Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joeyxfresco

Center Matt Paradis to Carolina/$27mm/3 years/$13.5mm guaranteed

7 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

let's welcome him with open arms and open mouths 

Chill out fam!

Well, that killed my 1st round pick. Good to see the team had made it a big priority, though.

Now how about trading up and grabbing an LT?

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Well, that killed my 1st round pick. Good to see the team had made it a big priority, though.

Now how about trading up and grabbing an LT?

Glad you were wrong. Nothing bad about Bradbury but picking C in the 1st was one of the smallest team upgrades we could have. Larsen filled in well when Ryan was out. Matt Kalil sucked and we have 1 DE. Tackle and DE we could go from nada to good. C takes us from good to very good.

Aside from posting a zillion times about Kalil’s true cap costs, the thing I’ve posted most about was cutting Kalil (before Friday), Smith and Searcy to get two starters, Paradis and a safety.

It’s been a great day for me as a fan. I’m still hopeful about the cuts but I’m not sure about the FA S. I don’t want to lose potentially two 3rd round comps. Need Mayo to sign and maybe Love. That’s a little more cushion.

11 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
R-1nnRC3_bigger.jpgVincent Richardson @vrichardson444
FollowFollow @vrichardson444
More

Paradis deal likely gives Panthers enough cap room to find either an FS or DE in FA. Can go into the draft needing one without forcing the hand in the first round, needing both probably less so.

4:50 PM - 12 Mar 2019

I'm hoping we still sign a DE in FA... Rivera has proven we can get by with a less than ideal secondary, but the pass rush is as much of question mark as it has been for some time.  On top of that, rookie pass rushers rarely move the needle too much their rookie years.

I hope we sign someone and draft a DE with our first pick unless there is a LT or FS that is truly worth it (and I don't really get into the draft beforehand, so I truly don't know).  But I can't imagine a scenario where DE still isn't our first pick.

I do know right now we have one proven edge rusher that's getting older in Addison, a decent #4-level DE in Horton, 2 guys that have shown some ability and upside in Cox, Jr. & Obada, and a late-round draft pick last year that's unproven in Haynes.

We certainly need our high-priced and high-drafted DT's (Short, Poe, & Butler) to play better for the line play overall, but getting a better edge rush is paramount.

I feel confident we spend at least 2 of our 4 picks in the first 4 rounds on DE/OLB type players.

When you look at the edge guys we have, too, it makes sense to consider more of a 3-4 b/c they are mostly undersized guys at this point to be 4-3 ends.

We'll see, I feel fairly confident in Rivera begin able to field a good defense, especially if he remains in charge of it.

Signing Paradis was an awesome move, and while LT and/or LG is still somewhat of a question mark, I believe our major focus for the remaining of FA and the draft needs to be on pass rushers.

21 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

I'm hoping we still sign a DE in FA... Rivera has proven we can get by with a less than ideal secondary, but the pass rush is as much of question mark as it has been for some time.  On top of that, rookie pass rushers rarely move the needle too much their rookie years.

I hope we sign someone and draft a DE with our first pick unless there is a LT or FS that is truly worth it (and I don't really get into the draft beforehand, so I truly don't know).  But I can't imagine a scenario where DE still isn't our first pick.

I do know right now we have one proven edge rusher that's getting older in Addison, a decent #4-level DE in Horton, 2 guys that have shown some ability and upside in Cox, Jr. & Obada, and a late-round draft pick last year that's unproven in Haynes.

We certainly need our high-priced and high-drafted DT's (Short, Poe, & Butler) to play better for the line play overall, but getting a better edge rush is paramount.

I feel confident we spend at least 2 of our 4 picks in the first 4 rounds on DE/OLB type players.

When you look at the edge guys we have, too, it makes sense to consider more of a 3-4 b/c they are mostly undersized guys at this point to be 4-3 ends.

We'll see, I feel fairly confident in Rivera begin able to field a good defense, especially if he remains in charge of it.

Signing Paradis was an awesome move, and while LT and/or LG is still somewhat of a question mark, I believe our major focus for the remaining of FA and the draft needs to be on pass rushers.

By far our DE position is our weakest: Addison, Hayes, Obada, Cox jr that's it right now. 

Realistic possibilities:  1) Cardinals Markus Golden     2) Titans Derrick Morgan