Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Proudiddy

Panthers Currently At 6.73M Cap Space

how tf do the saints have more cap space than us?

That's enough to sign a veteran defensive end. The 7.5 mill will cover the draft picks. Probably will only be able to sign one veteran that is released or if we trade a pick for an impending camp cut. 

• Pie 2

So thanks Hurney for giving Poe and Smith all that money. You deserve some credit.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, SOJA said:

That's enough to sign a veteran defensive end. The 7.5 mill will cover the draft picks. Probably will only be able to sign one veteran that is released or if we trade a pick for an impending camp cut. 

The Saints do a fair amount of kicking the can down the road.

We used to do that too, but you can only keep it up for so long. That's basically how we wound up 14 million over the cap back in 2013.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

So thanks Hurney for giving Poe and Smith all that money. You deserve some credit.

Hurney 2.0 strikes again!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Unger retiring cleared up like $7 millionish I think, and the Brees restructure was around another ~$10 million.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Brees restructured his deal for 2019. His cap hit is something ridiculous like $42m next season

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

Really need to cut the WR and then get a DE so we d ont have to reach in the draft if one isn't there.

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Brees restructured his deal for 2019. His cap hit is something ridiculous like $42m next season

I think they're going to keep kicking that can down the road to try to maximize his final years and then take it on the chin when he retires.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Shaq, Smith, and Searcy combine to represent $16M worth of salary cap that could be freed up at any time.

Shaq's is fully guaranteed now right? I think he had to be cut before free agency to get out of his salary.

14 minutes ago, SOJA said:

We have enough if we want it. The cap is easy to manipulate whenever you need to. Most times we don't make moves until we need to sign someone.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Shaq's is fully guaranteed now right? I think he had to be cut before free agency to get out of his salary.

I don't think that becomes the case until the first day of the regular season, but I could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think they're going to keep kicking that can down the road to try to maximize his final years and then take it on the chin when he retires.

I mean they think Teddy is the future...dark times are returning for them. 

• Pie 1