Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

black-panthers

Dave Gettleman is the dumbest GM ever

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Look, here’s the deal. People loved Dave because when he came in we were suffering. Hurney has wrecked our cap at that time, wrapping way too much money up into one of the easiest positions to fill in the league. On top of that, we had the worst DT situation in the league. Teams we running the ball up the middle on us until they got bored with it. 

Getts drafted Star and KK and all of the sudden our biggest weakness became one of our biggest strengths. He also started off on the right foot by shedding terrible contracts and freeing up space.

In the end he proved to be a below average GM. But I understand why he gained so much support on this forum because he did a lot of  good things that first year. Unfortunately he was never able to repeat it. 

Its been over a year since he left. Unless you can show me where he touched you on this doll, try moving on. Cause it’s seriously pointless to poo on the guy at this point. He did a few great things here and a lot of bad. But regardless, he’s been with another team for over a fugging year now. 

Pretty much this. Gettleman looked brilliant early on and I think that threw gas on the fire that was his ego and after quickly digging us out of the Hurney hole he felt like he could solve every problem with bargain FAs and draft picks. 

  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just now, frash.exe said:

bc this hot take OP couldn’t be posted in the other thread with the other 200 bitter vagina rants against gettleman

Enter Gettleman Warrior #4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

This thread won't end well.. The cult of Gettlemen is very strong here.. lol

This thread won't end well because it's stupid.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Look, here’s the deal. People loved Dave because when he came in we were suffering. Hurney has wrecked our cap at that time, wrapping way too much money up into one of the easiest positions to fill in the league. On top of that, we had the worst DT situation in the league. Teams we running the ball up the middle on us until they got bored with it. 

Getts drafted Star and KK and all of the sudden our biggest weakness became one of our biggest strengths. He also started off on the right foot by shedding terrible contracts and freeing up space.

In the end he proved to be a below average GM. But I understand why he gained so much support on this forum because he did a lot of  good things that first year. Unfortunately he was never able to repeat it. 

Its been over a year since he left. Unless you can show me where he touched you on this doll, try moving on. Cause it’s seriously pointless to poo on the guy at this point. He did a few great things here and a lot of bad. But regardless, he’s been with another team for over a fugging year now. 

I agree with this but my problem is the cult of Gettlemen refusal to admit the team was trending up before he got  here as well..

We were in Cap hell and his tweaks to the roster were good.. But let's not forget he came in with a solid foundation already in house..

Franchise QB  check

Game changing defensive talent  check

Young players ready to take  bigger steps forward.. Check

A scatter few of pro bowl veterans with more in the tank ... Check..

  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

This thread won't end well because it's stupid.

Yes of course.. Somebody's opinion you don't agree with is stupid.. We got it Scot Lord almighty of all Message board opinions...

Lol..

Dam dude you don't have a different character you can play in your arsenal??

Smh..

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sub Zero said:

I agree with this but my problem is the cult of Gettlemen refusal to admit the team was trending up before he got  here as well..

We were in Cap hell and his tweaks to the roster were good.. But let's not forget he came in with a solid foundation already in house..

Franchise QB  check

Game changing defensive talent  check

Young players ready to take  bigger steps forward.. Check

A scatter few of pro bowl veterans with more in the tank ... Check..

Yep, we were a good run stuffing dt away from dominating. I applaud Gettleman for sealing that big crack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

I agree with this but my problem is the cult of Gettlemen refusal to admit the team was trending up before he got  here as well..

We were in Cap hell and his tweaks to the roster were good.. But let's not forget he came in with a solid foundation already in house..

Franchise QB  check

Game changing defensive talent  check

Young players ready to take  bigger steps forward.. Check

A scatter few of pro bowl veterans with more in the tank ... Check..

Oh I 100% agree with you. I’m sick and tired of both sides of the Gman isle. They both need to just get on with it imo

Like I said. He did a few great things here and a lot of bad. But neither really matters anymore. 

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He'll end up with 3rd round comp picks for both. Once a player hits free agency, you're very limited on your ability to get compensation. You're basically looking at a tag and trade deal which ever fan talks about but rarely ever actually happen in reality.

Kc and Dee Ford. And many teams would trade for Clowney, Lawrence and Clark right now

Edited by black-panthers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Car123 said:

Yep, we were a good run stuffing dt away from dominating. I applaud Gettleman for sealing that big crack.

Too bad we're right back to where we started on that front in large part because of failed DL draft picks. Butler - 1st round, BUST. Ealy - 2nd round, BUST. Hall - 3rd round, BUST. Also, in hindsight it looks like we paid the wrong DT. I know I'd take Star and his contract right now over Short and his.

Gettleman heavily invested in the DL, but after that awesome Star/Short double dip it was a heaping helping of FAIL.

  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He'll end up with 3rd round comp picks for both. Once a player hits free agency, you're very limited on your ability to get compensation. You're basically looking at a tag and trade deal which ever fan talks about but rarely ever actually happen in reality.

Norman sure I can buy the comp formula but Collins? No excuse, giants season was over after week 6, trade Collins mid season 

more importantly he showing the same issues he did here, he sign Odell than traded him, he tagged Norman knowing they weren’t near a deal which handcuffed him in free agency. 

Idk what the giants plan is but it looks like the reincarnation of the 2016 offseason 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, black-panthers said:

Kc and Dee Ford. And many teams would trade for Clowney, Lawrence and Clark right now

I didn't say it never happens, it rarely happens. You have to have the right set of circumstances. You have to have a team that wants the player and is willing to give the player the long-term deal he wants and also willing to give you more compensation than the 3rd round comp pick you'd get by just letting the player walk. Players can easily kill tag and trade deals by refusing to sign a long-term contract with the team that's wanting to trade for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This thread won't end well because it's stupid.

So you come on here pissed off at me from the other thread because I put you in place and disagreed with you. Ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

Yes of course.. Somebody's opinion you don't agree with is stupid.. We got it Scot Lord almighty of all Message board opinions...

Lol..

Dam dude you don't have a different character you can play in your arsenal??

Smh..

This opinion isn't just stupid because I disagree with it. This opinion is stupid because it's objectively stupid.

If you seriously want to talk about bad GM's, that discussion has to start with Matt Millen. Gettleman actually had a pretty successful run here.

As to the notion that we were "trending up" in 2012, that's a laugh. We were treading water at best.

It's also worth remembering what actually happened.

After the team got off to a terrible start (again) Richardson actually wanted to fire Ron Rivera. Marty Hurney stepped in and agreed to fall on the sword. Otherwise, Richardson never really had any intention of getting rid of Hurney. Gantt confirmed that Hurney was basically "GM for life". Hence, why he continued to work for the team without a contract (something no other GM in the league would do).

Richardson valued loyalty more than competence, and thus here we are.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cpt slay a ho said:

Norman sure I can buy the comp formula but Collins? No excuse, giants season was over after week 6, trade Collins mid season 

more importantly he showing the same issues he did here, he sign Odell than traded him, he tagged Norman knowing they weren’t near a deal which handcuffed him in free agency. 

Idk what the giants plan is but it looks like the reincarnation of the 2016 offseason 

I can definitely understand arguing that Collins should've been traded prior to the trade deadline last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×