Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncfan

NFL Combine Thread

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd love to sign a guy like Preston Smith and then still go DL/edge at #16. Then take another one with one of our other three picks in the first three rounds. Christmas out of FSU is a guy who's getting overlooked if we want to add a 3-4 NT type in the mid-late rounds. Don't let the size fool you. Dude's a tank.

I also like Gaines from Washington as a later round. 3-4 NT. 

4 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Burns flipping his hips in coverage is outstanding!!!!

I’m warming up to him as well, especially if we do move to 3-4. Like Gary, he’s been fluid and smoother than Sweat and almost as fast. Ferrell looked good too. Loved his Deion impression after he caught a ball.

Lots of DL that have impressed me post 1st rounders. Winovoch, Omenihu, Banogu, Granderson among others. Zach Allen has gotten better in the interception drills.

Just now, Black&BlueBubba said:

The Geri Green guy from Mississippi State is also performing nicely. Don’t know him at all. 

Very good player overshadowed by teammates. 3rd or 4th rounder at DE/OLB

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Brian Burns has an amazing interception in a drill. Might not be a bad option at 3-4 OLB if we are truly going that way. 

He aint getting past GreenBay

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

He aint getting past GreenBay

Damn. He’s really impressed me in the drills. Again, if we are truly moving to 3-4, he’s definitely an option. 

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Eisen was wrong, his first foot was already down when he had the ball. He got both feet down. He had another really nice snag later as well. Looks solid catching the ball. I could see with his speed and fluidity that he’d be good in coverage as well.

Only 1 RB ran a faster 40 than Sweat

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd love to sign a guy like Preston Smith and then still go DL/edge at #16. Then take another one with one of our other three picks in the first three rounds. Christmas out of FSU is a guy who's getting overlooked if we want to add a 3-4 NT type in the mid-late rounds. Don't let the size fool you. Dude's a tank.

Smith or Flowers would be a very nice pick up pre draft. Edge /dt 16, possibility of devin smith also if we decide to love on from Shaq and allocate the money somewhere else, depending on prospects available in the 2nd I’d consider another de even if we picked one in the 1st,if a top rated guy slid to us.

the 3-4 talk makes things even more interesting, but I’d have to see this staff make a serious commitment in the direction of implementing such change,before investing picks into it.