Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Panthers 3-4 defense confirmed.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

The point was he is a pass rush specialist. Anybody saying he's a replacement for Davis doesn't know football, period. 

As for wording, yes, I said he never played OLB in a 43,  which was a direct reference to those trying to say he's more of a linebacker, which is not the case at all. Y'all want to thump your chest l, go ahead. Doesn't make y'alls original point any more correct. 

You took a statement made by one guy who no one appears to ever take seriously, rebutted with a broad claim that Irvin has never played OLB in a 4-3, then people simply fact-checked you on that claim, and now you’re lumping them together with the original guy’s claim. Their original point was that he has indeed played OLB in a 4-3 defense, which is true. What do you otherwise mean by “y’alls original point” which you claim is false?

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

The point was he is a pass rush specialist. Anybody saying he's a replacement for Davis doesn't know football, period. 

As for wording, yes, I said he never played OLB in a 43,  which was a direct reference to those trying to say he's more of a linebacker, which is not the case at all. Y'all want to thump your chest l, go ahead. Doesn't make y'alls original point any more correct. 

He's a pass rushing specialist that can play OLB and DE. That still means he has played and will continue to play OLB in a 4-3 due to his ability to do more than an ordinary 4-3 DE. Nothing you are saying is taking away the fact that he is a 4-3 OLB or that he has played it. He is both OLB and DE.

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SOJA said:

All this talk about getting guys who fit Ron Rivera's hybrid defensive scheme...

 

what happens when Rivera is fired next season?

Yeah that's a big question mark..

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I wasn't the one that claimed he played a traditional OLB. 

OBVIOUSLY  you missed that. 

I never addressed whether he played a “traditional OLB” role (nor do I care), I addressed the fact that he has indeed played OLB in a 43 before, you OBVIOUSLY missed that.

6 hours ago, panthers55 said:

As I said in my post. I was not comparing the two so not sure why you are. Simply said that Mills was told he wasn't big enough as someone commented about Shaq. I suggested size wasn't the biggest factor. You clarified why you thought Mills was successful. I would agree on Sam. And not sure Shaq has those abilities, he honestly hasn't been that great considering he was a first rounder. Obviously the team seems to think he is worth keeping for 9 million 

While I stated Sam’s pros, I wasn’t trying to compare them in the slightest, hence why I said it was a genuine question about Shaq.

I mean it’s honestly unfair to compare anyone to Sam. That man was a gift.

57 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

You took a statement made by one guy who no one appears to ever take seriously, rebutted with a broad claim that Irvin has never played OLB in a 4-3, then people simply fact-checked you on that claim, and now you’re lumping them together with the original guy’s claim. Their original point was that he has indeed played OLB in a 4-3 defense, which is true. What do you otherwise mean by “y’alls original point” which you claim is false?

This post sums it up pretty well. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it's 1996 then. I'm expecting a hybrid. Ron is a good/great defensive coach. Thank goodness for Norv. As I've said before, this is the best coaching staff this team has ever had, like Rivera or not.

Not worried.

 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 8:05 AM, Bronn said:

Devin White come on down!

That would be the best possible thing to happen.  He is the star in this draft.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:40 PM, davos said:

That would be the best possible thing to happen.  He is the star in this draft.

Not sold on White. I watch his highlights and nothing stands out. What am I missing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

Not sold on White. I watch his highlights and nothing stands out. What am I missing?

You should be. Brett does a great job on this breakdown.  He could be good if he goes to a team that is good a developing LBs. And not so good if he doesn’t. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

You should be. Brett does a great job on this breakdown.  He could be good if he goes to a team that is good a developing LBs. And not so good if he doesn’t. 

 

Not a fan of his size. He looks small. He's fast, but once Olineman gets their hands on him he is done. Im just not sold on him as a fit for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

Not a fan of his size. He looks small. He's fast, but once Olineman gets their hands on him he is done. Im just not sold on him as a fit for us.

Everybody wasn't sold on Luke either but look at what he has done. White is a tackling machine. Give me someone that gets to the ball and makes tackles any day of the week. We should be worried about Shaq he hasn't shown anything and is a cap hit of 9 mil. If White was there at 16, he would be the pick all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steven8989 said:

Everybody wasn't sold on Luke either but look at what he has done. White is a tackling machine. Give me someone that gets to the ball and makes tackles any day of the week. We should be worried about Shaq he hasn't shown anything and is a cap hit of 9 mil. If White was there at 16, he would be the pick all day.

If white is there at 16 it’s bc all the opt IDL and Edge guys are off the board. If that’s the case I’m fine with taking him.  Luke and white would be a killer combo.  And I’m not worry about him busting under Lukes wing.  

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Everybody wasn't sold on Luke either but look at what he has done. White is a tackling machine. Give me someone that gets to the ball and makes tackles any day of the week. We should be worried about Shaq he hasn't shown anything and is a cap hit of 9 mil. If White was there at 16, he would be the pick all day.

He is a tackling machine, but you just watched film of him saying he doesn't have proper tackling form and misses a lot of tackles. That has to do with his size. He may be good at the next level, but I don't see it. I may be wrong we will have to see.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 11:05 AM, Untouchable said:

I think it confirms the hybrid D and not 34.

Definitely missing a 34 base end who can stay on the edge or reduce inside to UT for 43 looks though.

KK can play end in a 3-4, as can Poe. Both could play NT as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

KK can play end in a 3-4, as can Poe. Both could play NT as well. 

Still need a 3rd body along that front. Your top options currently are Butler and maybe Cox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...