Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bull123

28 games left

15 hours ago, Thelt said:

This one was ugly.  It is getting close to time to pull the plug on the season and let all the young guys play, like we did at the end of last season.  I am sure this will hurt our chance at keeping Kemba.

If Kemba is not retained what will your reaction be? 

Assuming Kemba leaves, in your opinion, what kind of statement does that make about (a) the owner, and (b) the GM...?

Please be specific about both.

On 2/9/2019 at 12:20 PM, bull123 said:

We have 26 wins (26-28)...28 games left

how many can we win?

16-12 gets us to 42-40

possible?

If we finish this one tonight we will be 13-14 since I started this thread

That west coast trip hurt us, the Lakers game in particular 

looks like 14-14 will get us in the playoffs 

On 4/9/2019 at 8:51 PM, bull123 said:

If we finish this one tonight we will be 13-14 since I started this thread

That west coast trip hurt us, the Lakers game in particular 

looks like 14-14 will get us in the playoffs 

Well....we end up 13-15 over last 28....and Clifford takes his new team to the playoffs 

Man...  no doubt this roster is a bit short on talent, but in hindsight, had we not dropped games to horrible teams like the Bulls and Cavs earlier in the season, we get in the playoffs easy.

While I have hope in our young guys and what we saw to end the year, the fact that this team still drops gimmes like those and forces themselves to have to fight uphill at the end is awfully troubling...  especially considering we changed coaches and they're still doing the same stuff.

On 4/10/2019 at 10:56 PM, Proudiddy said:

especially considering we changed coaches and they're still doing the same stuff.

I disagree. Our player development has looked a lot better this year. The impact we got out of Bridges, Bacon, Graham, and Monk to the end of the season was phenomenal. JB actually made adjustments. 

Look at Cliff's Magic now. In the playoffs, yet through the play of veterans having career years and running offense through an old school center. Sound familiar? 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    49Marvin

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I'm in no way trying to present the teams they've played and liken them to a murderers row of opponents.   However....they didn't just beat them. 1) Bucs: Niners beat them by 2 scores despite having THREE TDs called back on dubious at best calls. Despite that, this was Jimmys worst game as it was his first back from the ACL. He was a bit scattershot all day. Bosa also CLEARLY hampered by preseason ankle injury and STILL had a pretty big impact. 2) Bengals: Beat the brakes off the Bengals. 41-17 and wasn't that close. Out-gained them 571-316 despite shutting it down in 4th quarter and allowing lost pass play on backups with under a minute to play. 3) Steelers: Turned the ball over FIVE TIMES, three times completely unforced and three times inside the Steeler 15. Still won by 4. Outgained the Steelers 436-239....and that's only because of two long pass plays by the Steelers, one on Jason Verrett....who clearly isn't ready to be back. They pulled him after the TD.   They then had their bye and got Jimmie Ward back at FS and Nick Bosa back to nearly full health.   4) Browns: 31-3. Out-gained the Browns 446-180. Allowed a net 78 pass yards. Bosa had himself a game. 5) Rams: The first "ok now it counts" game. Playing without their tackles or Pro Bowl FB. 20-7. Held Goff to 48 yards net passing after he'd had 517 and 395 the two previous weeks.  6) Redkins: 9-0. I mean...in reality...I pretty much throw all the stats out the window on that one in what was an embarrassing display of groundskeeping in the nations capitol. I'm just glad nobody was hurt.   I am not deaf to the comment that they haven't played as hard a schedule. I am gonna argue tho that they have dominated the teams they were supposed to dominate even with guys out of the lineup.
    • I doubt they even trade them to us currently if interested. Hopefully someone comes and take both players to the afc 
    • Why would they move on from Jameis, when they hired Bruce Arians and coaching staff to fix him Do you thnk they will move from the coaching staff too.
  • Masters of PIE !