Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
rodeo

democratic primary candidates thread

28 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

nope. should we send a check to the families of every single person throughout history who died of an illness that is treatable or preventable today? vaccines are a real fug you to those who overcame their illnesses after all.

nope. that student does however get to live in a world where better things are possible. if a student paid off their debt then they are obviously in a position to benefit from the economic stimulus that would accompany debt forgiveness. what if i told you that you don’t have to directly benefit from every single thing a president does in order to be significantly better off?

they do not have to in order to forgive all student debt. i get that you’re just another dumb right winger demanding to be catered to but i personally don’t give a poo if your “concerns” are ignored. seems to be working out pretty well for bernie so far. one of the most popular legislators in the country, you know.

can you try to make this coherent? thanks

So the policy makes those who prioritized their debt poorer than their peers that didn’t.  

Sounds awesome.   Sounds like it will go over great once implemented.  

47 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

This really comes down to morals and how you view people. And y’all are selfish as hell.

I paid off my student loans. No I don’t want a 50k check back. There are more people like me who care more about our generation and the betterment of society. Because we as a whole are really struggling. I’m not gonna hold 30+ million people’s finances hostage because I didn’t get to partake in the loan forgiveness by paying them off before. But I’m also not a prick.

Who is y’all?  Families like me? That currently have student loan debt?  With small kids that probably can’t go at the current pace of things? 

Being against one specific policy doesn’t make someone selfish.  That is a bullshit take and how everyone argues most topics.  That if you are against one specific version of a policy it means you are against all policies of that nature.  That you are saying fug those people.  Which isn’t true. 

I support some free higher education.  I support helping people that got fugged by inflated tuition and the debt they are burdened with. I support a drastic overhaul of our higher education system and how we are steering kids coming up. 

I just don’t support literally wiping all the books clean because I think you have to look at all that have gone through the higher education system 

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

So the policy makes those who prioritized their debt poorer than their peers that didn’t.  

Sounds awesome.   Sounds like it will go over great once implemented.  

Trump/bush tax breaks prioritized the very rich an corporations over middle class Americans. The home owners tax break prioritizes home owners over people who rent.

people still have to pay taxes for public schools even though they send their kids to private. 

policies don’t need to inherently serve everyone to be good policies. Now stfu 

• Pie 1

Student debt relief needs wealth testing.  We have a lot of it but relief is not needed for us. 

wealth test it and use the rest to support education reparations (A living wage income stipend to support while attending admission free universities) 

4 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Student debt relief needs wealth testing.  We have a lot of it but relief is not needed for us. 

wealth test it and use the rest to support education reparations (A living wage income stipend to support while attending admission free universities) 

the bureaucracy required to means test this would probably cost more than the plan itself lmao. that's why we don't means test any other government programs. not to mention its a fuging stupid idea in the first place

• Pie 4
  • Flames 2

37 minutes ago, rodeo said:

the bureaucracy required to means test this would probably cost more than the plan itself lmao. that's why we don't means test any other government programs. not to mention its a fuging stupid idea in the first place

Lmao to you. 

wtf do I need it when those left ducked up by America are owed it. 

3 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Lmao to you. 

wtf do I need it when those left ducked up by America are owed it. 

good question. bernie should allow people like you to request that their debt not be forgiven. everyone else gets cancellation.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Who is y’all?  Families like me? That currently have student loan debt?  With small kids that probably can’t go at the current pace of things? 

Being against one specific policy doesn’t make someone selfish.  That is a bullshit take and how everyone argues most topics.  That if you are against one specific version of a policy it means you are against all policies of that nature.  That you are saying fug those people.  Which isn’t true. 

I support some free higher education.  I support helping people that got fugged by inflated tuition and the debt they are burdened with. I support a drastic overhaul of our higher education system and how we are steering kids coming up. 

I just don’t support literally wiping all the books clean because I think you have to look at all that have gone through the higher education system 

6 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

bernie should allow people like you to request that their debt not be forgiven. everyone else gets cancellation.

10 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

on a related note: bye liz you can drop out now. go figure out why your favorability is bad back home.

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 7.07.53 PM.png

2 hours ago, CRA said:

The details about wiping out all student debt.  

Answer the couple examples in the last few posts then.   Does the dad get a check back? Does the student who paid off all or part of their debt get a check for that money back too? Bernie nor Warren address all those relevant issues.   Then address how it impacts things going forward for future students.   You just got 5 years free at Furman let's say.  So when I graduate high school next year I can get 5 free at Furman? Or do I have to go to a tech school? How about 4?  I'll get a degree.  Let's say you just had 5 years of party debt. 

you selfish fugs. i worked 60-70 hours a week at a hotel bar through undergrad AND grad school so i wouldn't have to take loans at all, something no one else in my peer group was willing to do. yet i support forgiving their debts. why? because i am not a selfish pathetic fug and i'm in support of things that better society even if i don't personally benefit directly from it, because i'm not a fuging child at daycare complaining some other kid got an extra cookie. conservative christians are so pathologically selfish and petty it makes me want to fuging puke 

• Pie 5

i just want to stress that debt forgiveness is one of the quickest and easiest things a president could do that would transform the lives of millions both directly and indirectly for the better. so when you see people shitting on this kind of action but concern trolling over a congress that is potentially hostile to president bernie, recognize what’s happening. they’re banking on congress to stop him entirely.

• Pie 3

25 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

on a related note: bye liz you can drop out now. go figure out why your favorability is bad back home.

if she drops out she's endorsing biden and he'd win the nomination probably, we need her to stay in through iowa and new hampshire and a few more until bernie is just seen as inevitable

liberals really do think debt is some morally ambiguous (or even good) thing and not the trap that it is lol. “some people should have to go $50,000 in debt so they can maybe get interviews for entry level jobs that require a masters degree paying $11 an hour hmm yes this is a good thing for society we shouldn’t just throw the baby out with the bath water here”

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, rodeo said:

if she drops out she's endorsing biden and he'd win the nomination probably, we need her to stay in through iowa and new hampshire and a few more until bernie is just seen as inevitable

she might endorse biden but i bet her supporters would go to mayo pete with maybe a sliver to bernie