Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

LinvilleGorge

Panthers well represented at Clemson pro day

Until Hurney gives me a reason to doubt him, I’m gonna trust him in the first round. It’s the rest of the draft that I’m a little uneasy about.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd take Ferrell in a heartbeat... unless we're going to full on 3-4. I think he's a much better fit as a 4-3. 

Even if we went full 3-4 I'd take him.. I remember last year he wasn't that far from being seen as a lesser version of Bradly Cubb..

I just like this dude..The  Right size and weight combo, The Right production over years, The Right game film against top competition, The Right acknowledgment from scouts before the underwater Olympics..

18 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm generally weary of Bama's players too so...  lol.

Under Barnes I agree .. But Clemson has been different under Dabo.. I trust his players more than the previous regime..

2 hours ago, PantherNation123 said:

Yeah you always worry about player's stats being the benefit of the players around them (i.e. Daeshon Hall)... that said, I wouldn't be angry at the Ferrell pick

Except Hall didn't have any stats. He sucked despite playing opposite of the #1 overall pick.

Seems like a lot of folks have forgotten about that with all of these Ferrell/Hall comparisons of late.

Edited by LinvilleGorge

I would totally be cool with Ferrell.

Wilkins however is one of my favorite players in the draft outside of Quinnen, Devin White, & Julian Love

3 minutes ago, davos said:

I would totally be cool with Ferrell.

Wilkins however is one of my favorite players in the draft outside of Quinnen, Devin White, & Julian Love

Yeah, I like Wilkins A LOT. Dude is a stud. Wouldn't surprise me oje bit if he ended up being the best pro player off of that Clemson team. Yes, even including that Fabio wannabe QB.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I like Wilkins A LOT. Dude is a stud. Wouldn't surprise me oje bit if he ended up being the best pro player off of that Clemson team. Yes, even including that Fabio wannabe QB.

Nothing against longstocks Mcblondie, but people forget how mindblowingly amazing Ross played that championship game.  Without Wilkins or Ross, Clemson would have been a different team entirely last year.

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm scared of Ferrell.

A lot of people are.

Mentioned in another thread, the knock I've heard on him is that his teammates make him look better than he is.

(someone else disagreed with that, I forget who)

I don't feel like I'm watched him enough to form an opinion so for now I'm just listening to what I've heard others say.

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I could see us grab Wilkins even though DT isn't a major need.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

A lot of people are.

Mentioned in another thread, the knock I've heard on him is that his teammates make him look better than he is.

(someone else disagreed with that, I forget who)

I don't feel like I'm watched him enough to form an opinion so for now I'm just listening to what I've heard others say.

Said about every prospect ever who had other legit NFL prospects sharing the field with him. A lot of people though Lavar Arrington was a product of Courtney Brown. Brown went #1 overall in a great draft and was straight trash. Hell, plenty though that Peppers was a product of Ryan Sims at UNC. Peppers is going to the HOF. Sims was trash.

If there's a guy I'm questioning right now it's Lawrence. Ferrell and Wilkins didn't miss a beat without him.

Edited by LinvilleGorge
  • Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Said another every prospect ever who had other legit NFL prospects sharing the field with him. A lot of people though Lavar Arrington was a product of Courtney Brown. Brown went #1 overall in a great draft and was straight trash. Hell, plenty though that Peppers was a product of Ryan Sims at UNC. Peppers is going to the HOF. Sims was trash.

If there's a guy I'm questioning eight now it's Lawrence. Ferrell and Wilkins didn't miss a beat without him.

Ah yes, that was you.

Like I said, I don't feel comfortable making a judgment on him at this point. It does make me a little nervous that I seem to hear a lot of people repeating that question.

Ultimately, if we end up taking him, I'm gonna be hoping that you're right and they're wrong.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ah yes, that was you.

Like I said, I don't feel comfortable making a judgment on him at this point. It does make me a little nervous that I seem to hear a lot of people repeating that question.

Ultimately, if we end up taking him, I'm gonna be hoping that you're right and they're wrong.

The sad fact is that for a guy to be there at #16 at a premium position there has to be some questions about him.

How isn't DT a major need? 

Define DT.

Or more specifically, define what defensive system we're going to be running. Then define DT.

If we need a 3-4 nose guard, I know there are people that think Poe is better suited to that position but I'm just not buying in. If we're talking 3-4 DE, those are fairly equivalent to 4-3 DTs.

I'm honestly still not sure how seriously to take the 3-4 talk. It starting to sound like it's serious, though. Sooo...

The sad fact is that for a guy to be there at #16 at a premium position there has to be some questions about him.

No argument.