Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncfan

NFL Combine Thread

Recommended Posts

 

 

Dam, if we lost that Saints game and possibly sitting at 9.  We could've possibly got a Kings ransome for someone trading up for a QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


29 minutes ago, ncfan said:

 

 

Dam, if we lost that Saints game and possibly sitting at 9.  We could've possibly got a Kings ransome for someone trading up for a QB

That was such a damage win. We basically won the equivalent of a preseason game with neither team having anything to play for, except us in the form of draft position. We lost tons of draft capital by winning that glorified preseason game. Sean Payton probably laughed for days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I'm stunned. No way did I think he'd measure at 5'10". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I'm stunned. No way did I think he'd measure at 5'10". 

Fantastic for us, most definitely going earlier than our pick so at least 2 QBs should go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ncfan said:

 

I think without saying anything you summarized my thoughts on Brown. He’s tiny. Campbell and Samuel both seem like “small” WRs but they are huge compared to Brown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I think without saying anything you summarized my thoughts on Brown. He’s tiny. Campbell and Samuel both seem like “small” WRs but they are huge compared to Brown.

They are

Its not panthers related because the WR need is at the bottom of the list but I think Brown is going to be a STUD though.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That was such a damage win. We basically won the equivalent of a preseason game with neither team having anything to play for, except us in the form of draft position. We lost tons of draft capital by winning that glorified preseason game. Sean Payton probably laughed for days.

If you want to be more sad. The guy who’s singlehandedly lost us more games since 2016 than anyone else dropped us from 8 to 16. If Ganope doesn’t hit his miracle against the Giants we pass them in draft order as well. Lose to Saints we get to 9, lose to Giants and we get to 8. Lose both and we were 5. Lol. Our draft slot really was the worst case scenario. Only the Lions out of the 7 5-11 or 6-10 teams had a worse SOS. All of the other 7-9 teams had a worse SOS. Unreal how unlucky we truly were. Ganope can’t make a revenge kick against Denver or anything against Tampa or a 20 yarder in the playoffs but he can make a 63 yarder to lose us basically an early 2nd round pick in value and enough cap space to sign an impact DE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

If you want to be more sad. The guy who’s singlehandedly lost us more games since 2016 than anyone else dropped us from 8 to 16. If Ganope doesn’t hit his miracle against the Giants we pass them in draft order as well. Lose to Saints we get to 9, lose to Giants and we get to 8. Lose both and we were 5. Lol. Our draft slot really was the worst case scenario. Only the Lions out of the 7 5-11 or 6-10 teams had a worse SOS. All of the other 7-9 teams had a worse SOS. Unreal how unlucky we truly were. Ganope can’t make a revenge kick against Denver or anything against Tampa or a 20 yarder in the playoffs but he can make a 63 yarder to lose us basically an early 2nd round pick in value and enough cap space to sign an impact DE. 

I can't blame Gano for that one. Yeah, hes inconsistent as hell, but that kick was fuging AWESOME. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I can't blame Gano for that one. Yeah, hes inconsistent as hell, but that kick was fuging AWESOME. 

Yep, it was great but just like 6-2 was a mirage so was that kick. Made us forget for a moment who he really is like the guy who later missed an XP and FG (leading to missed 2 pointers) in a 1 point loss to Detroit or a missed FG in a 3 point loss to Seattle all for 4m+ per season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why people put such a big emphasis on the Underwear Olympics. It’s a show put on by the NFL to keep you interested in football. You want to know what a guy can/can’t do watch his tape. Unless of course you have questions about whether they will fit your scheme then i guess it’s important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Not sure why people put such a big emphasis on the Underwear Olympics. It’s a show put on by the NFL to keep you interested in football. You want to know what a guy can/can’t do watch his tape. Unless of course you have questions about whether they will fit your scheme then i guess it’s important.

I like it a lot. It can definitely tell you who’s a better athlete especially when deciding between a guy say who’s on Alabama and has tons of first round talent around him (tape can look better) and a guy who’s the one opposing teams key on because his team isn’t as good.

Also, not sure if you watch any but the drills are pretty good. After watching the TE drills, Thomas was someone I like a lot and Gesicki from PSU looked far more like an athlete than a TE. Gesicki went way earlier based on his measurements (he was a decent TE in college too), but I would never have taken him over Thomas. Maybe that tells you a lot about Miami’s FO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Not sure why people put such a big emphasis on the Underwear Olympics. It’s a show put on by the NFL to keep you interested in football. You want to know what a guy can/can’t do watch his tape. Unless of course you have questions about whether they will fit your scheme then i guess it’s important.

It's helps to answer a lot of questions. If you're questioning a RB's breakaway speed and he runs mid 4.6s well there ya go. He doesn't have breakaway speed. But if he runs 4.5 flat it sends you back to the film. Oh, that CB chasing him down just ran sub 4.4. That makes sense. He has breakaway speed, that other guy just has elite speed period. Stuff like that. Overall though, I think the Combine is most important for smaller school guys to see if their physical ability will translate against better competition and for the medical checks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...