Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncfan

Mitch Kupchak post deadline presser

This is exactly what the fans want to hear "we were really close to deals..." 

Which makes me believe we weren't in fact close to any deals. 

Tbh the only person we were linked to that I wanted was Beal and we weren't stealing him from the wizards. Maybe this summer they will blow it up 

56 minutes ago, ncfan said:

sounds like "the answer is on the roster" or "a punt isn't a bad play"

No point in resigning Kemba if you aren't going to put a team around him. Better off letting him go to a contender and blowing us completely up for the next few years

This whole trade dead line went well IMO.  We couldn’t off load Biz or Batum so we stand pat for now.  We just could not give up the future (which IMO is bright) to off load contracts from the previous GM.  I think Kup did his best.  He isn’t a dummy so we just need patience.

BTW: the team around Kemba is in the playoffs this year at the moment.  Anyone shooting for Golden State level needs to take their Zoloft.

Jeez it’s like NBA champs or you suck around here.  There is an in between here...certainly for now.

That whole Gasol thing was as much about offloading Biz as anything else.  But unprotected first rounder...that is a stretch when you want MKG as well.  Totally bet they wanted the draft after nexts pick too.  Fug that.

the more time goes by the better i am with not doing anything - IF - we are able to do something in the summer..

Marvin's and Biz's contract become assets next year.. same with MKG's after he opts in - which he most certainly will..

but for right now - i am angry and pissed.. years upon years upon years we have been waiting.. reminds me of Panthers and Smith's prime years..

Main thing he said was around the league every team, or most every team was trying to dump lousy contracts 

I like what I see from Mitch in that he was NOT going to move monk or bridges, and that is what teams wanted from us to take our lousy contracts 

so we didn’t lose our #1 draft pick or either of our good young players

we would all have liked to see frank and bembo straight up for Beal, or batum for Barnes, or even mkg for gasol, but teams were just wanting way too much

we will have to pay Kemba to keep him, so buy outs are gonna happpen

id rather do nothing, than do something stupid

We're going nowhere for a long time.  For anyone thinking that Monk and/or Bridges are going to lead this team somewhere in the near future, you're kidding yourself.  Once Kemba is gone, this team is a bottom feeder at very best if we don't hit on some legitimate talent in the draft.  Good players are going to try and join a "super team" for pennies on the dollar, and we're going to have to hand out max contracts to the Nic Batum's of the league.  It's not pretty.

Truth is, we're kinda screwed whether Kemba leaves or stays. If he leaves, there's not enough talent on this roster to win 20 games.

If we sign him to a max deal (or close to it), we're not gonna have enough money to put a decent team around him until all of these terrible contracts expire.

Kupchak has a large hole to dig out of, and it will take a while.

I never wanted them to give up Any of Monk, Bridges, Or a 1st in this trade deadline.

I just wish we couldve offloaded something.

Either traded someone a 2nd straight up for Biz, similar to us doing it with a player from the Hawks a few seasons back

Or Frank and even package Lamb for a 2nd then go after a Ellington to sign

But for this fan bases sake.  We better hope like heck Kemba stays.  I think next year wont be much better than this.  But 2 years from now when start to take some of the Cho Shackles off with some of these bad contracts, we could be something

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

I never wanted them to give up Any of Monk, Bridges, Or a 1st in this trade deadline.

I just wish we couldve offloaded something.

Either traded someone a 2nd straight up for Biz, similar to us doing it with a player from the Hawks a few seasons back

Or Frank and even package Lamb for a 2nd then go after a Ellington to sign

But for this fan bases sake.  We better hope like heck Kemba stays.  I think next year wont be much better than this.  But 2 years from now when start to take some of the Cho Shackles off with some of these bad contracts, we could be something

I agree on Frank...he kinda lost here as he won’t see much playing time.  He doesn’t fit us all that well but still a decent player.  Feel kinda bad for Frank.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    pennywise

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Youngest kid in the draft dripping with potential. Probably the highest ceiling in this draft.  We need to swing for that.    
    • wow, how did the former acting Secretary of Defense make it past the vetting for the deputy gig?  his 17 year old kid beat his wife to a bloody pulp and unconscious w/ a baseball bat and writes a letter that it was self defense because she had been bugging him.   And he had a his own domestic accusation.   I guess those Boeing dollars go a long way...
    • Lol. Cam stepped up, not the WRs. Ginn had a 45% catch rate, worst of his career when he had more than 12 receptions. How many times did he drop wide open TDs? His tipped INT in the Super Bowl hurt. Cotchery was pretty clutch until he dropped the biggest catch of his career in the Super Bowl. Yes, I know it was a catch but he had no reason to let it go to a Denver fan for review. Funchess, well all know know about him. Only Philly played well in the SB until that thug Talib tried to rip his head off. As much as KB is hated now, having him in 2015 and especially in the SB changes that game. We needed our best WR (at that time) in that game. Having Moore and Samuel step up and be special makes Cam even better. Cam was amazing in 2015, his WRs didn’t make him better.