Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
rodeo

democratic primary candidates thread

I hope Bernie recovers well, but this is probably the end of his campaign. GJBC will abstain from voting or write in Bernie and then blame everyone else if Trump is re-elected. The brilliance of the delusional.

• Pie 1

Bernie should ride off nude with fellow comrades into the sunset.  Warren will scoop his populists and I hope she wins the nomination.  

12 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

Bernie should ride off nude with fellow comrades into the sunset.  Warren will scoop his populists and I hope she wins the nomination.  

And will Trumps cult follow him into KFC and clog up their arteries?  Trump has good health care so he probably will be okay - his followers who vote against their best interests wont be so lucky.

18 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

joe biden has had multiple brain aneurysms and has no idea where he is most of the time. let me know when you decide to speculate on his health and the state of his campaign

His numbers have been taking a beating and I don't think there has been any shortage of speculation regarding his health, particularly his mental acuity. Biden isn't the only other candidate.

All I'm saying is you Bernie bros need to start wrapping your minds around the near certainty that Bernie will not be the nominee and then ask yourself if you're willing to vote for that nominee or let Trumpers flock to the polls again like they did in 2016 and put him back in the White House for four more years.

Whataboutisms don't win Presidential elections. Electoral votes do.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

His numbers have been taking a beating and I don't think there has been any shortage of speculation regarding his health, particularly his mental acuity. Biden isn't the only other candidate.

All I'm saying is you Bernie bros need to start wrapping your minds around the near certainty that Bernie will not be the nominee and then ask yourself if you're willing to vote for that nominee or let Trumpers flock to the polls again like they did in 2016 and put him back in the White House for four more years.

Whataboutisms don't win Presidential elections. Electoral votes do.

At what time should those running slightly behind bow out?  Before the 1st primary?  Should Castro and Harris and Buttiegieg all call it quits... no worth going on their time is up.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

At what time should those running slightly behind bow out?  Before the 1st primary?  Should Castro and Harris and Buttiegieg all call it quits... no worth going on their time is up.

They're just trying to maximize their time in the spotlight. If they have pet issues dear to them, now is the time to voice them to try to get those issues into the spotlight of the conversation. 

5 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

it owns that under no circumstance will you blame your shitty candidate for losing against trump

Do you comprehend how idiotic your delusion is? Bernie is stuck at 15% support but somehow in your childlike mind, he's the only person in America who can possibly beat Trump in a general election. Just try to set aside your overwhelming bias and marinate in the idiocy of that stance for a moment.

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope Bernie recovers well, but this is probably the end of his campaign. GJBC will abstain from voting or write in Bernie and then blame everyone else if Trump is re-elected. The brilliance of the delusional.

He and the trumpers are same coin, opposite sides.

Personalities and politics aside, both dump and sanders are too old to be president.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They're just trying to maximize their time in the spotlight. If they have pet issues dear to them, now is the time to voice them to try to get those issues into the spotlight of the conversation. 

Dont you think Oct/Nov is pretty earlier for this? Let some voters speak. 

Say half a dozen third tier guys and gals bow out and the support boosts biden to a 15% lead?  Should he just run unopposed?

Does anybody have any solid sites for tracking policies, voting, rhetoric, etc?

ontheissues.org I've found to be super solid. They had a pretty neat quiz function where it tried to align you with the various candidates, but Snopes recently bought them out and that feature is currently disabled.

2 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

He and the trumpers are same coin, opposite sides.

Personalities and politics aside, both dump and sanders are too old to be president.

And Warren.

If age is an issue it should be for all.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

be sure to remind me of this when warren gets beat worse than clinton

If she does then Bernie would've gotten beat even worse. 15%, bro. 15%.

I get it that it's 100% in the bubble you live in because you completely dismiss and ridicule anyone with even the slightest difference of opinion, but 15% is the reality.

14 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

And Warren.

If age is an issue it should be for all.

I prefer Buttigieg over any candidate, but at this point it doesn't look like that is going to happen.  Warren at 70,  is 6 years younger than Biden and 8 years younger than Sanders.  Women in this country are also in general healthier and on average live 5 years longer than men.  That is a net gain of 11 years on biden and 13 on Sanders,  longevity and health wise.  Any actuary would tell you Warren is the best bet to take for a two term presidency between Sanders, Biden, Warren and dump.