Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

UNCrules2187

Panthers sign Eric Reid to 3-year contract

I hope there are plans to bring in a safety who can cover because Reid was good playing in the box, stopping the run, etc but he looked slow in coverage and seamed out of position and got beat a bunch of some big plays.  We still need a safety who can cover the top and help out way better on the deep throws.  

• Pie 2
  • Pumpkin Spice Latte 1

Well, PFF says we signed an average to below average safety (#55) to the 10th most expensive safety contract.

Hurney gonna Hurney.

• Pie 5
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I can, and I did because that’s my opinion. It is great for reasons other than money, in addition to the fact that we have finally locked down a young talented safety in his prime who has already produced compared to someone such as Matt Kalil. I am tired of 30 year old + one year FA signings at safety. You can’t rain on my parade. 

616746E4-DF15-4110-BB58-609C3893A9F4.jpeg

497E8DD3-E6EF-4745-8010-1FE541B65182.jpeg

D7B807BF-4D18-4D3C-BF0E-60047F05D5D9.jpeg

8B34F802-BAD0-4A9E-A242-818A5386BBDC.jpeg

E8394AB9-1528-4CDF-AFBA-B7E5ABFCEA6C.jpeg

good locker room guy too

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, based on last year's safety free agency, we overpaid. Considerably.

I would have thought if we over paid at the safety position..considerably..it would at least push him into the top 10 safety cap hits.  We are like 2 years out from safeties getting 10-12m a year in free agency.

WE HAVE A SAFETY

YAS

Let's get Daryl Williams to sign on the dotted line next!

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, grateflday said:

I hope there are plans to bring in a safety who can cover because Reid was good playing in the box, stopping the run, etc but he looked slow in coverage and seamed out of position and got beat a bunch of some big plays.  We still need a safety who can cover the top and help out way better on the deep throws.  

Our safeties were absolutely god awful last year and they were NEVER in the picture when our DBs were getting beat over the top.  Adams was too slow and Reid was always out of position.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Riv said:

Well, PFF says we signed an average to below average safety (#55) to the 10th most expensive safety contract.

Hurney gonna Hurney.

I keep forgetting.  Is PFF the devil incarnate that gets everything wrong, or PFF is the word of God and gets everything right?

Flips back and forth so often here I can't keep up.

• Pie 7

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You do realize that he is the reason why the market tanked last year right? 

• Pie 1
  • Pumpkin Spice Latte 1

Hell yeah! I can see the league already scheduling 20 more "random" drug tests next season but wont find poo.

• Pie 2

Just now, WarPanthers89 said:

You do realize that he is the reason why the market tanked last year right? 

lol... right.

• Poo 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Per OTC, total value is in the general range of guys like Jahleel Addae, TJ McDonald and Eric Weddle 

Yearly average puts him above Darian Stewart, Tashaun Gipson and Tyrann Matthieu.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I keep forgetting.  Is PFF the devil incarnate that gets everything wrong, or PFF is the word of God and gets everything right?

Flips back and forth so often here I can't keep up.

Well, there is the eye test, too, and he also wasn't very good based on that.

14 minutes ago, Riv said:

Hurney gonna Hurney.

fug PFF

• Pie 1