• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

UNCrules2187

Panthers sign Eric Reid to 3-year contract

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope he bounces back and can contribute. If he can't, then we basically only have two NFL caliber CBs on the roster. I'll need to check my math on this, but off the top of my head, I'm thinking that ain't good.

idk. let me know thats very complicated math

He is paid better than Lamarcus Joyner, Harrison Smith, Earl Thomas, and Malcolm Jenkins. This signing is pretty mediocre, especially since Reid had zero leverage. 

1 hour ago, Verge said:

He is paid better than Lamarcus Joyner, Harrison Smith, Earl Thomas, and Malcolm Jenkins. This signing is pretty mediocre, especially since Reid had zero leverage. 

No, every one of those guys has a higher average yearly salary on their current or most recent contract.

Only Joyner has/had a smaller total contract because it was a 1 year deal.

Joyner and Thomas will be free agents. 

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, JoePanther said:

could have signed Earl Thomas.

Just waiting to see his numbers before rage.

Maybe he was overpaid a bit, but we have to consider that him signing this early in the offseason allows us flexibility to see where we stand, before the draft and for other FA signings.    Maybe that little bit of overpay was worth that.    I still think it's not a bad contract, and if he was average with no off-season and playing out of position then he should be just fine with those things corrected.     The entire defense was weak last year.    Even Luke looked average before Rivera took over the defense to be fair.   

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1