Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

rodeo

democratic primary candidates thread

Just now, TheBlue said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/A8SOMN8ILX">pic.twitter.com/A8SOMN8ILX</a></p>&mdash; T. Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) <a href="https://twitter.com/BecketAdams/status/1162847909664186368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

posting from iphones suck.

Probably the best proposal overall that I've ever seen from any candidate in any election? Extremely comprehensive @aggielean @matthias

Tablet won't make the @ work will someone tag those two I'm interested in their takes

14 hours ago, TheBlue said:

Joe Biden would do better trying to run as a Republican. 

1)support the same policies

2) old and losing mental faculties just like trump.

3) will appeal to a white majority that just want a normal president again.

but it’s increasingly clear this man has no business being the democrat nominee. 

yeah.  Bernie is a much better option.  As he draws young white folks who don't actually vote. 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

yeah.  Bernie is a much better option.  As he draws young white folks who don't actually vote. 

the majority of his supporters are minorities and women.

... the Houston Chronicle reported, based on interviews with anonymous officials, that a number of senior military officials, including members of the joint chiefs of staff, were in disagreement with the White House’s drive for war with Iraq, and believed that Hussein posed no immediate threat to the United States. The day before the hearings, Scott Ritter, the former chief weapons inspector at the UN, cautioned that it was far from “inevitable” that Iraq had restarted its weapons program, and warned that “Biden’s open embrace of regime removal in Baghdad” threatened to make the hearings “devolve into a political cover” for Congress to authorize Bush’s war.

Yet as Stephen Zunes reported for the Progressive in April 2019, none of these views were aired at Biden’s hearings, which opened with Biden stating that WMDs “must be dislodged from Saddam, or Saddam must be dislodged from power,” and that “if we wait for the danger from Saddam to become clear, it could be too late.” Ritter himself was never invited to testify. 

Neither were other experts critical of the Bush narrative on Iraq, including Rolf Ekéus, the former executive chairman of the United Nations Special Commission, the inspection regime set up after the Gulf War to deal with WMDs, and former UN assistant secretary-general Hans-Christof von Sponeck, who complained that he was “very agitated by the deliberate distortions and misrepresentations” that made it “look to the average person in the US as if Iraq is a threat to their security.” According to Biden, Bush later thanked him for the hearings.   

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2019/07/joe-biden-iraq-war-hawk-presidential-candidate

Joe Biden's long record of favoring political expediency over sound judgement during pivotal moments in our nation's history should clearly demonstrate (to anyone paying attention) that he lacks the capacity to wisely lead our nation as POTUS. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, rodeo said:

Probably the best proposal overall that I've ever seen from any candidate in any election? Extremely comprehensive @aggielean @matthias

I’ll look it over some more, but after a quick skim, it’s pretty sound. There’s quite a bit packed into this proposal, and would do a lot of good. It’s a start 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, rodeo said:

the majority of his supporters are minorities and women.

He has made strides from 2016.  Won’t argue that.  But the Bernie Bros (young, loud angry white dude) still remains the core IMO. 

and while diversifying, his support is still the  unreliable young voters.  

Fact remains, the Feelin the Bern crowd just wants what happened to the Republican Party with Trump...to happen on the left.  Which is a fringe element to take over a party....that the candidate doesn’t really belong to. 

Im arguing with a succ dem rn who thinks that biden is the best possible nominee because and i quote "the data". What drives these people to think That polls are more important than ehats happening in the real world???