Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

micnificent28

Mcshay’s new mock.

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

He is a pretty dam good athlete as well.  Just the others on the DL are flat Freaks.  It wouldn't suprise me to put up similar combine numbers to Bradley Chubb.

He isn’t like terrible as far as being an athlete but in a group full of freaks why would you not want one?

Ed Oliver is still there for the taking.. Its like getting Arron Donald's.. And there is a strong 2nd and 3rd teir of edge rushers in the 2nd and 3rd round..

3 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

He isn’t like terrible as far as being an athlete but in a group full of freaks why would you not want one?

Jist brcause your a "freak" athlete doesnt mean your automatically going to be a Stud.  

43 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

He’s the hall of there defensive line, Lawrence and Wilkins were better football players than him. They garnered more attention and will probably go higher in the draft than him.

If you watched the Bama game, Ferrell got the better of that matchup with Jonah Williams and that was with Lawrence suspended.

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Ferrell has probably the best technique of any of the Clemson DL. He just isn't a high level athlete.

I am not seeing a compelling case for him being the weak link in that DL.

He isn’t not a weak link... he’s just a high effort guy with technique. How’s far you can get vs guys that have that plus are top end athletes is why I don’t care for him. Technique can be taught, athleticism can’t. You can know what u know as much as you want(Everette Brown) but if you don’t have a dominate trait strength speed or the whole package what’s it worth in the first round?

12 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Jist brcause your a "freak" athlete doesnt mean your automatically going to be a Stud.  

Yeah but that’s like saying just because you have technique u can win against anyone. For my money your swinging in the dark either way. So at that point which is easier to teach, how to swim and rip or run a 4.5-4.6 and throw up 34 reps?

31 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Also...why are you using Todd McShay's top 10 as the basis for an argument at all? He is just some asshole with an opinion and a platform.

That's not very nice, sir 

33 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Also...why are you using Todd McShay's top 10 as the basis for an argument at all? He is just some asshole with an opinion and a platform.

He’s a A hole with a whole scouting department(scouts inc) who does this for a living under him. He’s been at it for years  and seems to hit more than miss in my opinion. So would you rather I listen to that or you?

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You don't have to be a freak athlete to be a great NFL player and plenty of freak athletes have been busts.

I think that goes both ways...how many tech guys fail? how many average guys like myself fail because we simply dont have the athletic ability to dominate or compete. It's easier to do it with those gifts than without. So if im swinging on Julius Peppers in his prime or say....Wes Horton...i'm going with the guy with the freak talent. I know that wasn't a fair comparison but it's hard to name just high effort guys that make it.

13 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Aren’t we all?  Some folks just have bigger platforms.   

Good point!

Don’t really know other teams needs but I’m hoping more than one qb goes before we pick. Gives us better odds of getting who we want.

16 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

For curiosity I went back one time and checked past results of the Scout's Inc ranking, which is what McShay is part of and what I found is they are actually extremely accurate predicting who the top players are.

That is different then predicting each player to each team, which actually is unrealistic to predict because even the teams don't know for sure until they know what the team in front of them does.

For example they might have 19 players with grades of 90 or higher.  What I found looking at past results were of those 19 players usually 17-18 would go in the first 20 picks, and the players that didn't were often because of off the field issues.  Of course some year were a little worse, others a little better but overall they were really good at identifying the top players.

I would think at the top of the draft most teams are very similar in who they have at the top of their board.  People need to realize need does factor in also.  Lets say the the 3rd DE doesn't get drafted at 9, maybe he drops 5 spots to the next team who really wants a DE or that he fits their type of defense.

We aren't just going to go to the next DE on the list when it comes to our time to draft.

Maybe our board will look something like:

DE3

CB1

DE4

OT2

DT3

CB2

DE4

Try like heck to trade down

They will have a pretty good idea that DE1 (Bosa) will be gone or DT1(Williams).

I would guess once draft night comes around they will have a very good idea of who will be there and what small group (3-5) players they are going to consider.

Its still early in the process but I'm thinking:

Sweat

Ferrel

Polite

Greedy

Baker

Williams

Taylor

Ford

Wilkins

Oliver

Some of these guys will definitely go earlier but you have to consider them.

Either Wilkins or Oliver could be the 3rd DT off of the board and I could see the 3rd DT lasting to 16.  Same with the Williams(OT).  I expectant him to go first but maybe someone falls in love with a different OT and he falls.

Also the combine will cause a little bit of movement and closer to the draft that list of 10 will get smaller.  Free agency will trim it down also.

10 hours ago, Pi = 3.1SHutYoMouth! said:

Why did this secretly become another Rashan Gary thread again when it should be about Clelin Ferrell?

because he's not in the same ball park as Gary...