• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

black-panthers

Dave Gettleman is the dumbest GM ever

Dave let two of the best players at their positions go for nothing: Josh Norman and Landon Collins. 

Rescinded Norman’s franchise tag to watch him leave to Washington and got nothing back in return in 2016. 

Now, three years later and he let Landon Collins do the same thing. 

We couldve easily gotten atleast a 3rd rounder for Norman. Dave couldve gotten easily a 3rd rounder if not a 2nd for Collins if tagged. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 7

Dumbest might be a stretch...  Most arrogant would surely be hard to argue...

• Pie 6

3 minutes ago, black-panthers said:

Dave let two of the best players at their positions go for nothing: Josh Norman and Landon Collins. 

Rescinded Norman’s franchise tag to watch him leave to Washington and got nothing back in return in 2016. 

We couldve easily gotten atleast a 3rd rounder for Norman. Dave couldve gotten easily a 3rd rounder if not a 2nd for Collins if tagged. 

You serious Clark? You realize we got a 3rd for Norman and most likely the Giants will get a 3rd for Collins.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

Just now, black-panthers said:

This has been beat to death on here.

My opinion of the Norman fiasco has not changed. I don't blame Gettleman for not giving Norman the contract he wanted. I don't think you can give a zone CB high end man cover CB money. It's just too easy to gameplan around a zone CB to keep your #1 WR away from him. You can't do that with an elite man CB. He's going to follow your #1 guy wherever he goes. What I do blame Gettleman for is how he navigated the situation. Yanking the tag out from under Norman after primary and even secondary FA was over ensured we were going to have to throw mud at the wall to field a secondary and that's exactly what we did spending three draft picks on CBs, only one of whom actually panned out. Our secondary was one of the worst in the NFL that year. It also could not have done anything for our lockerroom with those guys watching it happen. Once he was tagged, we should've let him play out the season under the tag and then moved on afterwards.

I also can't blame Gettleman for not wanting to give Landon Collins a 6 year, $84M contract. He's a damn good safety, but good grief. That's insane money. 

• Pie 9

The same people who ridicule Rivera's old school philosophy are the same people praising Gettleman's hogmollie, 1985 Bears mindset.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I’m very critical dg, no ill will towards him but glad dude was let go here. From a fan perspective, he just sucked the life out of free agency and the draft, damn near the entire offseason. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Panthera onca said:

Fat ass G man isn't doing all of this in a vacuum. He has to get feckless ownership to agree to his moves.

Nice to see the "it's all ownership's fault and Gettleman is blameless" defenders have followed him back to NY. Any bad personnel decision we ever made under Gettleman was always JR's fault.

• Pie 2

Look, here’s the deal. People loved Dave because when he came in we were suffering. Hurney has wrecked our cap at that time, wrapping way too much money up into one of the easiest positions to fill in the league. On top of that, we had the worst DT situation in the league. Teams were running the ball up the middle on us until they got bored with it. 

Getts drafted Star and KK and all of the sudden our biggest weakness became one of our biggest strengths. He also started off on the right foot by shedding terrible contracts and freeing up space.

In the end he proved to be a below average GM. But I understand why he gained so much support on this forum because he did a lot of  good things that first year. Unfortunately he was never able to repeat it. 

Its been over a year since he left. Unless you can show me where he touched you on this doll, try moving on. Cause it’s seriously pointless to poo on the guy at this point. He did a few great things here and a lot of bad. But regardless, he’s been with another team for over a fugging year now. 

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 7
  • Beer 1
  • Pumpkin Spice Latte 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This has been beat to death on here.

My opinion of the Norman fiasco has not changed. I don't blame Gettleman for not giving Norman the contract he wanted. I don't think you can give a zone CB high end man cover CB money. It's just too easy to gameplan around a zone CB to keep your #1 WR away from him. You can't do that with an elite man CB. He's going to follow your #1 guy wherever he goes. What I do blame Gettleman for is how he navigated the situation. Yanking the tag out from under Norman after primary and even secondary FA was over ensured we were going to have to throw mud at the wall to field a secondary and that's exactly what we did spending three draft picks on CBs, only one of whom actually panned out. Our secondary was one of the worst in the NFL that year. It also could not have done anything for our lockerroom with those guys watching it happen. Once he was tagged, we should've let him play out the season under the tag and then moved on afterwards.

I also can't blame Gettleman for not wanting to give Landon Collins a 6 year, $84M contract. He's a damn good safety, but good grief. That's insane money. 

Which I agree with but letting both walk without compensation is absurd. 

I go back to what i said when he was here, team had no sense of direction and from a fan perspective was a living hell with him saying one thing and doing another 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I’m very critical dg, no ill will towards him but glad dude was let go here. From a fan perspective, he just sucked the life out of free agency and the draft, damn near the entire offseason. 

2016 should have been another super bowl run. Instead we went into rebuilding mode. Lost a lot of interest after the 2014 and 2016 offseason.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Which I agree with but letting both walk without compensation is absurd. 

I go back to what i said when he was here, team had no sense of direction and from a fan perspective was a living hell with him saying one thing and doing another 

He'll end up with 3rd round comp picks for both. Once a player hits free agency, you're very limited on your ability to get compensation. You're basically looking at a tag and trade deal which ever fan talks about but rarely ever actually happen in reality.

• Pie 1

More interesting discussion: Which of our repeat numbskulls is the OP?

I'm betting on Sanjay. He seems to have dropped his last persona after everybody voted to ban him.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

bc this hot take OP couldn’t be posted in the other thread with the other 200 bitter vagina rants against gettleman

• Pie 2