• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Proudiddy

Kap's Attorney Predicts Panthers or Patriots Will Sign Him

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Saw that. Geragos said it with the expectation that Newton would be out. We're a long way from knowing that.

Kaepernick was pretty mediocre outside of when Harbaugh tailored the system specifically to him. Could Turner do that? Don't know.

I know it's been years since he played and it's not simply a matter of being in shape.

Yeah, I definitely anticipate there being quite a bit of rust.  But, I still think it saves a draft pick and is a better option than a Heinicke or Allen, again, IF Cam is out.  I still think he'd be a valuable addition as a backup as well.

And without looking it up, I wanted to say he had another resurgence for a few weeks under Chip Kelly as well, but ended up getting injured, IIRC.  And I want to say I saw or heard an interview somewhere in which Kelly said he was a great QB, but again, had been dealing with injuries or something along those lines.  I'll see if I can find it.

• Pie 1

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, I definitely anticipate there being quite a bit of rust.  But, I still think it saves a draft pick and is a better option than a Heinicke or Allen, again, IF Cam is out.  I still think he'd be a valuable addition as a backup as well.

And without looking it up, I wanted to say he had another resurgence for a few weeks under Chip Kelly as well, but ended up getting injured, IIRC.  And I want to say I saw or heard an interview somewhere in which Kelly said he was a great QB, but again, had been dealing with injuries or something along those lines.  I'll see if I can find it.

Do we really have the cap space to have him as a backup though?

I wouldn't bet on him coming cheap.

• Pie 3

There is no indication that Kap would take a one year prove it deal. He damn sure isnt sniffing a market value QB deal with the plethora of reasons against him. Time since last playing in a meaningful game, how he played when he actually was playing, the massive distraction headache and a long list of ect.s. Hell, could he even pass a physical is a ligitamit question. He would be lucky to get a $5 million one year prove it deal.

Edited by Waldo

I have been a supporter of this move for a while. Now im having 2nd thoughts, just because if Cam is struggling the media will be pushing for Kaep to start. I would only make this signing if Cam is out until the 2nd half of the season. At least it would give Kaep the opportunity to start, if he struggles we got a healthy Cam ready to go for the 2nd half of the season.

If Kaep goes anywhere he should go to Baltimore. That is the perfect situation for him. He could be a starter and mentor Jackson until he develops as a passer.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1
  • 28-3 1

For vet min maybe but I heard he won’t accept less than $20M...

• Beer 3
  • Poo 2

48 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Interesting, and I think he's a perfect stand-in if Cam isn't ready to start the season.  Would love to see him get his career back here, and reunite with EReid.

Gonna be a lot of angry people in red hats, lol...

Please ban this person for obviously trying to start a racist argument.

red hat != racist

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 9

Id rather see what Kyle Allen has got. Possible long term backup QB who is young as opposed to one that is 31 and been out of football for a while. 

• Pie 9

15 minutes ago, t96 said:

Exactly. 1-year deal to backup Cam would make a lot of sense for US, but possibly not for Kap

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, t96 said:

I've got a feeling that price tag was due to two factors that would no longer apply:

1) He was asking for more from the AAF because his goal is to be in the NFL.  He wouldn't have asked for 20M from an NFL team.

2) His collusion case against the NFL was still pending.  It's now settled.  Money is even less of a factor.