Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TN05

Panthers think either Moton or Williams could move to left tackle

2 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Why think? Just move Moton to LT and move on. 

Yeah I'm not understanding the hesitation as well.. Go ahead make the move get Moton focus on being the LT and watch him study the position and become one of the better LT's in the league..

• Pie 2

They might try both there but Moton is more athletic and has better feet and balance. He will win the job 

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

i know we've heard that Rivera believes Moton is better at right tackle, so yeah, this is a real possibility.

Ugh.

Geez. One day people will read and stop regurgitating incorrect statements from other posters. Rivera never said that. It was in reference to Clark being better on the left. There is a mental block people have that makes them forget that when Kalil was out and Williams was healthy, Moton was our LT. If Williams stayed healthy then Moton would have started all year at LT.

People are right above, Williams is a RT and looked awful at LT in preseason before he became a starter at RT. 

• Pie 3

Gotta move Moton

Better athlete

Has played (while minimal) LT and played it well.

Is younger, so we can solidify that LT and begin to groom him

Its MUCH easier to replace that RT, so after Williams the next year. It can be easier to replace 

8 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Why think? Just move Moton to LT and move on. 

I get worried when Rivera thinks too much.

5 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Somebody get Gettleman on the phone, he’s an expert at finding guys with “ left tackle “ feet

Like Michael Oher?

The good news = Matt Kalil is not the answer. And for that, I am thankful.

Would anyone else still be opposed to taking the best OT available at 16 if we believe he is a long-term solution at LT? 1 year of grooming and prepared to start next to Moton for the next 5+ years after that seems like a pretty good way to make Cam $100M+.

28 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

The good news = Matt Kalil is not the answer. And for that, I am thankful.

Would anyone else still be opposed to taking the best OT available at 16 if we believe he is a long-term solution at LT? 1 year of grooming and prepared to start next to Moton for the next 5+ years after that seems like a pretty good way to make Cam $100M+.

As last year showed, you can never have too many OL. This OL daft class is very versatile, many having experience at mult positions ok n the O line. My thoughts are draft OT with #16, start him at G. With Van Roten as backup. Can't forget about Mahon, maybe he makes a jump this year

And there, we will have a very capable, above average OL. LT- Moton, LG- Draftee, Larsen, Van Roten, Mahon? C- Paradis, RG-Larsen, Van Roten, Mahon, Draftee, RT- Williams. 

2nd Rd draft a DE. 3rd-DE , 3rd-OT, 4th--S, 5th-WR and 6th DL. 

2 hours ago, PanthersAddict said:

As last year showed, you can never have too many OL. This OL daft class is very versatile, many having experience at mult positions ok n the O line. My thoughts are draft OT with #16, start him at G. With Van Roten as backup. Can't forget about Mahon, maybe he makes a jump this year

And there, we will have a very capable, above average OL. LT- Moton, LG- Draftee, Larsen, Van Roten, Mahon? C- Paradis, RG-Larsen, Van Roten, Mahon, Draftee, RT- Williams. 

2nd Rd draft a DE. 3rd-DE , 3rd-OT, 4th--S, 5th-WR and 6th DL. 

Does Trai Turner become a cap casualty in this scenario?

4 hours ago, hepcat said:

I mean low key I think they plan on moving Moton to LG where he was slated to start last season before Williams got hurt

Lol when Kalil beats him out...need to draft LT...can't feel safe with one yr deal...

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

They might try both there but Moton is more athletic and has better feet and balance. He will win the job 

D will just move better rush end to Williams side...

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

Geez. One day people will read and stop regurgitating incorrect statements from other posters. Rivera never said that. It was in reference to Clark being better on the left. There is a mental block people have that makes them forget that when Kalil was out and Williams was healthy, Moton was our LT. If Williams stayed healthy then Moton would have started all year at LT.

People are right above, Williams is a RT and looked awful at LT in preseason before he became a starter at RT. 

Clark wasn't better on the left. He was awful. If there hadn't been an emphasis for Newton to get the ball out quicker, he'd probably have been killed.