Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncfan

NFL Combine Thread

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Exactly. So throw. I want to see some competitive fire. Especially put of my QB. Especially when he has a very legit fallback plan with baseball.

Yeah but your argument has the counter basically in it. If there is no benefit, why participate? I just disagree that someone participating or not participating makes them a bitch. It is voluntary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I know everyone wants to compare Ed Oliver to Aaron Donald but I just don't see it other than both being  undersized athletic DTs. Donald had 29.5 sacks whole playing in P5 conferences (Big East and ACC) Oliver had 13 playing in the American Conference.

That's what I keep reading about Oliver.  His pass rush is no where near as good as Donalds, but then you read he might really show with the testing.

Of the players in the top 15 I could see him having the biggest variance on where teams grade him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

That's what I keep reading about Oliver.  His pass rush is no where near as good as Donalds, but then you read he might really show with the testing.

Of the players in the top 15 I could see him having the biggest variance on where teams grade him.

He is a pass rush specialist. Probably a guy you can move around, as well. They say athletically he might test off the charts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

He is a pass rush specialist. Probably a guy you can move around, as well. They say athletically he might test off the charts.

pass rush specialist?  how many sacks did he have in college

I'm not saying he won't turn out good, but from what I understand he doesn't have the pass rush production you would expect in college.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

pass rush specialist?  how many sacks did he have in college

I'm not saying he won't turn out good, but from what I understand he doesn't have the pass rush production you would expect in college.

  

I would probably look at the QB pressures and you will see that he generated quite a few of those for a DT. A lot will depend on how they use him at the next level. He is going to have a hard time just flat out beating NFL interior linemen like he did in college. It will be interesting to see. He might do well in a 3-4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those wisconsin Olinemen are fugin huge . And that center from penn state is way bigger than i thought too. 

Im really hoping we get two really solid Oline in this draft within the first 4 rounds, preferable at least one in the first two rounds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

pass rush specialist?  how many sacks did he have in college

I'm not saying he won't turn out good, but from what I understand he doesn't have the pass rush production you would expect in college.

 

To be fair. Donald had 29.5 sacks in 4 years and 52 games. Oliver only played 3 years and 32 games and had 13.5. Not nearly as prolific, but not nearly as bad as just sack numbers. Comparing just the first 3 years:

Donald 39 games 18.5 sacks

Oliver 32 games 13.5 sacks (16.5 prorated to 39 games)

Donald was better and bigger and clearly a beast but stats without reference look like Donald had more than double the sack rate and that’s not the case. That said I don’t think Oliver is Donald. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

They say athletically he might test off the charts.

The famous last words right before draft bust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The famous last words right before draft bust.

True, true. He does have some impressive video out there showing off his athleticism. And he was a very productive college player. 

All that said...not sure I would want the Panthers to take him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

True, true. He does have some impressive video out there showing off his athleticism. And he was a very productive college player. 

All that said...not sure I would want the Panthers to take him.

I definitely think he's boom or bust. He'll be great or he might not even see a second contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Ole Miss OT Greg Little

Height: 6-5 2/8
Weight: 310
Hand: 10 2/8
Arm: 35 2/8
Wingspan: 85

Massive. 

Interesting how the Elon kid  Oli Udoh matches his size.  He is even a touch heavier.  I can see him going much higher than originally anticipated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...