Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
rodeo

democratic primary candidates thread

17 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You guys, just keep overlooking Andrew Yang! Ignore the steady rise and historically similar numbers to all the winners at this point in their respective campaigns. The #YangGang will not be denied! This is the real candidate for the working class and all Americans!

Keep plugging for Yang. 

He raises important issues that need to be addressed in the primaries, that the American people need to be made aware of, that the establishment would rather not talk about.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

I guess. Just was hoping for a Bernie, Jr. of some kind. Would help with votes, but I'm not a fan of Warren. 

there is serious lack of candidates with politics as good as his or a record of being consistent and uninfluenced by big money / lobbyists. the pipeline is nearly barren, the pessimist in me worries that any movement leftward gets co-opted into tootheless idpol bs instead of structural changes that uplift across gender/racial/etc lines.

• Pie 2

52 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

Maybe in a few years. Hopefully she doesn't get corrupted by the establishment or gets politically assassinated by her own party for fighting the status quo.

Have to admit she was the first thing that popped in my mind as a Bernie, Jr.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Maybe in a few years. Hopefully she doesn't get corrupted by the establishment or gets politically assassinated by her own party for fighting the status quo.

Hoping she continues as face of the Democratic Party 

11 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Omar is more of a Bernie Jr, sadly AOC has been moving more and more towards the center since she was elected.

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Omar is more of a Bernie Jr, sadly AOC has been moving more and more towards the center since she was elected.

Since her Chief of Staff, Saikat Chakrabarti left in August AOC has toned down her behavior significantly.   

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

Hoping she continues as face of the Democratic Party 

Better face than the poo the republicans have in trump.

1 hour ago, rodeo said:

Then let it be Omar. I'd love to see a total about face from the trump regime.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Can you link to something that isn't just a wee bit biased?

I'm not clicking or reading that fox poo anymore. I spent too many years of my life sucked into that crap.

I looked on the cnn site

nothing about this out there, only thing on their site was opinion pieces about Trump

Trump is trash, Trump staffers turning on him, Trump voters gonna all vote for democrats, America hates Trump, all of America wants Trump impeached, Republicans are all garbage, Democrats are the only intelligent people in our country

and so on...

49 minutes ago, bull123 said:

I looked on the cnn site

nothing about this out there, only thing on their site was opinion pieces about Trump

Trump is trash, Trump staffers turning on him, Trump voters gonna all vote for democrats, America hates Trump, all of America wants Trump impeached, Republicans are all garbage, Democrats are the only intelligent people in our country

and so on...

I have never voted democrat in my life, at least in a presidential election. Could say I was a lifetime Republican until recent years when the scales started falling off my eyes so to speak and some things I had been seeing when I ran around with sons of US senators and being involved in some high profile fundraising events in the 90's started troubling me more and more. Add in some perspective changes in my worldview when I dedicated a couple years to serving others who didn't have the privilege of growing up in a loving home rather than serving myself (trying to walk my talk). I started voting either third party candidates or writing in candidates I believed in. Locally and as far as Congress and Senate went, I always voted against the incumbent. I want term limits so I did my part to turnover a machine that needed turned over in Washington.

You have made this assumption that I am just another democrat. Whatever. If I am, call me a trump democrat because I had never been anti GOP until trump became their guy. 

What you saw on CNN...thats me and I know lots of people of integrity who are or have done the same, jumping ship. 

I just can't tolerate a trump party, which is what they have become. He is the epitome of much of what is wrong with this country and this world and I want no part of that. I'd rather work to make it better.

This isn't a case of hating our country, like you have intimated in your constant reporting while you were in your vacation. This place is home and it will likely be home for my two daughters for the rest of their lives and I will be damned if I don't fight to change it into something better than the cesspool it has become, especially since trump got elected. 

He is a bad man and I have considered him such going back 20+ years. Everything I have seen him do and say and the way he has acted publicly has only proven he is the antichrist I believed him to be for many years. To say I am disappointed invite republican party for their support of him would be an understatement. To say that I am embarrassed to have been so entrenched in that party for so much of my life would be accurate.

I'm not a democrat. I'm not a republican. I'm not allowing myself to get trapped by any label right now other than a guy who wants my girls to grow up in a world that has a better and kinder set of lenses than the one I grew up in.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

45 minutes ago, bull123 said:

I looked on the cnn site

and so on...

How do you back this admin and look yourself in the mirror?

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

How do you back this admin and look yourself in the mirror?

I have asked this about so many that support him. Many said they weren't voting for him, they were voting for pence but they were really just voting Republican blindly and since then I know many who realized that, but there are many others who now support him in ways they didn't or couldn't admit to before and they do it knowing he's bad, but are so wrapped up in their identity as Republicans they now have no choice but to blindly support him.