• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

LinvilleGorge

Panthers well represented at Clemson pro day

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm scared of Ferrell.

Yeah you always worry about player's stats being the benefit of the players around them (i.e. Daeshon Hall)... that said, I wouldn't be angry at the Ferrell pick

1 hour ago, PantherNation123 said:

Yeah you always worry about player's stats being the benefit of the players around them (i.e. Daeshon Hall)... that said, I wouldn't be angry at the Ferrell pick

Don’t even put Hall on the same breath with Ferrell

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm scared of Ferrell.

I’d be scare of a 6’5” and 260 pound man who had 21 sacks the last two seasons at Clemson too. 

Edited by black-panthers

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I hadn't really watched him until the CFP, and I was super impressed, but I still had a ton of suspicion about how much was him versus how much was the talent around him.

I would've been okay with taking him right after the title game...  but not working out at the combine or his pro day is really suspect to me, and had thrown up a ton of red flags for me.  No, underwear workouts don't negate the film, but it also could cause someone to look a lot closer at the film than they would have otherwise if the workouts are unimpressive.  Maybe he knows his measureables would drop interest?  That scares me...  well, that and the amount of Clemson DLs whom were impressive in college who have bombed in the pros recently.

If thats the case then you shouldn’t even look at any Clemson or Bama defensive players then. 

Edited by black-panthers

26 minutes ago, black-panthers said:

If thats the case then you shouldn’t even look at any Clemson or Bama defensive players then. 

I'm generally weary of Bama's players too so...  lol.

Until Hurney gives me a reason to doubt him, I’m gonna trust him in the first round. It’s the rest of the draft that I’m a little uneasy about.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd take Ferrell in a heartbeat... unless we're going to full on 3-4. I think he's a much better fit as a 4-3. 

Even if we went full 3-4 I'd take him.. I remember last year he wasn't that far from being seen as a lesser version of Bradly Cubb..

I just like this dude..The  Right size and weight combo, The Right production over years, The Right game film against top competition, The Right acknowledgment from scouts before the underwater Olympics..

18 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm generally weary of Bama's players too so...  lol.

Under Barnes I agree .. But Clemson has been different under Dabo.. I trust his players more than the previous regime..

2 hours ago, PantherNation123 said:

Except Hall didn't have any stats. He sucked despite playing opposite of the #1 overall pick.

Seems like a lot of folks have forgotten about that with all of these Ferrell/Hall comparisons of late.

Edited by LinvilleGorge

I would totally be cool with Ferrell.

Wilkins however is one of my favorite players in the draft outside of Quinnen, Devin White, & Julian Love

3 minutes ago, davos said:

I would totally be cool with Ferrell.

Wilkins however is one of my favorite players in the draft outside of Quinnen, Devin White, & Julian Love

Yeah, I like Wilkins A LOT. Dude is a stud. Wouldn't surprise me oje bit if he ended up being the best pro player off of that Clemson team. Yes, even including that Fabio wannabe QB.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I like Wilkins A LOT. Dude is a stud. Wouldn't surprise me oje bit if he ended up being the best pro player off of that Clemson team. Yes, even including that Fabio wannabe QB.

Nothing against longstocks Mcblondie, but people forget how mindblowingly amazing Ross played that championship game.  Without Wilkins or Ross, Clemson would have been a different team entirely last year.

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm scared of Ferrell.

A lot of people are.

Mentioned in another thread, the knock I've heard on him is that his teammates make him look better than he is.

(someone else disagreed with that, I forget who)

I don't feel like I'm watched him enough to form an opinion so for now I'm just listening to what I've heard others say.