Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ericr0319

Where does our O-Line go from here?

While I think that DE is our biggest, glaring need, and you get those in the draft...I am intrigued by the possibility that we're one drafted player away from having an all pro offensive line at every position. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

What I like about this crop of the best OTs, is their versatility. I think our Plan A is most likely experimenting with Moton as our LT with Williams on the RT. If say we pick any of these OT (Jonah Williams, Dillard, Jawaan Tayor), we can kick them inside for the time being. If Moton blows as LT, we can experiment with our LT prospect and place Moton back inside. (Moton played a few years as LG in Western Michigan).

If Daryl Williams proves his worth and becomes too expensive. We put Moton back to his RT spot.

• Pie 1

I think we will still take an OT pretty early. Daryl is only on a one year deal.

But overall I think we've set ourselves up pretty well to go edge rusher or DL at #16 

• Pie 1

if we can get Cajuste in the second then you have to go DE in the first, unless Hurney can get some serviceable guys to come in ahead of the draft. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Panthero said:

if we can get Cajuste in the second then you have to go DE in the first, unless Hurney can get some serviceable guys to come in ahead of the draft. 

I like everything I've read about Cajuste. His weaknesses seem to be fixable with good coaching, which we have here with Matsko. 

• Pie 1

I still think we are a two year rebuild. We'll be solid next year but need this draft and one more to get back to 10plus wins, imo.

We need a replacement for dwill when he leaves at OT, and some young depth at tackle. 

We need at least 2 edge rushers

Backup NG to replace Kyle love

Backup DT to replace butler

Depth at LB, may already have it. 

Slot CB 

FS, may already have it. 

Could use a stretch TE when Greg leaves as well. 

If we don't make any blunders it won't be a true rebuild, but the roster needs are aplenty. I love this time though, this is where you set the table for the future. Exciting times. 

I think we go DL in round 1, which is why we are addressing the OL in free agency.   HOWEVER, if we draft a T to start, we better do it soon--this  is a terrible OT  draft.

I see a developmental LT later--someone like Max Scharping or Bobby Evans.  I think a year to develop--while Williams is playing out his 1-year deal--is smart.  We know Moton can play RT....

Do not be surprised to see a G drafted.  Lindstrom from BC is my favorite, but if Dalton Risner is there in the second somehow, you take him.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

I see us going DL in the 1st. I don’t know why we’d pick Ford/Williams to be guards. There is a glut of developmental tackles like Scharping who probably would be as good as a guard (and have played there) but are available in ethe 3rd. There are also better tackles (Lindstrom) who will likely be 2nd rounders. Don’t waste 16 on a guy we think will make a great guard. Don’t draft guards and centers that early. Heck RT guys go later as well and we’re likely replacing Williams. 

That makes a lot of sense and maybe true. We'll find out which way we went soon enough. 

18 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think we go DL in round 1, which is why we are addressing the OL in free agency.   HOWEVER, if we draft a T to start, we better do it soon--this  is a terrible OT  draft.

I see a developmental LT later--someone like Max Scharping or Bobby Evans.  I think a year to develop--while Williams is playing out his 1-year deal--is smart.  We know Moton can play RT....

Do not be surprised to see a G drafted.  Lindstrom from BC is my favorite, but if Dalton Risner is there in the second somehow, you take him.

If Lindstrom or Risner are there at 47, you take them. Heck, I’d trade next year’s 2nd to move up from round 3 to get both.

There is no way at 16 to know exactly who will be available but as mentioned above, Detroit and GB, two of the huge edge need teams paid a lot of money in FA to the point. I’d be shocked if they went edge early. I think we’ll go DL at 16 and Jonah Williams worries me. Ferrell seems to be dropping and he had a solid game against Jonah.  I’d rather risk lower draft capital in a DWill replacement. 

26 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

That makes a lot of sense and maybe true. We'll find out which way we went soon enough. 

Yep. Pick 16 is a lot different than pick 8. You just have to be ready for anything.