• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

black-panthers

Dave Gettleman is the dumbest GM ever

27 minutes ago, Car123 said:

2016 should have been another super bowl run. Instead we went into rebuilding mode. Lost a lot of interest after the 2014 and 2016 offseason.

If I wasn’t for 2015 idk wtf hobby I would have picked up to cope lol

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Yes of course.. Somebody's opinion you don't agree with is stupid.. We got it Scot Lord almighty of all Message board opinions...

Lol..

Dam dude you don't have a different character you can play in your arsenal??

Smh..

@Mr. Scot seems pissy. Does he always act this way if someone disagree with him?

1 minute ago, black-panthers said:

So you come on here pissed off at me from the other thread because I put you in place and disagreed with you. Ok

Nah.

I don't actually get pissed off at stupid. I do sometimes get amused by it.

• Poo 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

This opinion isn't just stupid because I disagree with it. This opinion is stupid because it's objectively stupid.

If you seriously want to talk about bad GM's, that discussion has to start with Matt Millen. Gettleman actually had a pretty successful run here.

As to the notion that we were "trending up" in 2012, that's a laugh. We were treading water at best.

It's also worth remembering what actually happened.

After the team got off to a terrible start (again) Richardson actually wanted to fire Ron Rivera. Marty Hurney stepped in and agreed to fall on the sword.

Otherwise, Richardson never really had any intention of getting rid of Hurney. Gantt confirmed that Hurney was basically "GM for life". Hence, why he continued to work for the team without a contract (something no other GM in the league would do).

Richardson valued loyalty more than competence, and thus here we are.

Yeah, Millen was an absolute disaster. No matter how anti-Gettleman anyone is, there's no real argument that he's the worst GM ever. Hell, there isn't one for Hurney either. They both took a Panthers team to a SB. That's a helluva lot more than a lot of GMs can claim.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Too bad we're right back to where we started on that front in large part because of failed DL draft picks. Butler - 1st round, BUST. Ealy - 2nd round, BUST. Hall - 3rd round, BUST. Also, in hindsight it looks like we paid the wrong DT. I know I'd take Star and his contract right now over Short and his.

Gettleman heavily invested in the DL, but after that awesome Star/Short double dip it was a heaping helping of FAIL.

Hindsight 20 /20 (funny part that's  same game we all play on hurney).. Gman drafts are not as good as we thought...

If both sides would play the game fairly.. We can look at both GM with a objective lens and see both had success and failure with no back to back winning seasons on their resumes .. So both are avg. at best right now...

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Oh I 100% agree with you. I’m sick and tired of both sides of the Gman isle. They both need to just get on with it imo

Like I said. He did a few great things here and a lot of bad. But neither really matters anymore. 

Yes it does still matter. We cant sign anyone in FA bc we’re stuck with freaking Matt Kalil

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, Millen was an absolute disaster. No matter how anti-Gettleman anyone is, there's no real argument that he's the worst GM ever. Hell, there isn't one for Hurney either. They both took a Panthers team to a SB. That's a helluva lot more than a lot of GMs can claim.

Millen and Martin Mayhew were both terrible in Detroit.

Hell, even if you want to talk about the worst Panthers GM, that honor probably belongs to Dom Capers from when he had full control of the team. In that capacity, he was the architect of what was easily one of the worst moves in team history (that being the Gilbert trade, of course).

In recent memory, you've got Sashi Brown, Chip Kelly, Ray Farmer, and of course the Brown family up in Cincinnati. Steve Keim looks to be headed in that general direction. And heck, there's plenty more.

So yeah, this thread is dumb.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Giants could have 21 year old Darnold (who finished the season strong) paired a trio of young weapons (OBJ, Engram and Shepard). Instead they have an elite RB with a 38 year old QB (with a 2019 cap hit of 23m) who can't extend plays and fully utilize any of the young weapons.  

Edited by Double Trouble
  • Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This opinion isn't just stupid because I disagree with it. This opinion is stupid because it's objectively stupid.

If you seriously want to talk about bad GM's, that discussion has to start with Matt Millen. Gettleman actually had a pretty successful run here.

As to the notion that we were "trending up" in 2012, that's a laugh. We were treading water at best.

It's also worth remembering what actually happened.

After the team got off to a terrible start (again) Richardson actually wanted to fire Ron Rivera. Marty Hurney stepped in and agreed to fall on the sword.

Otherwise, Richardson never really had any intention of getting rid of Hurney. Gantt confirmed that Hurney was basically "GM for life". Hence, why he continued to work for the team without a contract (something no other GM in the league would do).

Richardson valued loyalty more than competence, and thus here we are.

This is the stupid part..

You went from a historical bad offense in 2010 to a top 5 and top 10 offense the next 2 years ... How the hell is that not trending up??

We were getting blown out historically in 2010 and ended with the worst record in the league.. The next 2 years you increased your win total and lessen your avg. Margin in losses.. How is that not trending up??

2011 the defense was giving up 30 points a game.. We draft Kuechly 2012 and steadily your defense goes from bottom 5 a year ago to top 12 at the end of 2012 .. How is this not trending up???

Facts don't agree with you ppl not just opinion on this one...lol

Edited by Sub Zero

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I didn't say it never happens, it rarely happens. You have to have the right set of circumstances. You have to have a team that wants the player and is willing to give the player the long-term deal he wants and also willing to give you more compensation than the 3rd round comp pick you'd get by just letting the player walk. Players can easily kill tag and trade deals by refusing to sign a long-term contract with the team that's wanting to trade for them.

Most players will go anywhere for the money. See Jarvis Landry last year.

Just now, Sub Zero said:

This is the stupid part..

You went from a historical bad offense in 2010 to a top 5 and top 10 offense the next 2 years ... How the hell is that not trending up??

We were getting blown out historically in 2010 and ended with the worst record in the league.. The next 2 years you increased your win total and lessen your avg. Margin in losses.. How is that not trending up??

Facts don't agree with you ppl not just opinion on this one...lol

See, there's these things called win-loss records.

They count. Rankings don't.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I can definitely understand arguing that Collins should've been traded prior to the trade deadline last season.

He seems to be doing things half ass or ass backwards, looking at the giants team there was no need in rebuilding but if so he’s making moves too late. He could have easily traded obj last year for maybe more and end up with darnold and saquan. He’s putting him self in a zero margin of error situation that’s not looking good 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nah.

I don't actually get pissed off at stupid. I do sometimes get amused by it.

Sure you do. Bet your red angry sweating right now

3 minutes ago, black-panthers said:

Most players will go anywhere for the money. See Jarvis Landry last year.

Not looking like such a terrible move by Mr. Landry right now.

Yes, most players will go anywhere for the money, but that money has to be agreed upon before the trade goes through. Evidently that's what killed the Antonio Brown to Buffalo trade. They weren't willing to give AB the new guaranteed money he was wanting in his contract so he killed the deal. Mayock hinted heavily during his presser today that Buffalo was offering more trade compensation.

1 minute ago, black-panthers said:

Sure you do. Bet your red angry sweating right now

You don't have that kind of importance in my life, kid :)

I'm actually about to have what smells like a pretty good meal, though. So angry? Nah.

Hungry, yeah.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Poo 1