Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

LinvilleGorge

Panthers well represented at Clemson pro day

1 minute ago, steven8989 said:

Please don't draft Ferrell. He is not that good.

Lol...

• Pie 1

How quickly some people here have flipped on Ferrell. We went from “top 5 we have no chance” to “wouldn’t touch him in the first”. Gotta love draft season.

Edited by KDawg004
  • Pie 5

1 minute ago, KDawg004 said:

How quickly some people here have flipped on Ferrell. He went from “top 5 we have no chance” to “wouldn’t touch him in the first”. Gotta love draft season.

I hadn't really watched him until the CFP, and I was super impressed, but I still had a ton of suspicion about how much was him versus how much was the talent around him.

I would've been okay with taking him right after the title game...  but not working out at the combine or his pro day is really suspect to me, and had thrown up a ton of red flags for me.  No, underwear workouts don't negate the film, but it also could cause someone to look a lot closer at the film than they would have otherwise if the workouts are unimpressive.  Maybe he knows his measureables would drop interest?  That scares me...  well, that and the amount of Clemson DLs whom were impressive in college who have bombed in the pros recently.

• Pie 3

No combine or pro day raises an eyebrow, I think I’m more so worried about sweat, Ferrell, and another top de being at 16 and having to make a tough decision on who to choose.

almost exactly like last year with both Ridley and Moore being there at 24. 

Edited by Cpt slay a ho
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I hadn't really watched him until the CFP, and I was super impressed, but I still had a ton of suspicion about how much was him versus how much was the talent around him.

I would've been okay with taking him right after the title game...  but not working out at the combine or his pro day is really suspect to me, and had thrown up a ton of red flags for me.  No, underwear workouts don't negate the film, but it also could cause someone to look a lot closer at the film than they would have otherwise if the workouts are unimpressive.  Maybe he knows his measureables would drop interest?  That scares me...  well, that and the amount of Clemson DLs whom were impressive in college who have bombed in the pros recently.

I totally hear ya. And it is hard to gauge who was the real star along that Clemson DL. I’m not blown away by Ferrell as a can’t miss prospect. But I do think he has a high floor and at the very least is going to be a solid everyday starter. He won’t wow you with his athleticism but he’s a sound technician with a good set of pass rush moves. I can see him being in the mold of a Brandon Graham. All around DE that brings more than the stat sheet shows.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

No combine or pro day raises an eyebrow, I think I’m more so worried about sweat, Ferrell, and another top de being at 16 and having to make a tough decision on who to choose.

almost exactly like last year with both Ridley and Moore being there at 24. 

Sweat is my favorite...  he had the production in college, killed at the senior bowl, and showed out at the combine.  Which is why I'm almost sure he won't be there at 16.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm scared of Ferrell.

Yeah you always worry about player's stats being the benefit of the players around them (i.e. Daeshon Hall)... that said, I wouldn't be angry at the Ferrell pick

26 minutes ago, black-panthers said:

If thats the case then you shouldn’t even look at any Clemson or Bama defensive players then. 

I'm generally weary of Bama's players too so...  lol.