Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Matthias

Reparations Roll Call: Sign up here!

2 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

pretty much everyone can see the lasting impact of slavery. the problem isn't that the right people aren't more understanding, the problem is that they do not care and in many cases outright endorse the generational suffering. civil rights have come as a compromise in the face of something more threatening and i don't see this playing out any differently. a collection of actors, staff writers for the atlantic and politicians don't apply pressure. they don't threaten white supremacy.

I agree.  If I could have invited witnesses for testimony yesterday, among them would have been survivors of the Tusla race riot.  I would have had historians and more economists. (My favorite being William Darity of Duke.  I also would have invited Edward Wolff, Tom Shapiro, and others)

1 minute ago, Matthias said:

I agree.  If I could have invited witnesses for testimony yesterday, among them would have been survivors of the Tusla race riot.  I would have had historians and more economists. (My favorite being William Darity of Duke.  I also would have invited Edward Wolff, Tom Shapiro, and others)

darity probably should have ran for president if for no other reason than to get on the debate stage. if electoralism is going to work here having a single issue advocate in the race who can collect delegates and leverage them at a brokered convention seems like the best hope.

• Pie 1

Just now, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

darity probably should have ran for president if for no other reason than to get on the debate stage. if electoralism is going to work here having a single issue advocate in the race who can collect delegates and leverage them at a brokered convention seems like the best hope.

I wouldn't have oppose it haha!  A statement from Darity was submitted into the record for yesterday's hearing.  I'll have to go back and read it.  Right now, only Marianne Williamson is outspoken to reparations.  I can't wait to see her on the debate stage.  I have a great feeling she will do more to put ADOS out there in terms of the conversations going on.

7 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Right now, only Marianne Williamson is outspoken to reparations

I see her as hurting the cause more then helping, so many things to write her off about including her recent anti-vax statements any push forward she could bring the reparations conversation will just be written of as wacky willamson at it again.

7 minutes ago, Matthias said:

I wouldn't have oppose it haha!  A statement from Darity was submitted into the record for yesterday's hearing.  I'll have to go back and read it.  Right now, only Marianne Williamson is outspoken to reparations.  I can't wait to see her on the debate stage.  I have a great feeling she will do more to put ADOS out there in terms of the conversations going on.

i am pro williamson getting on stage and making that her issue but she doesn't have the same cache as darity. she's got really questionable views outside of that that are probably going to get rolled together with reparations if they even let her speak on it at all. i believe her campaign is a net positive if she makes it a point to apply pressure to other candidates on live television. im just unsure if that's what's going to happen. i guess we'll find out next week

@Fryfan @GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER With Williamson, I'm looking at the black response to her reparations call.  If there is big increase in black support towards her issue there, the other candidates will take notice, and begin talking about that as well.  She may not be the absolute best to present reparations, but she understands enough to go toe to toe with others on it.  She has spoken with Darity many times, so she has a good background.  Right now I want the pressure surrounding reparations to increase.

Edited by Matthias
  • Pie 1

So is this the same Mitch McConnell that was so proud of our first elected black president and all the civil rights legislation that was passed in the 60s?

D9lYKAtXUAMl6zi.jpg

• Pie 2

you guys need to get off the democrat plantation and realize that conservatives are the real allies

ifFGfJo.png

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Jangler said:

Elizabeth wants Gay reparations. This should help Trump 2020.

Anytime she speaks she helps trump

would be great if she is nominee 

This won't happen they are only "pushing" this to further increase Trumps popularity. Cause and effect. Trump will win again due to the fear Trump supporters will have of reparations and other trivial issues. This is all part of the plan to get Trump reelected again.... Life goes on... 

1 hour ago, KaseKlosed said:

This won't happen they are only "pushing" this to further increase Trumps popularity. Cause and effect. Trump will win again due to the fear Trump supporters will have of reparations and other trivial issues. This is all part of the plan to get Trump reelected again.... Life goes on... 

I am over compromising what we are owed because of how he will some how affect Trump supporters. i am fighting for whats best for us and candidate that gets on board with that is getting my vote.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Jangler said:

Elizabeth wants Gay reparations. This should help Trump 2020.

Since when is modifying tax returns to married status "reparations"  Gawd you people are pushing fear of everything. 

1 minute ago, Fryfan said:

Since when is modifying tax returns to married status "reparations"  Gawd you people are pushing fear of everything. 

jangler isn't a pusher, he's a pushee. he's one who has been convinced to be fearful and was particularly susceptible to it because he has a lot of mental issues.