Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

rodeo

democratic primary candidates thread

Btw rodeo is right. Trump fished around being in a foul mood on twitter. And now has gone quiet.  ICE raids only kinda worked so he kept fishing. 

Edited by Fryfan

The only way he's going to be beaten in 2020 is with turnout and activating infrequent/non-voters.  That's it.

You can't win his base over on policy or principles or whatever because they have none.  Yesterday the Grand Wizard Limbaugh was on the radio talking about how the Republican handwringing over debts and deficits is basically a load of crap and nobody actually cares about that.  They have no beliefs other than "Trump good" and "whoever opposes Trump bad".

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield

1 hour ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

that food looks good as hell

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:59 AM, Fryfan said:

Btw rodeo is right. Trump fished around being in a foul mood on twitter. And now has gone quiet.  ICE raids only kinda worked so he kept fishing. 

From what I have read, the ICE raids were nearly non existent.  Trump made a big deal about them just to get people riled up, and then actually did almost nothing.  Certainly nothing like the "millions" he claimed would be deported.  Par for the course for the Trump presidency.  Mostly fluff with little substance.  I suppose we can be thankful that he is more concerned with getting comments on his tweets than running the country.

24 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

From what I have read, the ICE raids were nearly non existent.  Trump made a big deal about them just to get people riled up, and then actually did almost nothing.  Certainly nothing like the "millions" he claimed would be deported.  Par for the course for the Trump presidency.  Mostly fluff with little substance.  I suppose we can be thankful that he is more concerned with getting comments on his tweets than running the country.

absolutely he fished around with ICE raids promises and it failed to get the hype he wanted.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:04 AM, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

The only way he's going to be beaten in 2020 is with turnout and activating infrequent/non-voters.  That's it.

I don't agree.  Trump winning took aberrations in historical voting patterns, with him winning several states (Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin) that republicans haven't won in a while.  In essence, around 100,000 votes in those three states decided the election last time.  100,000 of nearly a 130 million votes cast.  The last election was a razor thin margin that the democrats barely lost.  Imo, this was as much due to Hillary's unpopularity as it was to Trump.   The biggest issue on the Democratic side is who they choose.  Biden probably doesn't have the negatives that Clinton did, but doesn't inspire much enthusiasm.  Hatred of Trump might be enough to get him over the hump though.  Sanders and Warren will inspire the fanatics on the left to vote for them, but they will also inspire the fanatics on the right to vote against them. The Democrats need a Bill Clinton or someone similar emerge in order to enhance chances for a victory in 2020. 

Edited by Davidson Deac II

So the next debate line ups.

Will be good to see Sanders and Warren toe to toe and Willamson being there may be able to drive into some racial wealth gap issues in absence of POC the first night.

Second night could be(hopefully be) a hammering on Biden as his record on racial issues should be on sharp display.

July 30: Steve Bullock, Elizabeth Warren, Tim Ryan, John Hickenlooper, John Delaney, Marianne Williamson, Bernie Sanders, Amy Klobuchar, Beto O'Rourke and Pete Buttigieg.

July 31: Bill de Blasio, Kamala Harris, Joe Biden, Michael Bennet, Tulsi Gabbard, Kirsten Gillibrand, Jay Inslee, Cory Booker, Andrew Yang and Julián Castro.

I'm glad Williamson is back. She is pure comedy. I think it's probably not a good thing to have her championing any cause you support.

• Poo 1

16 minutes ago, bull123 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimes/status/1151494027809886213

dims have decided walking on the moon was gender biased

Actual female astronauts: "Very little of the equipment for spaceflight will work with women. In fact, for some things, there is no equipment so we can't qualify for those jobs."

Stupid people: "I don't know poo about this, but left wing people think women should have a shot, so I disagree!"

Edited by 332nd
  • Pie 2