Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

jokerfied rodeo

democratic primary candidates thread

9 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

everyone has gotten into the details. you’re just too stupid to comprehend it. the president has the legal authority to forgive student loans. it could and would be a day one move for sanders.

do us all a favor and shut the fug up cra

no, last time this was discussed some of your fellow Bros simply admitted they didn't even know the most fundamental aspects of the "proposal". 

and you can't discuss the topic...because given it is a similar to a Trump like pitch...you are left to just make up all the details that haven't been explained to you.   

Wiping out literally ALL student debt is nonsensical.  It isn't going to happen.  It shouldn't happen.  And Bernie knows that.   Warren knows that.  

8 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

Problem with this analogy is the insinuation people were forced to be tied to the tracks.  All the information was provided to them and they voluntarily lied down and made a choice.  Living with the wish someone's going to bail you out is not a sound long term plan I don't care what we're talking about.  

Being PSYOPed at 17 into buying into the accepted American path of college, job, marriage, kids is not the same as you sitting down to determine whether or not you can afford a new car.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

no, last time this was discussed some of your fellow Bros simply admitted they didn't even know the most fundamental aspects of the "proposal". 

and you can't discuss the topic...because given it is a similar to a Trump like pitch.  You are left to just make up all the details that haven't been explained to you.   

make up what details? they’re right there! do you know what’s actually “trump like”? denying factual information all because it’s inconvenient to your personal beliefs. 

Edited by GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER

Not that this is important, I'm just curious.  If all student loan debt were forgiven tomorrow, wouldn't alot of people who work jobs collecting and processing the payments lose their jobs?

I love how boomers and right wingers just ignore the "make America better for your kids than you" goal.    "Well because we had it harder, they should do, here is my BOOT."      We should want future generations to have things easier, and just because it was harder 5 years ago doesn't mean they should go through it as well.      Stop being selfish.      Same people that get mad when min. wage is increased and their pay isn't.    Yeah in a not-greedy version of America you would get a bump too but let's not get all bent out of shape and hate those who got it.   

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

make up what details? they’re right there! do you know what’s actually “trump like”? denying factual information all because it’s inconvenient to your personal beliefs. 

The details about wiping out all student debt.  

Answer the couple examples in the last few posts then.   Does the dad get a check back? Does the student who paid off all or part of their debt get a check for that money back too? Bernie nor Warren address all those relevant issues.   Then address how it impacts things going forward for future students.   You just got 5 years free at Furman let's say.  So when I graduate high school next year I can get 5 free at Furman? Or do I have to go to a tech school? How about 4?  I'll get a degree.  Let's say you just had 5 years of party debt. 

54 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

And they are justified in saying it.  Didn't they know they could just plan to travel to the US 9 months into their pregnancy, or sneak in and then claim asylum.  

There was a point in history we didn’t have a polio vaccine. Did the people who got polio before the vaccine get screwed? Yeah probably. Is that any reason to not give out the polio vaccine now? No that would be stupid. We’ve made advancements and this helps the great good. Stop being a POS

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

Does the dad get a check back?

nope. should we send a check to the families of every single person throughout history who died of an illness that is treatable or preventable today? vaccines are a real fug you to those who overcame their illnesses after all.

Does the student who paid off all or part of their debt get a check for that money back too?

nope. that student does however get to live in a world where better things are possible. if a student paid off their debt then they are obviously in a position to benefit from the economic stimulus that would accompany debt forgiveness. what if i told you that you don’t have to directly benefit from every single thing a president does in order to be significantly better off?

Bernie nor Warren address all those relevant issues.

they do not have to in order to forgive all student debt. i get that you’re just another dumb right winger demanding to be catered to but i personally don’t give a poo if your “concerns” are ignored. seems to be working out pretty well for bernie so far. one of the most popular legislators in the country, you know.

