Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Of course this year is on Hurney as he has been putting his stamp on this roster for the past 2 drafts and off-seasons. He knows that injuries are a concern with several players and should have a back up.plan. Sure there are limitations and issues that can derail a team that are beyond his control, but he is the GM and the buck stops there. I think he is doing a good job and I hope Cam recovers fully. I expect a playoff run this year. Let's make sure Hurney gets the credit when we have our odd year winning season and post season foray.

3 minutes ago, usr_wheres_my_hug said:

i just have to endure one more year of watching the panthers hobble through another poorly planned out season before tepper sends marty and ron out to the 7th circle of hell, unless he gets swayed once again. we haven’t seen much of the no nonsense hardass that we were told was going to be turning this organization around.

Whose alt are you?

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Of course this year is on Hurney as he has been putting his stamp on this roster for the past 2 drafts and off-seasons. He knows that injuries are a concern with several players and should have a back up.plan. Sure there are limitations and issues that can derail a team that are beyond his control, but he is the GM and the buck stops there. I think he is doing a good job and I hope Cam recovers fully. I expect a playoff run this year. Let's make sure Hurney gets the credit when we have our odd year winning season and post season foray.

This has been the case anyway.. We're on a football forum we always assess blame and credit to every part of the team every year.. 

Scot is making another lame attempt to argue about Gettelmen or make him relevant.. 

5 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

This has been the case anyway.. We're on a football forum we always assess blame and credit to every part of the team every year.. 

Scot is making another lame attempt to argue about Gettelmen or make him relevant.. 

He wanted folks to go on record that there are no excuses for Hurney if we suck this year. I say if we have another losing season we might have a new GM and coach anyway. That means barring disaster we are all in once again. I am enjoying the ride. It's like the guy jumping from the roof as he passes each floor he can be heard saying ..  so far so good......

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

He wanted folks to go on record that there are no excuses for Hurney if we suck this year. I say if we have another losing season we might have a new GM and coach anyway. That means barring disaster we are all in once again. I am enjoying the ride. It's like the guy jumping from the roof as he passes each floor he can be heard saying ..  so far so good......

We do this anyway and we did it with Gettelmen as well..

Scot is a teenager girl making up narratives in his head that aren't happening..

Nothing is black or white.. We've have always assessed blame , credit  and given our opinion on this team since this board was created..

That's the whole reason we are here.. He basically wants us to do what we've have done already with the added caveat that 1 person gets blame. Which has never happened..

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, TheRed said:

Executive of the year, lol. 

Ron is a two time coach of the year, but did that matter to anyone whatsoever when we were losing?

There's grasping, and then there is just desperation. 

& Shula has the best W/L record of any of our OCs...so i guess that makes him of course the best .

8 hours ago, 34yearoldsafety said:

Matt Kalil should have single handedly killed this rhetoric for you bud.

Well I meant lineman that didnt suck before we signed them...the Matt kalil signing never made sense and the contract was structured horribly. The oline signing s we have made recently make a little more sense so hopefully I am right.

8 hours ago, stbugs said:

If you want me to be honest it was his ignoring the OL until it was too late. Yes, I know injuries and all but thank god Gettleman grabbed Moton. Also, there was a 75% chance we’d lose 3 if the 5 2017 starters. The interior OL in last year’s draft was deep and solid and there was a solid OT (Crosby) taken in the 5th whose pros were the opposite of Kalil. If you don’t recall Crosby beat out one of the many tackles for whom we traded. It was similar to 2017. I applaud getting a pick for KB since he is trash now, but having crap for WRs in the playoffs cost us the game against the Saints. The fact that that pick became a reach/project player made it worse. We got really lucky that Moore and Ridley fell all the way to us, mainly due to the interior OL strength of the draft but we let WR impact the team results. 

That said Hurney is kicking ass so far and we need him (and the scouts and coaches - Norv was in love with Moore at his pro-day) to nail the draft. We do that and it could be a good (and odd) year. 

Yeah.  I remember screaming at the fuggin TV when they selected Carter and Crosby was still on the board.  That is what you should do to play to the strengths of the draft.  I know the kid had concussion issues but in the fifth is when you take a chance on that. 

Personally I felt like Hurney made the first 3 selections.  Then it seemed as though he jumped in a bottle of scotch and turned the keys of the draft over to RR.  Who could help himself by selecting 3 LB’s in a row plus a DT so the LB’s we’re insured to roam free. 

3 hours ago, usr_wheres_my_hug said:

i mean...that list isn’t very long or prolific tbh

& if you remember the main points in a letcure or let's say a lesson for you then  you have what is called substance.

Edited by bandu

On 3/13/2019 at 5:13 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Not predicting anything good or bad. I actually like the moves I've seen so far, but I've also liked moves that were made in other years where we ended up not looking so hot.

Heck, just in just the last few days when we hadn't signed anyone, we were pointing to the need for patience and poking fun at other teams for celebrating Super Bowl victories in March, and rightly so.

It doesn't suddenly start making sense when it's us doing it.

What exactly did “Charlotte Panther King” do to you, jeez man lighten up.

On 3/14/2019 at 5:42 PM, MasterAwesome said:

433B0E36-CEC8-4099-9CC2-2C91EC6521B5.jpeg

Our offseason in a nutshell.

That's our team history in a nutshell. Well deserved in Hurney's case. hes got several years more to go before he even breaks even with benefit of the doubt.

I think its safe to say he's at least better than Gettleman but I still want him gone when Rivera fugs up this year. I want all of the Richardson "brain" trust to be gone and in the past.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

This one is brilliant. 

Thenks fren