Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joeyxfresco

Center Matt Paradis to Carolina/$27mm/3 years/$13.5mm guaranteed

Still gonna hold my breath/keep my fingers crossed til he signs on the dotted line... but this is the FA move we've needed over the past few years. We always have a few guys we wanna target but they get mega deals and we have no chance. We've needed a win on a legit starter/quality player in FA and we seem to have finally gotten one here.

I think this is huge for the draft. It would have put a ton of pressure on us to use 16 for Bradbury or the 2nd rounder for someone. I like Bradbury and it wouldn't have been bad, but with our highest value pick, it's nice to have a chance to use it on a higher positional value guy like a DE or OT.

Very excited for this to be finalized and hopefully we can reel in another guy on a good deal. I hope we use whats left of our FA after this on young/overlooked guys with potential in a different system. Having a move like that pay off would be big to getting us back to where we need to be.

8 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

This is an EXCELLENT signing and an EXCELLENT move to shore up a big hole in the roster.

On top of that it also opens up more options for the upcoming draft.  No need at all to draft a center (though it still wouldn't hurt my feelings to use our 1st or 2nd rounder on a LT if one of the better ones is still available).

I absolutely criticize Hurney and I still believe that the future of this franchise is damaged overall with the Hurney/Rivera partnership, but this is a major GOOD move in a positive direction.

Agree with every word.  I just do not  like the LOT draft.  We may draft a G and throw a TE/FB over to help Rob.N Usblind.  (Matt).

19 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

we like them gimpy I see.

2014 - Denver practice squad

2015 - played in and started 16 regular season games

2016 - played in and started 16 regular season games

2017 - played in and started 16 regular season games

2018 - played in and started 9 regular season games

So he got hurt last season.  NFL players, unsurprisingly, get hurt.  I don't see a "history" in his record so, until I see something to worry about, I'm not worried.

Dude must really like striped pants

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Very nice. Big need checked off.  I hope they'll give Larsen a chance to compete at LG now.

the LG spot is being set up for one of those "throw a bunch of players at it and hope one sticks" strategy 

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

the LG spot is being set up for one of those "throw a bunch of players at it and hope one sticks" strategy 

If we can get Williams back along with a legit C, I'm just fine with that. You're not gonna have All-Pros at every spot. You can easily scheme around one subpar O lineman. Hell, virtually every team out there is starting one.

1 hour ago, KaseKlosed said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/matt-paradis/8841

8841.png
Bio
2018 PFF Grades
Offense 79.0
#2 C
Run Block    
Pass Block    
Elite

High Quality

Good

Above Average

Average

Below Average

Poor

Rookie

Limited Information

PFF EDGE

is required to view additional player grades.
Draft

Data that PFF failed to disclose:

GINGER

:omg:

:tongue:

1 minute ago, black-panthers said:

I still like Van Roten. Could upgrade it but probably will be in the 3rd round

He's not terrible. He's one of those good backup/marginal starter types like Larsen, though I think Larsen is the better of the two.

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

Data that PFF failed to disclose:

GINGER

:omg:

:tongue:

Oh god, I honestly had no idea. This changes everything. Good god, Hurney! What have you done?!

1 hour ago, Bronn said:

Finally. Something.

No more Bradbury at 16 talk, I don't think.

Yep should not, defense first pick 

42 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Really hoping Cockrell comes back strong. That was a relatively low key signing last year that I really liked. I honestly think the plan was to have Bradberry and Cockrell on the outside and Jackson at nickel. Because remember, Captain spent the majority of ghe previous season in Rivera's doghouse.

This would be a beautiful thing if Cockrell comes back strong.

38 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

The former sixth-round pick won a Super Bowl with the Broncos in 2015

Goddam you, Bill Barnwell, you prick. 

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not sure what's still out there at FS, but I'd like to be shopping there.

As long as we are careful with comp picks. I don’t expect to re-sign Daryl and if shitty tackles like Bobby Hart get $7m per year, Daryl can break $10m and get us a 3rd on top of Funchess. TD can cancel out Paradis.