Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSpecialJuan

David Newton *PREDICTION*: Matt Kalil will be released

Left tackle Matt Kalilwill be released.

With a post-June 1 designation, the Panthers will clear just shy of $7.3 million from the salary cap for a player who missed all of last season with a knee injury and was just average in 2017. The Panthers have many needs they could fill using that cap space. They also have the option of moving right tackle Taylor Motonto the left side and re-signing free agent Daryl Williams, who was the starting right tackle in 2017 before injuries ended his 2018 season. Kalil's five-year, $55.5 million deal was a mistake from the beginning. -- David Newton

Praise the football gods if this happens

Should note in your title this is only a prediction

Yes, this would be nice.  But take everything David Newton says with as much salt as possible.  He is one of the worst beat writers I've ever seen.  Can't speak to other team's writers, but ours is beyond awful

I've been saying this for a long time now.

Other people that this could apply to include Captain Munnerlyn or Greg Olsen, either with the designation or straight up cut after June 1st.

i thought this was obvious after he wasnt reactivated when he should be healthy.  couldnt risk injury bc we were releasing him

I remember when we signed him and someone from the Huddle did a recap of his history with the Viking and if it was any good in him. He was like it was all bad....

looks like it really was all bad