Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ericr0319

Where does our O-Line go from here?

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I think we go DL in round 1, which is why we are addressing the OL in free agency.   HOWEVER, if we draft a T to start, we better do it soon--this  is a terrible OT  draft.

I see a developmental LT later--someone like Max Scharping or Bobby Evans.  I think a year to develop--while Williams is playing out his 1-year deal--is smart.  We know Moton can play RT....

Do not be surprised to see a G drafted.  Lindstrom from BC is my favorite, but if Dalton Risner is there in the second somehow, you take him.

i really like Bobby Evans. If he could have more than a year, he'd be a lock down pick for me. only one year to study and he'll take some lumps but he's a hell of a developmental prospect. 

19 minutes ago, Panthero said:

i really like Bobby Evans. If he could have more than a year, he'd be a lock down pick for me. only one year to study and he'll take some lumps but he's a hell of a developmental prospect. 

Why do you like him? Actually wondering because an OU fan in another thread was very negative on him compared to Ford, Powers and Samia. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Pi = 3.1SHutYoMouth! said:

What I like about this crop of the best OTs, is their versatility. I think our Plan A is most likely experimenting with Moton as our LT with Williams on the RT. If say we pick any of these OT (Jonah Williams, Dillard, Jawaan Tayor), we can kick them inside for the time being. If Moton blows as LT, we can experiment with our LT prospect and place Moton back inside. (Moton played a few years as LG in Western Michigan).

If Daryl Williams proves his worth and becomes too expensive. We put Moton back to his RT spot.

This is how I look at it too. Just get a talented lineman. If Williams struggles kick him inside and put prospect at RT. If Williams has a strong year at RT the prospect excels in a guard capacity.  And if Williams in fact has a big year, we very well could have trouble retaining him, so we then have our replacement, without having to spend 4/40 in free agency for a legitimate replacement. Obviously it'd be ideal to get a true LT, but I wouldn't let that persuade us into drafting say Dillard if we are feeling iffy about him, over a guy like Cody Ford who supposedly is a certified mauler lol.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Why do you like him? Actually wondering because an OU fan in another thread was very negative on him compared to Ford, Powers and Samia. 

Just what I've read that he's one of the few prospects that projects as a real left tackle and not the more typical writeup where "the prospect lacks length and could slide to guard". Honestly though, I haven't watched film so it's just secondhand from the NFL draft network writeup on him. See the link.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

Then type in Bobby evans. Some complimentary analysis from guys typically pretty harsh on prospects. I do think those others will be ready much sooner though.

Edited by Panthero
  • Pie 1

19 hours ago, black-panthers said:

Not a fan of Bama’s olinemen

Yep, I worry that Williams ends up at guard. Thats a steep price for a guard at 16. 

6 minutes ago, Panthero said:

Yep, I worry that Williams ends up at guard. Thats a steep price for a guard at 16. 

Agree 100%. I’d rather go Wilkins (assuming the edge guys we love are gone) and have a young stud DT so we can dump Short and Poe next year for $24m in 2020 cap than get a guard at 16 that is about the same as a guard we get at 77.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Agree 100%. I’d rather go Wilkins (assuming the edge guys we love are gone) and have a young stud DT so we can dump Short and Poe next year for $24m in 2020 cap than get a guard at 16 that is about the same as a guard we get at 77.

Yeah, it's a a lot of draft capital but since butler isn't going to pan out, we at least have leverage when short comes up for renewal. 

I also think we need a run stuffer. Daylon Mack with a late third or early fourth would be my pick. In the later rounds we could opt for Christmas or Russell as our nose of the future.  That way if poe doesn't pan out or even if Love stays we have the heir apparent at that position.

Edited by Panthero

14 minutes ago, Panthero said:

Yeah, it's a a lot of draft capital but since butler isn't going to pan out, we at least have leverage when short comes up for renewal. 

I also think we need a run stuffer. Daylon Mack with a late third or early fourth would be my pick. In the later rounds we could opt for Christmas or Russell as our nose of the future.  That way if poe doesn't pan out or even if Love stays we have the heir apparent at that position.

Wren from ASU and Saunders are all solid. There’s a lot of good DT talent. Hopefully one of the solid edge guys we like is there at 16 and we can get some G/DT/T guys with a nickel CB and FS sprinkled in those 6 other picks. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Wren from ASU and Saunders are all solid. There’s a lot of good DT talent. Hopefully one of the solid edge guys we like is there at 16 and we can get some G/DT/T guys with a nickel CB and FS sprinkled in those 6 other picks. 

Agree, we'd be foolish not to go after refreshing the whole dline given our needs, current and future, and the depth at those positions.

1 hour ago, Panthero said:

Agree, we'd be foolish not to go after refreshing the whole dline given our needs, current and future, and the depth at those positions.

This is the draft to get great value at the DL. Always been a big believer in drafting the strength of a draft because you should build a better team over time.

• Pie 1