Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

micnificent28

Isaac Nauta another tight end?

Recommended Posts

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/06/isaac-nauta/

I love this kid coming out of high school,former FSU commit who bolted at the last second for uga I thought he was the next big thing at te. After watching a million videos of him smoking cornerbacks and one handed catches galour, he disappeared on to a talented uga squad that was run heavy focused.

I know were set with Olsen returning and Ian Thomas waiting in the wings, but I wouldn’t hesisiate to look this guys way if he’s there in the 3rd. I can count on one hand how many tight ends I have seen rated 5 star(o.j Howard comes to mind) tightends I have seen,but it signifies rare athleticism. Worth rolling the dice on. I’m sure this kid blows up the combine and probably rises up draft board. But he’s another one of guys I would love to have. 

 

 

 

In my opinion, Nauta is a sure-fire future starter in the NFL, with a well-balanced game that should translate easily. Despite just modest production in the receiving game, Nauta made the most of his opportunities. On just 35 targets, he accumulated 30 receptions, 430 yards and 3 touchdowns. That was good for an ultra-efficient 85.7% completion when targeted and 12.3 yards per target. Despite the somewhat limited passing reps, he showed complete ability as a pass-catching tight end.

A former 5-star recruit,

 

Edited by micnificent28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


56 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/06/isaac-nauta/

I love this kid coming out of high school,former FSU commit who bolted at the last second for uga I thought he was the next big thing at te. After watching a million videos of him smoking cornerbacks and one handed catches galour, he disappeared on to a talented uga squad that was run heavy focused.

I know were set with Olsen returning and Ian Thomas waiting in the wings, but I wouldn’t hesisiate to look this guys way if he’s there in the 3rd. I can count on one hand how many tight ends I have seen rated 5 star(o.j Howard comes to mind) tightends I have seen,but it signifies rare athleticism. Worth rolling the dice on. I’m sure this kid blows up the combine and probably rises up draft board. But he’s another one of guys I would love to have. 

 

 

 

In my opinion, Nauta is a sure-fire future starter in the NFL, with a well-balanced game that should translate easily. Despite just modest production in the receiving game, Nauta made the most of his opportunities. On just 35 targets, he accumulated 30 receptions, 430 yards and 3 touchdowns. That was good for an ultra-efficient 85.7% completion when targeted and 12.3 yards per target. Despite the somewhat limited passing reps, he showed complete ability as a pass-catching tight end.

A former 5-star recruit,

 

How does he block in the run game? That seems to be a big factor in who we sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Olsen is coming back I just don't see a TE being drafted until late in the draft if at all, especially with Manhertz being re-signed. I have to think that any TE drafted late would probably be competing with Manhertz for that #3 spot and likely ending up on the PS of he didn't end up getting poached.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If Olsen is coming back I just don't see a TE being drafted until late in the draft if at all, especially with Manhertz being re-signed. I have to think that any TE drafted late would probably be competing with Manhertz for that #3 spot and likely ending up on the PS of he didn't end up getting poached.

Olsen is coming back in name only basically...to play what another 2-3 games before blowing his foot out and heading to a booth to do play  by plays... Most of this board is normally all about bpa and a million threads about drafting a linebacker in the first but a competitor for tight is out of the question in the 3rd? i disagree. Talent cant be ignored if there value is that good. Manhertz is trash... hes waiting for anyone with hands to take his jon, Nauta Blocks and is a athletic freak. in the 3rd im beyond sold. Again another strong combine guy will probably jump.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Olsen is coming back in name only basically...to play what another 2-3 games before blowing his foot out and heading to a booth to do play  by plays... Most of this board is normally all about bpa and a million threads about drafting a linebacker in the first but a competitor for tight is out of the question in the 3rd? i disagree. Talent cant be ignored if there value is that good. Manhertz is trash... hes waiting for anyone with hands to take his jon, Nauta Blocks and is a athletic freak. in the 3rd im beyond sold. Again another strong combine guy will probably jump.

You have to take into account Rivera. Manhertz is one of his boys. He'll most likely be the #2 TE when Olsen is on the field and Thomas will be riding the bench.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

You have to take into account Rivera. Manhertz is one of his boys. He'll most likely be the #2 TE when Olsen is on the field and Thomas will be riding the bench.

Hey, Rivera kicked the Saints ass in N'orlins.   Another banner for BOA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KillerKat said:

You have to take into account Rivera. Manhertz is one of his boys. He'll most likely be the #2 TE when Olsen is on the field and Thomas will be riding the bench.

This is my concern. Thomas is too good just to back to the bench and be forgotten unless/until Greg get hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, panthers55 said:

How does he block in the run game? That seems to be a big factor in who we sign.

Not sure.

He is a Real fast riser right now.  I want to see him at the combine

UGA. Uses their TE mainly for blocking so youd think he'd be solid.

Since they used him in the blocking he didnt put big #s psss catching

 

 

Also this TE class is STACKED

Edited by ncfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, panthers55 said:

How does he block in the run game? That seems to be a big factor in who we sign.

article says its a big plus of his and he has as much potential there as he does as a receiver...now he is like 240-250 so hes not some mauler but he handles linebackers and dbs pretty well from the clips i see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be ok with getting him in the 3rd unless he blows up the Combine. Greg won’t be around much longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know,.. Phili and Patriots and others have shown what a solid double tightend can do on the field.

Gronk being an effective blocker as well as a good pass catcher also showed the value.

if he was worth it,.. it presents another passing option, blocking help etc,.. 

just more offensive help period.

we still need a OT and a G/C though—

we really need to use the first 4 picks on the Trenches.

a good tightend of course improves offensive blocking and receiving so it’s another way of helping.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×