaped stadium era is over.

5 hours ago, CatTower said:

It's a great idea to add a roof.  I think a lot of fans don't particularly like to brave the elements and this will ensure that we get the most Panther fans in the seats instead of other team's fans.

"Other team's fans" aren't ending up "in the seats" because of "the elements"...

....it's all about the benjamin's.

Part and parcel to that, Panther fans are sellers of those seats because odds are they are going to see a mediocre product --- and if they can collect some great coin, AND watch said mediocre product from the comfort of their couch, that's an arbitrage they are willing to exploit.

5 hours ago, Camp Fodder said:

Plus a roof is needed for a potential Super Bowl. Charlotte is not quite warm enough in early Feb

Sure it is, plenty warm.  Football is an outdoor game, millennial pansies need to grow a pair.

Jets/Giants Stadium doesn't have a roof and they got a Super Bowl.

That said, nobody wants to come to Charlotte for a Super Bowl, what a dud that would be.  (not saying it will never happen, but makes no sense)

5 hours ago, usmcpanthers said:

Getting the Super Bowl is huge event, dont understand why investors arent popping up enough hotels to support the influx.

Plow a bunch of money into something that's a one-and-done?  Would you do that with your own cash?