Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TheSpecialJuan

Norv and Scott Turner took out Will Grier to dinner last night

I'm on the Grier train. I think he'd be a fine back up. Better than what we have now. 

• Pie 2

It would be nice to have a decent backup for Cam like the Patriots always seem to manage to have for Brady.

Question is, are the Panthers, with so many areas of need, in a position to use a high draft pick on a QB this year?

I'm not so sure they are.

8 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

It would be nice to have a decent backup for Cam like the Patriots always seem to manage to have for Brady.

Question is, are the Panthers, with so many areas of need, in a position to use a high draft pick on a QB this year?

I'm not so sure they are.

Counter argument would be that free agency has set up drafting a QB early. Probably 3rd round. Back up QB is a definite need. 

9 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

He won’t be around for us to pick unless it’s in the first round, and the huddle would shut down if that happened 

And it should

• Beer 2

47 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Counter argument would be that free agency has set up drafting a QB early. Probably 3rd round. Back up QB is a definite need. 

True.  It is quite possible that Hurney and the coaches are feeling pretty good about where the team is prior to the draft and now feel like taking a QB won't undermine the 2019 season.

9 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Watch the tape, his arm strength is pretty average. He puts a lot torque on his body just to get it down field.

I'd rather roll with Kyle Allen than draft Grier in the first 4 rounds.  I have no problem bringing him in, but not at the expense of those first 5 draft picks.  

• Cargos 1

I see what you're trying to do and all...and I propose a battle royale.  

Don't resect gimmicks.