Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSpecialJuan

Panthers sign Alliance league player

I actually think when players excel in other leagues, like Europe, Canada, or the AAF, it shows just how important SYSTEM is for certain players.  Some guys can really thrive in the right system, regardless of their pedigree.  

NFL Experience? - check

Return Experience? - check

Has speed? - check

Absolutely nothing wrong with this type of signing to replace a similar player in Byrd. 

15 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Never know.  Might save us $5 mil for Torrey.  All for that. 

And possibly more pressure on Torrey's agent if we are negotiating a <$5m deal. It's a tough business.

Fans in DC had high hopes for him. I actually thought the Panthers should have reached out to acquire him then since the Skins were absolutely STACKED at WR back then. I mean they had an embarrassment of riches at the position so he was stuck behind guys like DJack, Pierre Garcon, Jamison Crowder, Ryan Grant and Josh Doctson. He can play. I see him as a Wright type of player that could come here and get make an early impact. 

All these AAF signings kinda justify the NFL and its billions of extra dollars stepping in and helping it become an official developmental league

so if returns kicks, can Hurney finally stop blowing Barner?

10 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

All these AAF signings kinda justify the NFL and its billions of extra dollars stepping in and helping it become an official developmental league

last i checked the league went under unless something has changed in 48 hours

23 minutes ago, RumHam said:

last i checked the league went under unless something has changed in 48 hours

They did, which is why NFL should step in and help it

He actually does not return punts. Only kickoffs. Has no punt returns in the NFL.

Dude was clocked running 22mph in a game so he’s fast. Could be a possible KR/PR candidate.