Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

LinvilleGorge

Panthers well represented at Clemson pro day

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

It’s one thing to throw out some bizarre baseless theory where a rookie is pissed off that his starting job wasn’t handed to him (when does that ever happen?)...but then to use that baseless theory to explicitly attack that player’s intelligence? Umm what?

”Yeah ummm...I have a theory that DJ Moore was pulled over for speeding cause he was hurrying on his way to cheat on his girlfriend with another woman. What a despicable young man with a lack of morals...can’t believe we would draft a guy like that”.

F1D5373A-3641-40CC-8634-7E3B00D76F9F.gif

What in tarnation?

I’d much rather us pick Wilkins or Lawrence than Ferrell. Ferrell made some big plays in college, but if we really doing this 3-4 thing, this is square peg round hole. Dodd/Lawson busts also have me gunshy.

8 hours ago, black-panthers said:

You take Ferrell. Tape over measurements 

When a healthy player skips out on working out in front of potential new employers.  That is going to cause his stock to drop just as much as if he performed badly.   So he is either hiding an injury or knows that his performance will produce average numbers.  

A smart GM isn't going to waste a pick on tape alone.   Tape can be skewed by having better players around you and inferior talent in front of you.  

Personally I think there are other more certain players than Ferrell.   They may not be DE but less likely to fail. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008

9 hours ago, black-panthers said:

Bull. Then who? You strezzin me out

You are strezzin everyone else out with these threads and comments you make.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, rbsponsel52 said:

You are strezzin everyone else out with these threads and comments you make.

Good I'm glad someone else finally called this dude out!

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How isn't DT a major need? 

Because we already have 2 starters with big contracts, along with Butler, who probably is a bust but still can be adequate as a backup. I can see DT being a big need NEXT year as Poe and Short continue to age and/or we move on from one of them. I would be ok with picking at DT in the mid to later rounds fir depth, but absolutely not in round 1 in 2. You should be slapped in the mouth for even insinuating that. We need DEs, OL, and a safety to a much lesser degree in the top rounds.

13 minutes ago, USC/panthers_11 said:

Because we already have 2 starters with big contracts, along with Butler, who probably is a bust but still can be adequate as a backup. I can see DT being a big need NEXT year as Poe and Short continue to age and/or we move on from one of them. I would be ok with picking at DT in the mid to later rounds fir depth, but absolutely not in round 1 in 2. You should be slapped in the mouth for even insinuating that. We need DEs, OL, and a safety to a much lesser degree in the top rounds.

You nailed it. We have two aging starters with big cap hits and a bust of a former 1st rounder. That's pretty much it. DT is absolutely a big need. Short and/or Poe are likely cap casualties after this coming season.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You nailed it. We have two aging starters with big cap hits and a bust of a former 1st rounder. That's pretty much it. DT is absolutely a big need. Short and/or Poe are likely cap casualties after this coming season.

Yessir. I was basically just saying I don't think DT warrants a high draft pick in 2019 but agree with you otherwise. Obviously you want your top draft pick to start right away, and I don't see how that could happen this year with Poe and Short already penciled in as starters. On that note, both of these guys need to step it up this season with the money they're making!

1 minute ago, USC/panthers_11 said:

Yessir. I was basically just saying I don't think DT warrants a high draft pick in 2019 but agree with you otherwise. Obviously you want your top draft pick to start right away, and I don't see how that could happen this year with Poe and Short already penciled in as starters. On that note, both of these guys need to step it up this season with the money they're making!

I don't really care about "starting" along the DL. That's the one position group where reserves can play near starter snaps due to rotations. The way I see it, taking a guy like Christian Wilkins or Dexter Lawrence wouldn't just help us out this season, but it very well could mean having the ability to release Short or Poe and free up $10M next year with no real drop off.

8 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

You literally just called one of our players stupid because of some weird theory you made up in your head to justify one of Gettleman’s failed draft picks. That’s pretty pathetic dude, you should be ashamed. This is one of many examples of how you generally argue with “feelings” rather than facts.

“Then Short shocked us all by signing his contract” instead of “Then Gettleman extended Short” lol, I bet you really struggle to carefully craft your wording.

Anyways, I’m not gonna continue to derail another thread...MY BAD YALL. But like for real though...y’all are seeing this right? :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

It's laughable at this point.

If this is the guy the panthers are ignoring free agent pass rushers for I hope they just move team so I can find a new hobby.

Dude has one move and gets absolutely mowed otherwise. If it were a great move it wouldn't be as problematic but given the obvious athletic and strength questions... 

Short has proven pretty demonstrably that the "one of the best 3Ts in the NFL" was an aberration. Exploring moving him while his stock is pretty high and getting better talent at DT isnt the worst possible idea.

6 minutes ago, Growl said:

Short has proven pretty demonstrably that the "one of the best 3Ts in the NFL" was an aberration. Exploring moving him while his stock is pretty high and getting better talent at DT isnt the worst possible idea.

I don't think his stock would be all that high to be honest. He was a one year wonder as a top tier DT and that was several years ago. Outside of that year, he's been good but not great until last season when he was just plain bad.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think his stock would be all that high to be honest. He was a one year wonder as a top tier DT and that was several years ago. Outside of that year, he's been good but not great until last season when he was just plain bad.

Let’s not sell Short that much. 2015-2017 he was great. Last year was his first off year. How many other DTs have over 24 sacks in 3 years outside of Aaron Donald who’s on another planet? Cox hasn’t. Short over those three years was just as good as say Cox, problem is Cox is younger so last year was still on top of his game. This is Short’s (and Poe’s) last year with us. We can save $24m in cap space letting both go next year. That’s a reason why I want to go DL heavy not just DE. 

• Pie 1