Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sub Zero

Shane Ray??

3 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Boston getting more than Reid??? Wowwww

That was a joke. Someone posted that we should pay Boston 4 years at $9m pet season. Lol. Someone else had us signing 3 safeties (including Reid and Mathieu) at $28m pet season.

I hope we draft a true FS and get Reid resigned. Based on this post I would want an experienced FA DE (maybe not Ray unless the price was right) as it takes a year or so to have an impact on the D-line. I would take a Dee Ford as our 1 big FA signing. Only a top 10 pick has better odds of contributing and making a real impact. Picking the 4th or 5th best might not give us a guy who will make a big difference in 2019.

Instead of shopping for players that did well and priced out of their contracts with current teams, we need to find players with  the skill set we need who was maybe a bad fit.  That does not really work with OL much, but for something like a S or a LB, the system plays a role.

10 hours ago, musicman said:

I hope we draft a true FS and get Reid resigned. Based on this post I would want an experienced FA DE (maybe not Ray unless the price was right) as it takes a year or so to have an impact on the D-line. I would take a Dee Ford as our 1 big FA signing. Only a top 10 pick has better odds of contributing and making a real impact. Picking the 4th or 5th best might not give us a guy who will make a big difference in 2019.

Why do I get the feeling that Reid is going to be a headache to re-sign?  

his name sounds like it could be a murderer's name. hard pass.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

What's he worth? 7 mil a year for 2 or 3 years. I think he'll give us a break because we gave him one. If not, maybe Earl Thomas for 8 mil a year for 2 or 3 years. We need someone with great experience. 

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

He shouldn't be based on last year's safety free agent market. There wasn't much of one.

8 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Instead of shopping for players that did well and priced out of their contracts with current teams, we need to find players with  the skill set we need who was maybe a bad fit.  That does not really work with OL much, but for something like a S or a LB, the system plays a role.

Are we willing to make that gamble that it was just the location and not ability?  

I can see it now.  Huddle blowing up because a guy we paid 6-8 Mil and he still sucks. 

11 hours ago, musicman said:

What's he worth? 7 mil a year for 2 or 3 years. I think he'll give us a break because we gave him one. If not, maybe Earl Thomas for 8 mil a year for 2 or 3 years. We need someone with great experience. 

Mathieu got a 1 year 7m deal. I don’t know why people keep thinking that the safety market is something that supports Reid getting 7-8m per year and Boston getting a 4 year (lol at $9m per) when neither of them got much of anything last year and there are just as many safeties available this year.

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He shouldn't be based on last year's safety free agent market. There wasn't much of one.

Yep. He’s not going to do better than the top FA S last year, especially since there are many (probably most) teams that won’t even say hello to him. 

On 2/10/2019 at 10:57 PM, musicman said:

Good call.

On 2/9/2019 at 10:58 AM, 4Corners said:

We already have a first round DL bust on our team - Butler. If Ray gets 8 million per from a team it better not be the Panthers!

Some might say we have 2.