• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

LinvilleGorge

Panthers well represented at Clemson pro day

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Disagree there. He made mistakes, but he also did a good job recovering from them. I think if he'd have had a chance to run the rest of last season and the past offseason, we could be in a lot better shape.

It's kind of like watching how the Patriots work. Lord knows they pull some boneheaded moves, but the end result always seems to work out. If you look at it on the small scale oh, you scratching your head, but the big picture looks good.

C'est la vie, though. Richardson done what he did, and here we are.

My wishful thinking is that we somehow steal Kevin Colbert from the Steelers after this season, but I'd also be happy with Joe Douglas. The trouble with Douglas is that it's speculated he's tied to Jim Schwartz. Not as big a fan of that idea.

I thought that we would e already plucked someone from the Steelers organization for the front office but damn, after watching arguably the best WR in the game force his way out of town for a 3rd and a 5th I'm not sure I'd necessarily be excited about it.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I thought that we would e already plucked someone from the Steelers organization for the front office but damn, after watching arguably the best WR in the game force his way out of town for a 3rd and a 5th I'm not sure I'd necessarily be excited about it.

I figured we'd take a shot at Omar Khan. He's one of those guys who's been "on the cusp" for a while now. I'm not entirely displeased that we haven't, though. Khan is more of a cap manager than a talent evaluator.

I'd agree the Bell and Brown sagas haven't exactly been proud moments, but Colbert's been there a long time and the Steelers have had a long run of success under his leadership. That said, sometimes guys who've been successful for a long time can wind up stagnating (Ozzie Newsome didn't do quite as well in his final years) so who knows?

If I had to choose between Colbert and Khan, I'd take Colbert. The Schwartz thing aside, I'd probably be pretty happy with Douglas. He's an Ozzie protege (like DeCosta) so he might even use Newsome as a consultant to help reorganize things.

All of this is contingent on us not being stuck with Marty, of course.

Edited by Mr. Scot

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hush, child. The adults are talking.

You literally just called one of our players stupid because of some weird theory you made up in your head to justify one of Gettleman’s failed draft picks. That’s pretty pathetic dude, you should be ashamed. This is one of many examples of how you generally argue with “feelings” rather than facts.

“Then Short shocked us all by signing his contract” instead of “Then Gettleman extended Short” lol, I bet you really struggle to carefully craft your wording.

Anyways, I’m not gonna continue to derail another thread...MY BAD YALL. But like for real though...y’all are seeing this right? :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Edited by MasterAwesome
  • Pie 3

3 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

You literally just called one of our players stupid because of some weird theory you made up in your head to justify one of Gettleman’s failed draft picks. That’s pretty pathetic dude, you should be ashamed. This is one of many examples of how you generally argue with “feelings” rather than facts.

“Then Short shocked us all by signing his contract” instead of “Then Gettleman extended Short” lol, I bet you really struggle to carefully craft your wording.

Anyways, I’m not gonna continue to derail another thread...MY BAD YALL. But like for real though...y’all are seeing this right? :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Shhh.

4 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

No combine or pro day raises an eyebrow, I think I’m more so worried about sweat, Ferrell, and another top de being at 16 and having to make a tough decision on who to choose.

almost exactly like last year with both Ridley and Moore being there at 24. 

Ridley and Moore was more about now vs the future. Ferrell is raising huge red flags because pro day is so controlled.

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

It’s one thing to throw out some bizarre baseless theory where a rookie is pissed off that his starting job wasn’t handed to him (when does that ever happen?)...but then to use that baseless theory to explicitly attack that player’s intelligence? Umm what?

”Yeah ummm...I have a theory that DJ Moore was pulled over for speeding cause he was hurrying on his way to cheat on his girlfriend with another woman. What a despicable young man with a lack of morals...can’t believe we would draft a guy like that”.

F1D5373A-3641-40CC-8634-7E3B00D76F9F.gif

What in tarnation?

If we’re gonna do a lot more 3-4 I really like Burns the man is smooth but if we stay 4-3 Ferrell will surprise a few here 

I’d much rather us pick Wilkins or Lawrence than Ferrell. Ferrell made some big plays in college, but if we really doing this 3-4 thing, this is square peg round hole. Dodd/Lawson busts also have me gunshy.

8 hours ago, black-panthers said:

You take Ferrell. Tape over measurements 

When a healthy player skips out on working out in front of potential new employers.  That is going to cause his stock to drop just as much as if he performed badly.   So he is either hiding an injury or knows that his performance will produce average numbers.  

A smart GM isn't going to waste a pick on tape alone.   Tape can be skewed by having better players around you and inferior talent in front of you.  

Personally I think there are other more certain players than Ferrell.   They may not be DE but less likely to fail. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008

9 hours ago, black-panthers said:

Bull. Then who? You strezzin me out

You are strezzin everyone else out with these threads and comments you make.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, rbsponsel52 said:

You are strezzin everyone else out with these threads and comments you make.

Good I'm glad someone else finally called this dude out!

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How isn't DT a major need? 

Because we already have 2 starters with big contracts, along with Butler, who probably is a bust but still can be adequate as a backup. I can see DT being a big need NEXT year as Poe and Short continue to age and/or we move on from one of them. I would be ok with picking at DT in the mid to later rounds fir depth, but absolutely not in round 1 in 2. You should be slapped in the mouth for even insinuating that. We need DEs, OL, and a safety to a much lesser degree in the top rounds.

13 minutes ago, USC/panthers_11 said:

Because we already have 2 starters with big contracts, along with Butler, who probably is a bust but still can be adequate as a backup. I can see DT being a big need NEXT year as Poe and Short continue to age and/or we move on from one of them. I would be ok with picking at DT in the mid to later rounds fir depth, but absolutely not in round 1 in 2. You should be slapped in the mouth for even insinuating that. We need DEs, OL, and a safety to a much lesser degree in the top rounds.

You nailed it. We have two aging starters with big cap hits and a bust of a former 1st rounder. That's pretty much it. DT is absolutely a big need. Short and/or Poe are likely cap casualties after this coming season.