• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

NAS

Cam Newton admits he couldn't throw 30 yards

As far as Cam goes, of course he's not gonna admit that he can't do it. These are alpha males with a lot of ego and even more money riding on their ability to perform.

But a HC or OC should be able to tell if their QB can't throw over 30 yards or so. How do you ascertain that a QB that can only throw the ball 30 yards gives you the best chance to win - or that it's in that player's best interest to even be allowed to play?

I coached youth football and more than once had to save a kid from himself. They'll play with concussions, ligament damage and microfractures if you let them. And that's just 12-14 year olds. Can you blame possibly the most physical franchise/MVP winning QB the league has ever seen for not wanting to admit defeat or weakness?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

And Ron sent him out there anyway.

waah waah waah....

All you sycophants, don't whine when Tepper brings in or drafts a legitimate QB to challenge Cam for the job.  

Can't have it both ways you buncha....

Edited by GeorgeHanson
  • Poo 1

11 hours ago, stankowalski said:

Of course Ron knew.  Everybody did.  But all we heard was how there was no structural damage and it was just general soreness.  I can't blame Ron for sending him out there.  If Cam wanted to play and the doctors were saying there was no structural damage what was Ron supposed to do?  If we'd have had a viable backup then maybe I could see sending them in but I'm sorry Heinicke and/or Allen weren't viable backups.  IMO this is where Hurney effed up by not having someone capable of running the offense (with some degree of productivity) were Cam to get injured.  Maybe that's on Turner too because he seems to have been the one that wanted to bring Heinicke in.

when your qb cant throw the ball more than 10-20 yards thats not "general soreness".  I CAN blame ron for sending him back onto the field, at that point he needs to sit and either get surgery or sit and let it heal.  You sure as hell dont just keep sending him out there to be ineffective at best and injure it further at worst.  It doesnt matter who your backup is at that point, all that matters is your starting qb is no longer viable.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

same people making excuses for Rivera and Co by saying that Cam should have told them his shoulder wasn't right at 6-2 are the very same who would crucify him for giving up on the team or being selfish if he did just that

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, pantherphan96 said:

same people making excuses for Rivera and Co by saying that Cam should have told them his shoulder wasn't right at 6-2 are the very same who would crucify him for giving up on the team or being selfish if he did just that

Those same people need to ask themselves: if Luke had been given the choice to get back on the field and continue to play after his concussions, would he have?

We all know the answer to that question is yes, he would have.  For the same reasons Cam continued to play.

That's why the medicos and coaches pulled him (in addition, of course, to the concussion protocol)... FOR THE SAKE OF HIS OWN HEALTH.

Yet, somehow, for some reason, Cam doesn't get that same "save him for the sake of his own health" respect from the coaches or from the people who would dishonestly answer the above question.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Those same people need to ask themselves: if Luke had been given the choice to get back on the field and continue to play after his concussions, would he have?

We all know the answer to that question is yes, he would have.  For the same reasons Cam continued to play.

That's why the medicos and coaches pulled him (in addition, of course, to the concussion protocol)... FOR THE SAKE OF HIS OWN HEALTH.

Yet, somehow, for some reason, Cam doesn't get that same "save him for the sake of his own health" respect from the coaches or from the people who would dishonestly answer the above question.

Hell, Ron pulled Luke out of that beat down from the Steelers and kept Cam in the game. All he cares about is the defense. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

21 hours ago, Yellow Mustard said:

when your qb cant throw the ball more than 10-20 yards thats not "general soreness".  I CAN blame ron for sending him back onto the field, at that point he needs to sit and either get surgery or sit and let it heal.  You sure as hell dont just keep sending him out there to be ineffective at best and injure it further at worst.  It doesnt matter who your backup is at that point, all that matters is your starting qb is no longer viable.

The head ball coach does not make the medical decisions....

....no fan of Rowboat here, but, stop placing unfair blame on him --- you are wrong to do so.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Hell, Ron pulled Luke out of that beat down from the Steelers and kept Cam in the game. All he cares about is the defense. 

Its become really obvious over the years.  Ron "I would have taken a shot too" Rivera hasn't even bothered to hide it.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

The head ball coach does not make the medical decisions....

....no fan of Rowboat here, but, stop placing unfair blame on him --- you are wrong to do so.

No but it is his decision on who the starting QB is.  When your QB cant throw more than 20 yards hes not going to win you games as we all saw...

Im not wrong to think the head coach should bench a QB who is unable to throw a 30 yard pass...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 2/7/2019 at 2:31 PM, Daddy_Uncle said:

Fix the oline issues and I have a serious feeling that next year will be Cam's best. He's seems determined to prove everyone wrong and to hush the doubters. If Olsen can give us a full season that would be a huge help. I hope whatever they did will put an end to should issues and Cam can start throwing like Cam again

Cam won’t be 100% next season. I told y’all that last off season too.  Shoulders don’t recover that quickly from being cut.  

On 2/8/2019 at 10:56 PM, GeorgeHanson said:

waah waah waah....

All you sycophants, don't whine when Tepper brings in or drafts a legitimate QB to challenge Cam for the job.  

Oh my, they will bitch and moan and cry like babies when that happens.  Cam won’t be 100% for next season so we certainly need a decent QB to be brought in.   

• Beer 1

the only reason you tell people you cant throw the ball over 30 yards is because you expect it to be much different the next time who play them.

Where are the football experts here at the Huddle who declared that there was nothing wrong with Cams arm and that he was just trash and needed to be dumped?

On 2/8/2019 at 10:56 PM, GeorgeHanson said:

waah waah waah....

I think it's always a good idea to have competition - at every position. But not if that competition prevents you from acquiring starters at positions of current need. If the team addresses the o-line, free safety, and pass rush issues - then go all out with what's left for another QB. 

Any legitimate QB free agent will likely be more expensive than Cam - at least $20 mil a year. Any legitimate QB drafted will require a 1st or 2nd round pick. These would be starters in other positions, not backup/competition. 

• Beer 1