You just got 5 years free at Furman let's say.  So when I graduate high school next year I can get 5 free at Furman? Or do I have to go to a tech school? How about 4?  I'll get a degree.  Let's say you just had 5 years of party debt. 

can you try to make this coherent? thanks

Edited by GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I love how boomers and right wingers just ignore the "make America better for your kids than you" goal.    "Well because we had it harder, they should do, here is my BOOT."      We should want future generations to have things easier, and just because it was harder 5 years ago doesn't mean they should go through it as well.      Stop being selfish.      Same people that get mad when min. wage is increased and their pay isn't.    Yeah in a not-greedy version of America you would get a bump too but let's not get all bent out of shape and hate those who got it.   

I'm not sure you would really be making things better for them by making college free.  All you are really doing at that point is making it a continuation of high school, with college degrees being worth less than they are now.  Think about it.  What do you think is going to happen to wages of college grads when there are MORE qualified people to choose from?

As far as minimum wage going up, the people above minimum wage (particularly around the $10-15/hour crowd) would need a pay increase.  Otherwise, you just gave them a pay cut because their buying power off of their current pay just went down. 

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

The details about wiping out all student debt.  

Answer the couple examples in the last few posts then.   Does the dad get a check back? Does the student who paid off all or part of their debt get a check for that money back too? Bernie nor Warren address all those relevant issues.   Then address how it impacts things going forward for future students.   You just got 5 years free at Furman let's say.  So when I graduate high school next year I can get 5 free at Furman? Or do I have to go to a tech school? How about 4?  I'll get a degree.  Let's say you just had 5 years of party debt. 

This really comes down to morals and how you view people. And y’all are selfish as hell.

I paid off my student loans. No I don’t want a 50k check back. There are more people like me who care more about our generation and the betterment of society. Because we as a whole are really struggling. I’m not gonna hold 30+ million people’s finances hostage because I didn’t get to partake in the loan forgiveness by paying them off before. But I’m also not a prick.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, TheBlue said:

There was a point in history we didn’t have a polio vaccine. Did the people who got polio before the vaccine get screwed? Yeah probably. Is that any reason to not give out the polio vaccine now? No that would be stupid. We’ve made advancements and this helps the great good. Stop being a POS

Wait, you're comparing voluntarily signing a loan agreement to a communicable disease?  If these students were being abused that's one thing.  Want to talk about reforms?  Talk about why college tuition and costs have skyrocketed way above and beyond inflation.  This is why we have a college debt problem.  It's the colleges.  Not the lending body, which happened to be taken over by the government during the Obama administration.  

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/obama-created-student-loan-crisis-with-1-trillion-in-loans/

Encouraging the lender (government) giving out money at rates they knew most couldn't afford.  It's creating a crisis to build a new government dependency demographic.  Slaves.  Want us to save you?  Vote for us.  Nevermind how it gets paid.  

13 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I'm not sure you would really be making things better for them by making college free.  All you are really doing at that point is making it a continuation of high school, with college degrees being worth less than they are now.  Think about it.  What do you think is going to happen to wages of college grads when there are MORE qualified people to choose from?

As far as minimum wage going up, the people above minimum wage (particularly around the $10-15/hour crowd) would need a pay increase.  Otherwise, you just gave them a pay cut because their buying power off of their current pay just went down. 

College isn't always about making money.    We need to become a better educated society.    People should go to college to just learn.    The right wing does NOT want more college students because that eats into their uneducated voter base.    

I agree when a company increases min. wage others should but I don't agree with wanting it to not even happen because of selfish reasons.

2 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

College isn't always about making money.    We need to become a better educated society.    People should go to college to just learn.    The right wing does NOT want more college students because that eats into their uneducated voter base.    

I agree when a company increases min. wage others should but I don't agree with wanting it to not even happen because of selfish reasons.

The majority of the uneducated voter base is beginning in middle/high school education where WHEN they go to college they can barely read at a high school level.  College isn't fixing stupid, it is amplifying it with the government lending to bad investments.  Improper grade advancement.  Schools just passing on the problems up the chain and putting kids further and further behind with no real hope or foundation of what it will take to succeed.  

19 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I'm not sure you would really be making things better for them by making college free.  All you are really doing at that point is making it a continuation of high school, with college degrees being worth less than they are now. 

people who believe in meritocracy love to argue that if everyone can have a degree on merit instead of money that degrees are worthless

• Pie 2