Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

More info on team HQ relocation

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Kinda expect this will be a closed facility though, don't ya think?

To be honest, I was really thinking about training camp practices. I thought they were open in Spartanburg; however, I never made that trip to know firsthand. If he also plans to develop the surrounding area of any new facility then being able to view some practices could be a draw.

I do know that some practices are clearly closed even to the media in advance of games; however, I thought many practices were open.

You know what they about assuming.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, panthersphan said:

 

But anyone worried about them moving the stadium to SC one day should relax. This move gives SC their share of the team. They are the Carolina Panthers, that's been Tepper's point the entire time, and moving the stadium - along with everything else - would completely contradict the entire point of this move and the whole 0ne Carolina thing, to market the team in SC more and to build a larger overall fanbase which  = more revenue. If they built a new stadium in SC, then it would be all SC, no NC...which makes no sense from a marketing and revenue standpoint as it would alienate the rest of NC even more from the team. That won't happen under Tepper's watch. He has said time and time again that Charlotte is where this team will play and that it's the perfect place for them to be playing. And he's hinted at a new practice facility in SC since day one. He has been very transparent at this point, and I don't see that changing with him. This dude is different than JR, and we've seen that right from the get-go...

..Hope you're right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tepper is big picture planning.  Build up Rock Hill and hosting a Superbowl within 10 years. 

 

Wonder how the players view this? Rock hill isnt exactly a lively town.  

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RIAnBOW said:

One need look no further than the crummy condition of our roads in order to know you are 100% correct about the Charlotte City Council being stocked wall-to-wall with incompetent and incapable morons.

I drive around Charlotte more than I drive through it. Is it really that bad?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't care where the team houses their headquarters. I just hope to actually see meaningful changes made on the football side of operations if we don't see a big uptick of success on the field this season. I'm as excited as I'm going to get about midfield logo changes and hinted uniform tweaks and that's not very excited.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly don't care where the team houses their headquarters. I just hope to actually see meaningful changes made on the football side of operations if we don't see a big uptick of success on the field this season. I'm as excited as I'm going to get about midfield logo changes and hinted uniform tweaks and that's not very excited.

Agree on all counts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious what this means for the staff and players. Do they move out of Charlotte? Where do they file state taxes? Will they be commuting from uptown to practice every day... a lot of the guys are living within a mile of the stadium, uptown is pretty easy to get around compared to i-77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2019 at 2:07 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly don't care where the team houses their headquarters. I just hope to actually see meaningful changes made on the football side of operations if we don't see a big uptick of success on the field this season. I'm as excited as I'm going to get about midfield logo changes and hinted uniform tweaks and that's not very excited.

That complex that he is going to build in Ft Mill is gonna be awesome

Edited by bull123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2019 at 2:03 AM, Mr. Scot said:

I drive around Charlotte more than I drive through it. Is it really that bad?

 

Been on 77 lately?

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 9:22 PM, Squirrel said:

Tepper is big picture planning.  Build up Rock Hill and hosting a Superbowl within 10 years. 

 

Wonder how the players view this? Rock hill isnt exactly a lively town.  

If you're referring to a training complex I'm not sure why any of the players would care. It's a short ride to the suburbs, and a lot of team facilities are outside the major city the stadium is in anyways.

If you're talking about them moving the stadium to Rock Hill, there's zero percent chance that happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is an idiot. Does he not know that the Carolina Panthers represent both North and South Carolina? Relocating the team headquarters doesn't change that.  I, for one, am excited about this move, especially as a South Carolinian. Two states, one team. One Carolina! 

  • Pie 3
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cookie Lyon said:

This guy is an idiot. Does he not know that the Carolina Panthers represent both North and South Carolina? Relocating the team headquarters doesn't change that.  I, for one, am excited about this move, especially as a South Carolinian. Two states, one team. One Carolina! 

Never heard of him, but prior experience has left me wary of media guys named Marc with a "c" :eyeroll:

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tepper bought more than the Panthers, he bought a border team. What a stroke of luck.  With dimished leverage for public funding, he only has to open his window and yell to create competition.  

Practice field.....HQ.....MLS Stadium....NFL Stadium 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SnowPanther said:

If you're referring to a training complex I'm not sure why any of the players would care. It's a short ride to the suburbs, and a lot of team facilities are outside the major city the stadium is in anyways.

If you're talking about them moving the stadium to Rock Hill, there's zero percent chance that happens.

Referring to the practice facility. Depends on where the players lives. But the move could put 30 to 50 minutes on their commute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor players dealing with issues other human deal with.  Logic would say most players live in the South of town already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...