• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TheSpecialJuan

PFF: After-the-catch numbers could signal an impending fantasy breakout for D.J. Moore

t the combine, Carolina Panthers head coach Ron Rivera had some interesting quotes regarding sophomore-to-be wide receiver D.J. Moore.

Here was his first response:

“How do you label a number one? Is it a vertical No. 1 threat, or is it a guy that works underneath the defense? For us, he has both skill sets, but the most important thing is getting the ball in his hands, more than anything else.”

He then followed that up with:

“That’s the biggest thing we’ll work with [Moore] on: finding ways to get the ball in his hands. After the catch, I think he was No. 2 (in the league) in total yards after the catch… So he’s a guy you want to put the ball in his hands. You’ve just got to find ways to do it.”

Well, first of all, I have to wonder if Rivera isn’t a PFF Elite member, based on his reference to Moore’s yards-after-the-catch numbers (which subscribers can access for themselves here.) Rivera was right – among all 93 wide receivers to see at least 40 targets, Moore ranked second (behind only Dante Pettis) in yards after the catch per reception (7.91).

• Pie 4

Now

Just needs to learn how to hold onto the ball.  If I were Ron, id make him carry around a football all mini camp and have guys try to knock it out of his hands.

Kid was great, but he single handed lost us the Redskins game with fumbles.  And had a few other costly ones too later in the season 

• Pie 8

He just needs to learn ball security and he'll be extremely deadly. 

• Pie 2

Guy has that Steve Smith excitement when he gets the ball

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Now

Just needs to learn how to hold onto the ball.  If I were Ron, id make him carry around a football all mini camp and have guys try to knock it out of his hands.

Kid was great, but he single handed lost us the Redskins game with fumbles.  And had a few other costly ones too later in the season 

Like it really mattered lol. I don't think that cost us anything!

• Poo 1

17 hours ago, Zaximus said:

Guy has that Steve Smith excitement when he gets the ball

Moore is amazing, but let’s not forget about this WR. We’ve got two guys who can create a TD on any pass (or WR run).

• Pie 4

And he only sniffed playing time once older, far less talented players were injured.

God bless Rivera

• Pie 3

I love the fact that we have 2 different type of receivers. @stbugs why is it whenever there is a thread about Moore, someone always brings up Samuel as a better player? 

Isn't it a good thing we have 1 player who can break tackles and get great YAC, while another has great route running and elusiveness? 

Sometimes on here and in the Panther twitterverse everyone wants to bash on DJ to build up Samuel. What's the point? We got 2 guys with a lot of potential! 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, yasuhara2241 said:

I love the fact that we have 2 different type of receivers. @stbugs why is it whenever there is a thread about Moore, someone always brings up Samuel as a better player? 

Isn't it a good thing we have 1 player who can break tackles and get great YAC, while another has great route running and elusiveness? 

Sometimes on here and in the Panther twitterverse everyone wants to bash on DJ to build up Samuel. What's the point? We got 2 guys with a lot of potential! 

I have no idea. I think it’s amazing that with CMC we have 3 guys that can turn a little dump off into a TD. Unfortunately, they were taken by two different GMs and that makes a difference in some people’s minds. It’s like when you hear that the 2018 draft was our best ever and I’m thinking that just CMC, Samuel and Moton alone without Butker and Armah (maybe Corn will get it someday) was unreal but it’s a GM thing. Our last two drafts and knock on wood this year’s as well could set us up for many years.

• Pie 2