Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

WarPanthers89

Are we willing to pay 35 million per year for Cam?

1 hour ago, Panthers8969 said:

More accomplished? Who has better individual awards? Oh, you mean Wilson won a SB with the best D in the league, yeah he’s more accomplished all right 

We didn't lose the SB because of defense.

Anyway, all you have to do is pretty much look at things from an offensive standpoint. Can has thrown way more interceptions than Wilson. That indicates that Wilson makes better decisions with the ball. It also may be indicative of inconsistent mechanics and decision making on Cam's part.

I don't know for sure, but Cam may have gotten better protection over the years as well. Wilson's lines have been suspect also.

• Pie 1

If his shoulder is healthy 100% yes

This is going to be the new norm for elite QB talent 

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, Devil Doc said:

I cant believe the Seahawks paid 35 Mill for a little above average QB.... but wouldnt pay Top Defensive players... interesting

What?   3448 yards, 65% competition rating, 35-7 ratio, 110.9 = little above average?     Dude also has a team of mediocre or worse players.     I'm not a fan of Wilson either but I can't deny he's one of the best in the game and probably one of the most underrated QB's over the last few years or so.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, The Huddler said:

If his arm holds up this season then I wouldn't mind 30m

Yes and frankly this would be a good deal on a full velocity Cam. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

If Cam comes back healthy and can throw again does that make him a top 5 qb? 

How many more hits can Cam take on that shoulder before he loses it for good?

I would be leery about giving him top money even if he plays well this year based on his injury history.

A healthy cam last was seen was league MVP. He deserves whatever Wilson has achieved. After all Super Bowls are team achievements not singular. Singular achievements are like... league MVPs..

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

We didn't lose the SB because of defense.

Anyway, all you have to do is pretty much look at things from an offensive standpoint. Can has thrown way more interceptions than Wilson. That indicates that Wilson makes better decisions with the ball. It also may be indicative of inconsistent mechanics and decision making on Cam's part.

I don't know for sure, but Cam may have gotten better protection over the years as well. Wilson's lines have been suspect also.

And the Seahawks did t win that SB bc of Wilson. Mark Sanchez would’ve led them to victory that game. 

Agree that cam May have had a better line, Wilson also does a lot with little surround talent, like cam. Let’s not act like half of cams interceptions aren’t bc the WR fugged up either. Compare cams rushing stats/ tds to Wilson’s. Both are great qbs, unbiasedly, I might say Wilson is better, but biasedly, I’ll let the mvp award speak for itself 

I think there are several owners who CANNOT afford the guaranteed money that is happening in contracts these days. If I remember correctly, the guaranteed money of a contract must be put in escrow for the player immediately. So the owner has to have that much liquid at that moment. Luckily we have the 2nd richest owner in the league who is very liquid and can do these kinds of deals. Out of curiosity, I wonder which team has the richest owner? Don't answer that I'm being facetious.

So while most everyone is considering the cap hit ramifications, which is more important, I'm also saying not every team can do deals like these regardless of cap manipulations (er Saints) because the billionaire owner actually can't afford it (er Raiders). Just something else to keep in mind.

Having a decent backup or two is smart

look at New England. 

They had jimmy G with Brady in his prime and got draft picks for him when he showed he could perform. 

Same with the QB from state, Brisset I think it was. 

Those backups gave the organization leverage over Brady if they needed it and options when he was hurt and suspended. 

Thats what smart teams do.  

Who do the panthers have....two backups that wound be practice squad for other teams 

it is time to smarten up.  I don’t care how great the defense is, without a qb and protection for him, with today’s nfl rules, that team is going nowhere 

get that backup. Protect qb1. If he is hurt or doesn’t perform the organization has options. I love Cam too and I know he has been heroic but competitive pressure is good 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1