Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

AAF ratings are impressive.

Recommended Posts



Yeah pretty good for them but I don't think that'll last. Some of it with the first week was curiousity and seeing what it was all about. Will be interesting to see how they do from here on out. Certainly doesn't hurt having more football in the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news, but Dan Lebatard pointed out the xfl did the same thing on its opening night then quickly fell off. Of course, that wasn’t really football like this is, so if their ratings can keep up while broadcasting in CBSSports Network, they will be around for a while. America loves football, ppl will watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Lobo said:

Great news, but Dan Lebatard pointed out the xfl did the same thing on its opening night then quickly fell off. Of course, that wasn’t really football like this is, so if their ratings can keep up while broadcasting in CBSSports Network, they will be around for a while. America loves football, ppl will watch. 

I was about to mention that too.

Granted, these guys weren't the absolute sh-t show that the XFL was. I didn't have to spend any time listening to Jerry Lawler slobber over cheerleaders.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I was about to mention that too.

Granted, these guys weren't the absolute sh-t show that the XFL was. I didn't have to spend any time listening to Jerry Lawler slobber over cheerleaders.

True, what’s helping this is real football. XFL will see success too if they are going to be what they say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't bad football, except if you're in atlanta and they're used to losing at major sports.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was entertaining, and they give you a reason, automatically, to root for a team.  Gamecock players seemed to have gotten sent to the Orlando Apollos for example.  So even though there is not a SC/NC based team, by default there is a team that is slanted towards getting players I am interested in following and cheering for.  That alone was brilliant.  It creates a fanbase for the teams outside of people living in the specific cities or following a couple big name players.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be a great training ground for O-linemen, kickers and punters. Who knows, a QB might emerge from the ranks in time.

A season there for an UFA might be just enough on the resume to get a spot in an NFL training camp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stankowalski said:

I'd like to see the NFL adopt some of their rules.  

Not the kickoff ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Might be a great training ground for O-linemen, kickers and punters. Who knows, a QB might emerge from the ranks in time.

A season there for an UFA might be just enough on the resume to get a spot in an NFL training camp. 

I don't know about kickers...they eliminated the PA's and kickoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Not the kickoff ones.

Why not?  Kickoff's are a waste of time now.  They've changed the rules enough to almost effectively eliminate them anyway.  Plus now it's virtually impossible to recover an onside kick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stankowalski said:

Why not?  Kickoff's are a waste of time now.  They've changed the rules enough to almost effectively eliminate them anyway.  Plus now it's virtually impossible to recover an onside kick.

I'd rather they fix those rules than eliminate the kickoff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd rather they fix those rules than eliminate the kickoff.

But they're not because of concussions.  So get rid of them altogether, they really are a colossal waste of time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...