• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

More info on team HQ relocation

On 3/15/2019 at 3:11 PM, cookinwithgas said:

well bummed as the old Knights stadium is just a few minutes away but this is actually a great idea and needs to be executed. The only thing I am worried about is the sale of the current practice field land and how that will affect tailgating in that area. I would have to assume that the walkway from Cedar under the railroad tracks will remain although removing it would most likely increase use of the south gate (good for stadium congestion)

Why dont they just keep one practice field... and make the rest parking?

Also, If I was a Panther Player.. I would live no where near a big city.. I would have me some land, somewhere secluded, with a runway in my backyard.. JS

• Pie 1

There's no more room in uptown for a practice facility complex. Moving it right over the border to SC makes the most sense logistically and financially. It's not the fault of the mayor or the city council. I'm sure if there were some land in the immediate area that made sense, they'd be pitching it hard. Where in Charlotte are you going to build it that's as close or as cheap as Fort Mill, that also has the land necessary? It will also serve the purpose of giving both states some real ownership in the team, through actual revenue generation. I think it's great. I'd love to be able to sneak off to watch a training camp practice on a work day. It'd be about 30 mins down the road from my office. 

On 3/15/2019 at 5:57 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Kinda expect this will be a closed facility though, don't ya think?

My money is on training camp happening there eventually. 

At least I hope so. Too many weird injuries have happened on those wofford fields. 

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

My money is on training camp happening there eventually. 

At least I hope so. Too many weird injuries have happened on those wofford fields. 

I'd agree.

11 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

It gets the players connected to the place where they work. I'd hate going from living in Uptown to living in York...freaking...South Carolina

What Free Agents are we going to bring in? 

Dude, I'd hate to live in York, too.  I did for 8 years, place sucks.  Anyways, putting the facility in York County doesn't mean the players have to live there, just means they might have to commute.  No big deal.