• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Tbe

Cam is Vegan now and other off season news.

1 minute ago, Jackofalltrades said:

I’ve been carnivore for a year and have never felt better. Off all 6 meds, leaner, stronger, no inflammation and all my gut issues are gone. I won’t go back. 

Shhh don’t admit that. The huddle will say it’s placebo and you are an idiot without looking into it cause you know... they just know ;)

I wish I could go full carnivore. I’m about 80% but being a type 1 I run a higher risk of going into DKA so I have to add a few other things into my diet. Still, I did strictly carnivore for awhile and it was easily the best I had felt since high school when I started. And being 80% that now, I still feel pretty amazing. It’s not for everyone andim not preachy. I do get annoyed when people act like it’s stupis without having ever looked at it before though. Which is often 

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan

Quality of food and the amount you eat are much more important than any of these diet/meat/no meat debates.

Edited by Lumps
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Will cut down on any inflammation of his shoulder a great deal. Likely the main motivation behind it.

funny thing.  inflammation is the real killer.   its not what you eat, its how your body responds to it.

1 hour ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Nuts are one of the cleanest sources of protein and you can literally eat them all day. Its great to go vegan for some time. Especially if your trying to shed weight and tone. Protein  shakes and fish can compensate the rest. Also, sweet potatoes and potatoes are great. Vegan isnt all horrible but you can bulk and still have a healthy diet and be healthier. Its not just all plant based, you can still eat pasta. Its really not a bad deal as people make it out to be.

Brazil nuts and pistachios are dangerous to me. I can sit there and eat them non stop. Then an hour later feel like I’m dying cuz my stomach hurts lol

4 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

God help him, he’s going to need it. 

There is a reason you are seeing an exponential rise in vegan professional athletes. Giving the body what evolution designed it for turns out to have benefits. Weird huh.

• The D 1

Find out what works for you and stick with it. 

Carnivore

Plant Based

Vegan

Vegetarian 

Keto 

What ever the F*CK!!,  there is NO ONE SIZE FITS ALL. 

Good for Cam hope it works out for him. 

Edited by PurityControl
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

There is a reason you are seeing an exponential rise in vegan professional athletes. Giving the body what evolution designed it for turns out to have benefits. Weird huh.

There is also a reason that aside from your rise to 2 from 1, we still have 98 who are not vegan out of 100.

And, it's not because only 2 are informed.

Edited by Lumps

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I’m not shooting down vegans. I’m all for it. It’s way way healthier than what 90% of this country eats and I respect it. Just wish someone with a different healthy diet wasn’t immediately written off as a dumb ass because he does something differently from you.

But that’s a big ask I guess, huh? 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

let me know when Cam has a carnivore body like Dr. Jordan Peterson then maybe i'll take veganism seriously

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Lumps said:

There is also a reason that aside from your rise to 2 from 1, we still have 98 who are not vegan out of 100.

And, it's not because only 2 are informed.

It kind of is

Lol

• Pie 1

For real though, all inflammation markers drop dramatically on a whole food plant based diet. 

yo, don't be swayed by celebrity fitness people including dr's.  they don't tell you about the ped's.   

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I have eaten meat my whole life and and and and and and and and and and and and I'm just fine.  Lol

Edited by chknwing

There is more historical precedence for heavy meat based and carnivore diets than a vegan diet. Veganism in history has been used for religious and fasting observance such as certain Buddhist, Catholic and Orthodox churches. Religious institutions realize the similar effects of veganism to fasting. That’s why it’s beneficial for many short term. But eventually you must break the fast. That’s why we’re seeing many long term vegans with health complications. 

it’s  more more modern origins, Veganism was mostly in the fringe of new age followers and animal rights activists. But it’s become popular in the last decade with many people trying it with great short term benefits. But there are also many former Vegans no longer fearful of vegan backlash Who suffered because of this diet.