Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncfan

NFL Combine Thread

Just now, ncfan said:

Gary will be gone top 5.

No doubt. Starting to think like @LinvilleGorge, Wilkins or Lawrence might be the guys at 16. For 3-4, I’d dump Poe and use his cap and take Lawrence. 6’4 340, 5.05 (1.77 or 1.76 10 yard) and 36 bench reps. That’s a freaking disruptive NT. 

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

No doubt. Starting to think like @LinvilleGorge, Wilkins or Lawrence might be the guys at 16. For 3-4, I’d dump Poe and use his cap and take Lawrence. 6’4 340, 5.05 (1.77 or 1.76 10 yard) and 36 bench reps. That’s a freaking disruptive NT. 

Wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Looks like Montez will go way before 16 by this point. The edge rushers that likely will fall to us are Gary, Polite, Burns, and Ferrell. 

Gary to me is such a boom bust prospect. He’s showing up as expected but I’m just so weary of guys who don’t produce. His teammate is a guy I wouldn’t mind taking later and he’s shown athleticism with good production and effort on tape.

Burns while bigger than expected in weight has a very small lower body. 

Jachai is not impressing right now. Is he just a one year wonder? Runors of character doesn’t help.

Ferrell is my guy right now if he falls. Doing well in the drills. I’d like to see if he does the other athletic testing. That has been his biggest question mark.

1 minute ago, Pi = 3.1SHutYoMouth! said:

Looks like Montez will go way before 16 by this point. The edge rushers that likely will fall to us are Gary, Polite, Burns, and Ferrell. 

Gary to me is such a boom bust prospect. He’s showing up as expected but I’m just so weary of guys who don’t produce. His teammate is a guy I wouldn’t mind taking later and he’s shown athleticism with good production and effort on tape.

Burns while bigger than expected in weight has a very small lower body. 

Jachai is not impressing right now. Is he just a one year wonder? Runors of character doesn’t help.

Ferrell is my guy right now if he falls. Doing well in the drills. I’d like to see if he does the other athletic testing. That has been his biggest question mark.

I haven’t seen Ferrell yet. How’s he doing? I assume he’s with Oliver and another group. I saw that Lawrence pulled something on his first run so he’s not doing more drills, but I haven’t seen anything with Wilkins, Oliver or Ferrell outside of bench and Wilkins running. 

I still think Ferrell could go to the Lions over Sweat

Dude has looked fluid

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Dude has looked fluid

I would take either at #16 in a heartbeat. They've been my top two for a long time. Wilkins is my backup plan.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would take either at #16 in a heartbeat. They've been my top two for a long time. Wilkins is my backup plan.

Have we met with Ferrell?

Yeah fa is going to be huge this year, this is the draft to remold the d line with, if kk can return to form and we add a key de in fa, we could bust this division wide open with one or two add linemen from this draft  

17 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

At 16 I dont think we have to worry about either one. If Ferell is gone, I'm not opposed to trading back.

Ok.  I’m not a Clemson fan but I would love Ferrell at 16 and Lawrence at 47.  

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Have we met with Ferrell?

He said yesterday that we had not. Not sure what to make of that. We may just be planning to wait until his Pro Day. Or we may see him as a pure 4-3 DE and there may be more to this 3-4 stuff than just talk.

7 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Dude has looked fluid

I have seen that the Lions had met with Sweat 4 or 5 times in various places before the combine. I think this cemented it. I'd be happy with Sweat or Ferrell but I think just like Metcalf, the combine deeped the love.

2 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Yeah fa is going to be huge this year, this is the draft to remold the d line with, if kk can return to form and we add a key de in fa, we could bust this division wide open with one or two add linemen from this draft  

I'd love to sign a guy like Preston Smith and then still go DL/edge at #16. Then take another one with one of our other three picks in the first three rounds. Christmas out of FSU is a guy who's getting overlooked if we want to add a 3-4 NT type in the mid-late rounds. Don't let the size fool you. Dude's a tank.

Brian Burns has an amazing interception in a drill. Might not be a bad option at 3-4 OLB if we are truly going that way. 

5 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

I have seen that the Lions had met with Sweat 4 or 5 times in various places before the combine. I think this cemented it. I'd be happy with Sweat or Ferrell but I think just like Metcalf, the combine deeped the love.

The Lions have made it so obvious that they may be in danger of getting leapfrogged.