Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TheSpecialJuan

Panthers sign free agent Taylor Heinicke

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Whew.  Man.  I am glad we locked this guy in!  I'm sure all 31 other teams we're beating his door down demanding his services, so we definitely secured the bag here!

Adam Schefter reported earlier today there were 3 other teams interested in Taylor's services. Janitorial services that is. 

The only player in the league with HUTCH logo on his helmet because his entire uniform came in a box.

image.thumb.png.98bf20c243ed8bacfbe43c0d0af0e762.png

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Boy, a little joke sure did wad your panties quick. LOL!

Speaking of pot and kettle, sure seems like you're just bent on complaining about anything I post.

Have a nice day!

The difference is you haven’t stopped complaining for well over a week now. Like I’m just trying to read one consolidated thread about leaguewide FA signings but 13 pages out of the 20+ page thread is just you whining. Like we get it bro...you don’t like Torrey Smith for $5 million. How many times do you have to repeat that one singular sentiment in each thread? Why not just put it in your forum signature if you’re gonna repeat it in every single post? Are you just trying to pad your post count for some reason? Surely you have other thoughts in your head you would like to express. I could write up a computer program in 2 minutes that provides your same contribution to these boards. 

You’d think you would have learned some humility after looking stupid for all that foolish squabbling about Reid getting overpaid...despite the safety market not even being set. Clearly you don’t know a thing about the market. A mark of intelligence is being able to admit and acknowledge what you don’t know, not double down on your ignorant rhetoric.

14 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

The difference is you haven’t stopped complaining for well over a week now. Like I’m just trying to read one consolidated thread about leaguewide FA signings but 13 pages out of the 20+ page thread is just you whining. Like we get it bro...you don’t like Torrey Smith for $5 million. How many times do you have to repeat that one singular sentiment in each thread? Why not just put it in your forum signature if you’re gonna repeat it in every single post? Are you just trying to pad your post count for some reason? Surely you have other thoughts in your head you would like to express. I could write up a computer program in 2 minutes that provides your same contribution to these boards. 

You’d think you would have learned some humility after looking stupid for all that foolish squabbling about Reid getting overpaid...despite the safety market not even being set. Clearly you don’t know a thing about the market. A mark of intelligence is being able to admit and acknowledge what you don’t know, not double down on your ignorant rhetoric.

So sick of it you wrote a novel about it...

Honestly, my opinion on Reid hasn't changed that much. I still think we overpaid for what he does at the level he does it. It's just good that we're protected by not having a ton of guaranteed money tied up in that contract.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Having a player like Torrey Smith signed for $5 million this year really shows how inept our front office is!! We could’ve used that $5 million to sign Flowers, Mathieu, Preston Smith, and Anthony Barr. It’s sad we’re not going anywhere with the current management!!!!!

Can you clarify: is considering two paragraphs a “novel” more of a dig at me or you?

Also, FTFY. There was a glitch in your programming but I fixed it...you’re welcome. 

3 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Can you clarify: is considering two paragraphs a “novel” more of a dig at me or you?

Also, FTFY. There was a glitch in your programming but I fixed it...you’re welcome. 

You realize there's an ignore function, right? Use it if you don't like reading my posts. I'm not 12 so I won't edit your posts to put words in your mouth.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You realize there's an ignore function, right? Use it if you don't like reading my posts. I'm not 12 so I won't edit your posts to put words in your mouth.

Right, you’re not 12 but you find two paragraphs of text overwhelming enough to equate to a novel. Sure sounds like my attention span at that age.

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Kid's opening drive made him look like a star but every drive after that just kept getting worse till he got hurt.

I know Norv Turner is a fan of his but still...

Yeah Allen came in behind the same line and looked a ton more composed, better zip, better everything 

8 hours ago, trueblade said:

I thought Kyle Allen looked better.

Came to say this

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Except for letting Daryl Williams walk.

(Now I'm not saying at this point that that will be a good or bad thing long term, but we definitely know in the SHORT term, with no further moves outside of the draft, its not good.  We're actually WEAKER on the OL right now than we were at the end of the 2018 season, which is shocking.)

Once upon a time I remember us wringing our hands mightily in the offseason about how terrible our O-line was at this time of year. The following February we'd made it to the Superb Owl and posted a 15-1 regular season. We did get clobbered by the Broncos in the big dance, but that line got us a lot farther than we had any reason to believe.

Let's keep the ashes and sackcloth packed away at least until the end of August. Many good things could happen.

I'm okay with this... Bottom line is that if Cam goes down, our season is toast no matter what.  Nick Foles type situation happens every 15-20 years.

I think Heinicke and Allen looked ok with Allen having a better deep ball.  Both honestly looked better than DA his last 2 years here.  I think Allen has the most upside, but who really knows.  Neither one is Cam

5 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Once upon a time I remember us wringing our hands mightily in the offseason about how terrible our O-line was at this time of year. The following February we'd made it to the Superb Owl and posted a 15-1 regular season. We did get clobbered by the Broncos in the big dance, but that line got us a lot farther than we had any reason to believe.

Let's keep the ashes and sackcloth packed away at least until the end of August. Many good things could happen.

Exactly... It's hard to overstate how good the Paradis signing is.  I think that is definitely an upgrade over Kalil the last 2 years.  Van Roten fell off down the stretch, but he wasn't terrible.  Even if we didn't add anyone else this wouldn't be the worst Oline we've had in Cam's tenure by any stretch.

We went into a season with Byron Bell and Nate Chandler as our starting tackles.  I really don't think anything could be worse than that.  That might have been  the worst OT combo in league history.  

And yes, somehow we made it to a Super Bowl with a supposedly washed-up Michael Oher and Mike Remmers at tackles with Philly Brown and Ted Ginn as our receivers...

Strange things happen... Can't overstate how important a healthy Cam is...

We were 6-2 last year but he got hurt

• Pie 1