Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARSEN

MLS is adding 6 more teams

Recommended Posts

Good chance Charlotte will be on that list.  Tepper would need to fork out $200M initial fee and he already have the stadium so this should be relatively easy unless he wants to build another stadium just for soccer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just now, ARSEN said:

 

39326D38-00BD-4B20-A35A-931D4426659C.jpeg

Ah didnt realise teams 24 through 27 was expansion teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

Ah didnt realise teams 24 through 27 was expansion teams. 

$200M is nothing to Tepper especially if he will use Panthers stadium.  It’s crazy good investment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bringing an MLS to Charlotte would be a great move for the region and a great impression by Tepper to show his commitment to improving the culture of sports in the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Arroz con Panther said:

If the season tickets are going to be around the prices they surveyed about, I'm on board.

How much?  I will get season tickets for soccer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

Would be interesting to see what the Charlotte team would be named. 

Real Charlotte FC United

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ARSEN said:

How much?  I will get season tickets for soccer.

They asked about 12 or so different scenarios with different seating. It ranged from $150 seat license, $450 season tickets to $650 seat license, $1100 season tickets. Really not that bad for, what, at least 10+ home games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean Charlotte isn’t much of a city with sport demand, though it is growing ridiculously and in the future it could be. It’s a business city though, honestly I’d rather a baseball team before soccer. I’m not a sports marketing expert by any means but seems to a soccer team would not be profitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lumps said:

I mean Charlotte isn’t much of a city with sport demand, though it is growing ridiculously and in the future it could be. It’s a business city though, honestly I’d rather a baseball team before soccer. I’m not a sports marketing expert by any means but seems to a soccer team would not be profitable.

MLS can be a huge money maker in the right city. BoA already hosts an international game year that has good tickets sales and is already hosting Gold Cup games. The long plan I’m assuming is making Charlotte a contender for World Cup games next decade when North America hosts the World Cup and Charlotte needs to prove it can sell soccer games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Arroz con Panther said:

They asked about 12 or so different scenarios with different seating. It ranged from $150 seat license, $450 season tickets to $650 seat license, $1100 season tickets. Really not that bad for, what, at least 10+ home games?

Yea, definitely over 10 home games.  More like 20 home games.  European clubs play around 30-35 home games a year with regular league (18 games) and multiple other cups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...