• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, Torrey Smith sure tore it up.

Granted, at least CJ Anderson looked  goo... Oh, wait.

Torrey Smith wasn't signed, smart guy. CJ got a whopping 1.75 million dollar contract and Rivera put him in the doghouse. He is a good rb.

• Pie 1

Just now, Car123 said:

Torrey Smith wasn't signed, smart guy. CJ got a whopping 1.75 million dollar contract and Rivera put him in the doghouse. He is a good rb.

So trades aren't part of free agency... Wow.

Weird that they happen at the same time of year :thinking:

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I like the moves. I also liked the Dontari Poe signing, so there's that to consider as well. LOL!

Haha.

Poe is better suited as a 3-4 NT.  Might be a driving force behind some of the 3-4 talk.  

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Exactly.

Hell, people when apesh-t when we signed David Carr.

Find me three decent posters that were excited about David Carr. I remember going apesh-t, but it wasn't from excitement. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

So trades aren't part of free agency... Wow.

Weird that they happen at the same time of year :thinking:

They aren't. They're part of the offseason. Free agents aren't on a team.

Just now, Smithers said:

Haha.

Poe is better suited as a 3-4 NT.  Might be a driving force behind some of the 3-4 talk.  

I think the primary driving force behind the 3-4 talk is making an excuse for last year's poor defense. I kind of respect Ron for not throwing Washington under the bus, but he should've taken that defense over much sooner than he did.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm good with Paradis, cautiously optimistic with Williams, hoping neither Matt Kalil nor Torrey Smith makes it to training camp but those decisions have yet to be made.

Either way, I've never been one to start having Super Bowl dreams in March and I'm sure as heck not gonna start now. Honestly, most years I don't generally feel like I have a real sense of the team until about game five or so.

I’m with you on Torrey for sure and probably Kalil but I wonder if it might be worth an experiment to try him at guard while his dead money hit is so high and we have a need at the position. The outside speed rush is where he gets killed so often and at guard he wouldn’t be dealing with that as much. Otherwise I say cut him.

And I’m definitely not on the super bowl train for this team. Just happy we made some very solid moves that put us in a much better position going into the draft so we can go all in on a really strong DL class.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

Find me three decent posters that were excited about David Carr. I remember going apesh-t, but it wasn't from excitement. 

Don't have to go back that far.

There was plenty of "Hurney 2.0" celebration this time last year. As LG pointed out, people were virtually orgasmic over the signing of Dontari Poe. Ditto CJ Anderson. Hell, people went nuts over Bashaud Breeland. And the signing of Eric Reid had multiple posters saying "Super Bowl".

Didn't exactly work out that way though, did it?

Edited by Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Car123 said:

They aren't. They're part of the offseason. Free agents aren't on a team.

Riiiight.

So if a GM trades for a bust player, then he's not as responsible as if he signed him as a free agent.

Good to know.

Don't have to go back that far.

There was plenty of "Hurney 2.0" celebration this time last year. As LG pointed out, people were virtually orgasmic over the signing of Dontari Poe. Ditto CJ Anderson. hello, people went nuts over Bashaud Breeland. And the signing of Eric Reid had multiple posters saying "Super Bowl".

Didn't exactly work out that way though, did it?

This guy is so desperate to add players to his bust list, he has to add a player we didn't even sign hahaha.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Riiiight.

So if a GM trades for a bust player, then he's not as responsible as if he signed him as a free agent.

Good to know.

Dude, stop being an idiot. Torrey Smith wasn't a free agent signing. No one is saying he shouldn't be responsible for a trade.

Edited by Car123

2 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Dude, stop being an idiot. Torrey Smith wasn't a free agent signing. 

Feel free to keep talking about that as if it matters.

Feel free to keep talking about that as if it matters.

What does Torrey Smith have to do with my post about Poe being the only free agent bust?

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think the primary driving force behind the 3-4 talk is making an excuse for last year's poor defense. I kind of respect Ron for not throwing Washington under the bus, but he should've taken that defense over much sooner than he did.

I'd agree.

I think the 3-4 stuff is one of those cases where you have a coach trying something different just so it looks like he's making a smart move. In truth, it's more likely out of desperation than smart planning.

Maybe it'll work, but at this point Rivera is more Maxwell Smart than James Bond.