Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARSEN

MLS is adding 6 more teams

Just now, Pimpdaddy said:

Zzzzzzzz.

You can zzzzz all you want.  Better pick a team soon cause this board will be flooded with soccer material during offseason :p

What is the season for this? Is there any overlap with the NFL schedule? 

I guess Tepper will have to hire someone to teach fans how to properly cheer at games. Maybe it’s not to late to educate football fans as well

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

What is the season for this? Is there any overlap with the NFL schedule? 

Nope.  It’s during Panthers offseason.

I would love the PSL/Season tickets, but would be interested in the wording. I think BoA would need MAJOR renovations to keep soccer there long term.  Tepper seems to be hinting at major renovations, so that's nbd, but I do wonder if a soccer specific stadium is in the works. Would hate to buy a PSL in BoA for soccer and then lose it in 5 years because we built a new stadium. 

1 hour ago, Lumps said:

I mean Charlotte isn’t much of a city with sport demand, though it is growing ridiculously and in the future it could be. It’s a business city though, honestly I’d rather a baseball team before soccer. I’m not a sports marketing expert by any means but seems to a soccer team would not be profitable.

It seems like NC, at least, has a fairly strong soccer base, probably due to Duke, UNC, etc. I started casually watching Bundesliga games after some of the olympics buzz. To be fair, I watch them in "NASCAR" mode: fast-forward 4x until you see a goal/wreck, watch the goal/wreck, repeat until last few minutes of race/game. Saves a lot of time and significantly reduces the level of announcer drivel.

41 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Id rather have an Aussie rules football club.

Rubgy sevens, please. We could even use some of the same players...

Honestly, the demographics in the Charlotte region are REALLY good for MLS.  I'm not sure I'd do season tickets, but would I go to a couple games?  Probably so.

2 hours ago, ARSEN said:

You can zzzzz all you want.  Better pick a team soon cause this board will be flooded with soccer material during offseason :p

lol...soccer blows. Jgo will start a new forum for that prolly.

1 minute ago, Arroz con Panther said:

*clears throat*

image.png.d377ebf1db3383e625baa623b2619bd8.png 

.lol....sht...like i said....zzzzz... i give zero about soccer...

18 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

.lol....sht...like i said....zzzzz... i give zero about soccer...

I respect a person's freedom to not care for soccer, but what's the point of going into a thread that is clearly about soccer and interjecting your opinion amongst fans who are clearly excited about this opportunity?

Like, if you really "give zero about soccer" then you wouldn't take the time to post your dissenting opinion. 

I don't much care for soccer myself, but I wouldn't go out of my way to be a turd about it.

40 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

lol...soccer blows. Jgo will start a new forum for that prolly.

There is already soccer board on here