Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TheSpecialJuan

Daryl Williams contract #'s

2 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
1vz0LM1b_bigger.jpgJoe PersonVerified account @josephperson
FollowFollow @josephperson
More

Details on Daryl Williams’ 1-yr contract with Panthers: $2.25M in salary, $3M signing bonus, $750k in roster bonuses. Williams can make another $500k if he makes Pro Bowl.

The only way this makes any sense at all is if his knee is well and truly fugged and the Panthers have decided its worth it to take a chance on him to fingers-crossed solidify the OL (which might be the correct logic in this case).

Because any competent OT that has healed successfully in the opinion of ANY team's doctor would make more than this EVERY. DAMN. DAY.  And his agent wouldn't let him sign this kind of deal unless it was a desperation move.

Again, I don't condemn Marty or Rivera for making this move and taking the chance on him.  But signing for that little in the OT market has HUGE red flags surrounding it.

Edited by tiger7_88

3 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

The only way this makes any sense at all is if his knee is well and truly fugged and the Panthers have decided its worth it to take a chance on him to fingers-crossed solidify the OL (which might be the correct logic in this case).

Because any competent OT that has healed successfully in the opinion of ANY team's doctor would make more than this EVERY. DAMN. DAY.  And his agent wouldn't let him sign this kind of deal unless it was a desperation move.

Again, I don't condemn Marty or Rivera for making this move and taking the chance on him.  But signing for that little in the OT market has HUGE red flags surrounding it.

I mean.... you have legitimately no evidence for this.  Daryl has said he likes living in Carolina, and the comfort level of being with the team who drafted you while still making good $$ makes sense to me.   He acknowledged that he had offers from other teams for longer deals, and he didn't take it.

We're not going to sign a dude whose knee is dangling by a thread.... Not saying he'll immediately return to his previous form, but clearly we think he's healthy enough to start in the NFL

6 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

This deal is too good, got to wonder how bad the knee is 

I told you guys awhile back he hasn't fully recovered yet. No other team was going to give him a big deal injured. The release of Matt Kalil should tell you how worried the Panthers are though.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, PantherNation123 said:

I mean.... you have legitimately no evidence for this.  Daryl has said he likes living in Carolina, and the comfort level of being with the team who drafted you while still making good $$ makes sense to me.   He acknowledged that he had offers from other teams for longer deals, and he didn't take it.

We're not going to sign a dude whose knee is dangling by a thread.... Not saying he'll immediately return to his previous form, but clearly we think he's healthy enough to start in the NFL

His knee is probably recovering well, but his particular injury has a significant risk of reinjury.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

His knee is probably recovering well, but his particular injury has a significant risk of reinjury.

exactly why no other team made him big money deal.

Why is it so hard to believe that money isn’t everything. Sometimes uprooting your family and moving to a place that you don’t like isn’t worth it.

I love bringing Daryl back but i honestly wouldn't be mad if we went O line in the first round still. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE

1 hour ago, Eazy-E said:

Why is it so hard to believe that money isn’t everything. Sometimes uprooting your family and moving to a place that you don’t like isn’t worth it.

I'm not saying that didn't play a factor. Why is it so hard to believe that there could be multiple factors at play?