Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
rodeo

democratic primary candidates thread

The biggest reason I'm Bernie or bust now is I realized voting for Joe Biden for the "lesser evil" allows the DNC to put CRA and Harbingers on the ticket in 2024

• Pie 7

most diverse base

most momentum

leading the polls

most excitement

most likely to beat trump

at this point if you still oppose bernie it's because you support donald trump

• Pie 5
  • Flames 2

4 hours ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

good question. bernie should allow people like you to request that their debt not be forgiven. everyone else gets cancellation.

Good wealth test me.  I don’t need it. I can point to thousands that do. 

im for it.  I’m for it like taxing the wealthy. I pay my share so those in need get help

i support Bernie in raising my taxes also our system is not anywhere as progressive as it should be and I fall in the area which rates are too low. I support taxes being based on wealth not income also. 

explain to me the issue with using wealth as a measure to equalize society more?  The relief to the those in more need has a more economic stimulative effect then relief to upper middle classes   

I like your trolling though   Hey if you want higher taxes just give more!  Quality work. 

Edited by Fryfan

it’s cool that you support the mechanism to raise revenues but don’t want to use that revenue to plug the hole left by full debt cancellation. what are you gonna use the money for fryfan? the building full of useless bureaucrats means testing your half measures?

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Good wealth test me.  I don’t need it. I can point to thousands that do. 

im for it.  I’m for it like taxing the wealthy. I pay my share so those in need get help

i support Bernie in raising my taxes also our system is not anywhere as progressive as it should be and I fall in the area which rates are too low. I support taxes being based on wealth not income also. 

explain to me the issue with using wealth as a measure to equalize society more?  The relief to the those in more need has a more economic stimulative effect then relief to upper middle classes   

I like your trolling though   Hey if you want higher taxes just give more!  Quality work. 

means testing policies are by majority weaker and more susceptible to political sabotage. Universal programs that would effect everyone dont create a divide. Also means testing fails regularly already  

• Pie 2

same barriers apply for means tested debt forgiveness that apply for voter id. “oh they don’t have a computer? oh they can’t just drive? they can’t just fill out a form???” no reason at all to be this way. it doesn’t save money and creates real hurdles that will only impact the poor and disabled. it’s a trojan horse (much like your candidate elizabeth warren)

Edited by GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER
  • Pie 1

Means testing only allows for future politicians to deny. I agree with you on many things Fry but this is a hard no.

34 minutes ago, TheBlue said:

means testing policies are by majority weaker and more susceptible to political sabotage. Universal programs that would effect everyone dont create a divide. Also means testing fails regularly already  

Divide has been created.  It needs to be undone. 

6 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

Means testing only allows for future politicians to deny. I agree with you on many things Fry but this is a hard no.

How does this differ then a progressive tax code or wealth tax?  

33 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

same barriers apply for means tested debt forgiveness that apply for voter id. “oh they don’t have a computer? oh they can’t just drive? they can’t just fill out a form???” no reason at all to be this way. it doesn’t save money and creates real hurdles that will only impact the poor and disabled. it’s a trojan horse (much like your candidate elizabeth warren)

Lol. I prefer your less obvious trolling.   Weak sauce. 

Can anyone provide a better measure between bourgeois and the proletariat then a measure of wealth?    Generational property ownership stocks etc. why is this not the measure 

the future should not be indentured by college fees and medical bills.   We move beyond that. 

taxes and debt forgiveness is wealth based. 

Edited by Fryfan

12 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Can anyone provide a better measure between bourgeois and the proletariat then a measure of wealth?    Generational property ownership stocks etc. why is this not the measure 

the future should not be indentured by college fees and medical bills.   We move beyond that. 

taxes and debt forgiveness is wealth based. 

in your opinion has means testing made welfare better, or worse? is it easier or harder to get for the people who need it?

• Pie 1